ADVERTISEMENT

Lander has committed to Indiana!

Lander's commitment is huge for Archie Miller. He needed to ensure IU was the "cool" place for in-state kids to play rather than Louisville, Michigan State, Purdue, etc. Could Trey Kaufman, Caleb Furst, Luke Goode or Blake Wesley be next? Exciting times.

Lander's commitment is huge for Archie Miller. He needed to ensure IU was the "cool" place for in-state kids to play rather than Louisville, Michigan State, Purdue, etc. Could Trey Kaufman, Caleb Furst, Luke Goode or Blake Wesley be next? Exciting times.

An important commitment to be sure. IU's back court play has been a key issue and assuming Lander makes it to a uniform and plays at or close to potential along with fellow frosh; good things may come.

I took some heat from some of the Never Miller's and the trolls here for not jumping on the Fire AM badwagon a year ago. I said then I wanted to wait until March of 2020 to express an opinion and I still do. There have been some negative outcomes this season but this is not one of them.

An important commitment to be sure. IU's back court play has been a key issue and assuming Lander makes it to a uniform and plays at or close to potential along with fellow frosh; good things may come.

I took some heat from some of the Never Miller's and the trolls here for not jumping on the Fire AM badwagon a year ago. I said then I wanted to wait until March of 2020 to express an opinion and I still do. There have been some negative outcomes this season but this is not one of them.
Same here.

is Archie the 100% answer? Jury still is out, but he’s doing everything from a recruiting standpoint he said he was going to do. Looking forward to when current frosh/sophs are junior/senior.

Congrats on the get. Hope he does well for you guys...a lefty out of Evansville a few years back turned out to be pretty good also.

I've only seen KL play once. Has that "smoothness" to his game, always looks under control. Regardless of what school they go to, I always hope kids rep the area well.

The KL commitment should have a huge positive impact on recruiting. Stud wings and bigs should love the idea of committing to a program with a 5star pass first point guard already on board.
I always look at it from a regional perspective. It is good to get a good recruiting pipeline from regions like Evansville,Ft Wayne, Indianapolis, and South Bend.

Has IU offered Goode? I've seen eight of his games and he looks like an all around type player. I don't think he is a future college star in the making, but a very solid one. I'd like him at IU.

So what is the status of KL making it in next year. Does it depend on summer classes? Does this close the book on adding more for 2020 assuming no xfers. If he doesn't make it then there will be an open schollie during next season?

So what is the status of KL making it in next year. Does it depend on summer classes? Does this close the book on adding more for 2020 assuming no xfers. If he doesn't make it then there will be an open schollie during next season?
Rumor is he'd have to take summer school to do it. Wouldn't know for sure for awhile.

If he reclassified, we are full next season, unless someone transfers. We'd have 3 open scholarships for the class of 21.

Rumor is he'd have to take summer school to do it. Wouldn't know for sure for awhile.

If he reclassified, we are full next season, unless someone transfers. We'd have 3 open scholarships for the class of 21.
How do we have 4 scholarships available next year?
One open from this year along with DG and DD as seniors.

The main loss of Green is quickness. If Lander is a 2020 he will replace that straight away.
My son has reffed several of his games from middle school through this year. He called a game this fall where Lander had 6 dunks and assists on alley oops as typical.

His crossover dribble is said to be wicked and effective. I look forward to seeing how he does in college.

I'll be shocked if Anderson is on the roster next year.

Same here.

is Archie the 100% answer? Jury still is out, but he’s doing everything from a recruiting standpoint he said he was going to do. Looking forward to when current frosh/sophs are junior/senior.

Body of work to date is a mixed bag to be sure. Still concerned that the team doesn't seem to have an identity, but we shall see.

I feel the real evaluation on Archie can start next year as the core of this group will transition into being upperclassmen. This team looks poised to be real solid next year so expectations will be high. If the same issues exist next year as during the overhaul then I'll start being worried about Archie.

I feel the real evaluation on Archie can start next year as the core of this group will transition into being upperclassmen. This team looks poised to be real solid next year so expectations will be high. If the same issues exist next year as during the overhaul then I'll start being worried about Archie.
I'm already worried about Archie. The team really has underperformed this year. But he has recruited well and is trying to establish a defense-first culture. Following CTC, that isn't an easy task. I feel like a Cubs fan when I say hopefully... "Wait until next year."

Reactions: IUgradman
Looking at the season as a whole, in terms of wins and losses, Indiana hasn't underperformed. While I would say it has been an ugly rollercoaster ride, before the season began, most would have been very happy to lose only one game out of conference and be .500 within conference.

Assuming we win at least two of the next four, I think most would be pleased. We're not where we want to be, but Archie is making progress.

I'm already worried about Archie. The team really has underperformed this year. But he has recruited well and is trying to establish a defense-first culture. Following CTC, that isn't an easy task. I feel like a Cubs fan when I say hopefully... "Wait until next year."

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Underperformed?....based on what?

Feelings.
I'm not going to lie. You got me. I "feel" like we've lost quite a few games that we should have won. I don't have statistical evidence to back me up, but yes, I "feel" like we should have performed better this year. It's the eye-test. And before you tear into me, note that I'm readily admitting that I was stating an opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT