ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies Bball Portal

Moren has had an excellent 2 years recruiting from the portal, and her player development has been excellent. What she needs to improve upon is getting more highly rated talent. For a program that has been now established as a power, she hasn't been able to get any 4 or 5 stars.

Witness not bein able to get McDAA Ashlynn Shade from LaLumiere. She would be perfect for us, but she is going to UConn. Moren is a great coach, but for whatever reason, she and her staff has not been able to get top talent, particularly from in-state.

Moren has done an unbelievable job, but getting better and better recruits is the next challenge. So far, she has been successful getting i from the portal.

Moren has had an excellent 2 years recruiting from the portal, and her player development has been excellent. What she needs to improve upon is getting more highly rated talent. For a program that has been now established as a power, she hasn't been able to get any 4 or 5 stars.

Witness not bein able to get McDAA Ashlynn Shade from LaLumiere. She would be perfect for us, but she is going to UConn. Moren is a great coach, but for whatever reason, she and her staff has not been able to get top talent, particularly from in-state.

Moren has done an unbelievable job, but getting better and better recruits is the next challenge. So far, she has been successful getting i from the portal.
I mean....it's UCONN.

But aside from that, not every player with a certain number of stars next to their name fits the culture that she's built for working hard, team-first, defense-first.

Sometimes they miss on those players that they're going after that are highly rated. Sometimes they pass on those players because they don't think they fit.

Also:
Grace Berger 5-star
Jaelynn Penn 4-star
Mak 5-star
Bargesser 4-star

Last edited:
She missed a bunny at a crucial time. It happens.

You imply she is a poor shooter. Last year, she shot 44% from the field and 34% from 3, and every year her stats have improved. She is not a poor shooter, especially when you consider that she played a lot of PG while always have the #1 assignment guarding the opponent's best player.
money on FT's too! Great trait to have in a PG!

Reactions: DANC and Jssanto
I mean....it's UCONN.

But aside from that, not every player with a certain number of stars next to their name fits the culture that she's built for working hard, team-first, defense-first.

Sometimes they miss on those players that they're going after that are highly rated. Sometimes they pass on those players because they don't think they fit.

It's not a criticism. Moren is a very good coach, has recruited well from the portal, and has an excellent track record of player development.

But it's fair game to note that to get IU to an even higher level, being able to bring in even more highly rated talent should be the goal. Even she can begin to bring in some 4 or 5 stars (regardless if they are in state or not), that can boost her to an even higher stature.

It's not a criticism. Moren is a very good coach, has recruited well from the portal, and has an excellent track record of player development.

But it's fair game to note that to get IU to an even higher level, being able to bring in even more highly rated talent should be the goal. Even she can begin to bring in some 4 or 5 stars (regardless if they are in state or not), that can boost her to an even higher stature.
You do know that both kids coming in this year are 4 Star kids right? You know that Bargesser was a 4 Star last year right. Like others said those like Mack, Grace, Ali (even though it was as an xfer), Parrish were all 4 of 5 star kids. Garzon would have been at least a 4 star if not 5 had she been included in the rankings as well

Get over yourself. Moren has done a great job of developing talent, and has recruited several kids ranked in the 40s and 50s.

What I am saying is that to get her program to the next level, she needs to get even better talent (e.g. kids in the 10s, 20s and 30s). Kids with even better skills and athleticism. That doesn't mean she hasn't brought in good players.

She missed a bunny at a crucial time. It happens.

You imply she is a poor shooter. Last year, she shot 44% from the field and 34% from 3, and every year her stats have improved. She is not a poor shooter, especially when you consider that she played a lot of PG while always have the #1 assignment guarding the opponent's best player.
I think that is a key. Her numbers, especially 3s, have improved every year. It is hard to have an absolute favorite player on the ladies team, but she is one of them for sure.

It would be great to get at least a starting PG and another post player. Moren has success with a 4 guard lineup plus one post. Mac and Lily are the bigs, but getting a dependable big for depth is important, especially if someone gets hurt.

The bigger get would be getting a PG who can penetrate and distribute. Tha would allow Chloe to focus more on being the 2 and not having so much responsibility handling the ball.
Do you think Lexus can be that penetrate and distribute PG?

Next 23recruit sb a 6’5 Super Athlete with a non stop motor.
Now somebody find one for us

If you don’t play favorites, why didn’t you respond to the post denigrating the women’s team?
No, you don’t get to turn this around on me. I didn’t come into this thread attacking the women’s team. I don’t think they need me to be their white knight on here either. My first post was responsive to the original topic, then Miss Priss made her snide remark and it pissed me off. So sue me…

No, you don’t get to turn this around on me. I didn’t come into this thread attacking the women’s team. I don’t think they need me to be their white knight on here either. My first post was responsive to the original topic, then Miss Priss made her snide remark and it pissed me off. So sue me…
You didn’t answer my question

The ladies are fun to watch. Team ball and cohesive.
We have six starters, so with Grace turning pro, we will have 5 starters back. We have 2 guards coming in and still have two open spots.
Wish I knew who they felt they needed. Another big? More guards?
We lost our confidence at the end of the year when we battled back from behind to take the lead at Iowa. Only to have Clarke bury an off balance three with about a second left.
I am really hoping for a jump from Yardon (frosh of the year candidate last year), Sara’s three point shot, and development of Lex and Lilly. Syd will be Syd, a home grown force.
Chloe will continue to lead, defend, and push the pace.
I have really enjoyed watching the IU womens team. The 2 incoming freshmen are Gatorade POY in Texas and Illinois. Either one of them has a chance to be as good as Grace B. (Though not as important to the program as Grace)

Reactions: fwiu

The two freshmen she has coming in next year are 4 stars and Gatorade POY in Illinois and Texas. The Indiana Miss basketballs last year( Ayanna Patterson) and this year( Ashlynn Shade) were both recruited by Geno Auriemma at Uconn. That is a tough obstacle, but hope we can overcome it. It takes time and continued excellence on the court.

The two freshmen she has coming in next year are 4 stars and Gatorade POY in Illinois and Texas. The Indiana Miss basketballs last year( Ayanna Patterson) and this year( Ashlynn Shade) were both recruited by Geno Auriemma at Uconn. That is a tough obstacle, but hope we can overcome it. It takes time and continued excellence on the court.
Shade was not Miss Basketball.

The question is, why didn’t the remark we have a women’s team piss you off? You know, like it did me?

Reactions: Hoosierific
Lex is fast. She won the 100, 200, and 400 M as a junior in HS.
I really enjoy that fast, push the ball up the court, offense.
Yeah, I said athleticism but what I think really hurt us was the physicality of Miami's guards. They could back our guards down, or get by them if they got their shoulders in front. Stronger, more weight, physicality... whatever you want to call it, but their guards were able to bull past our perimeter defenders.

The question is, why didn’t the remark we have a women’s team piss you off? You know, like it did me?
I love the women's team and I also realize that others may not have found the same enjoyment as I. So, those remarks do NOT piss me off: instead, I see them as an opportunity to find one more fan.

I think I should help that person find the joy that can result from becoming a fan. BUT, I also realize that the possible fan has to go through a process of becoming a fan, that there may be initial resistance and if the change occurs it will be on HIS timetable and not on mine.

Finally, I know that the person may NEVER become a fan no matter what I say or do. It is his decision to become a fan or to not become a fan. It's not something that I need to get pissed off about.

I love the women's team and I also realize that others may not have found the same enjoyment as I. So, those remarks do NOT piss me off: instead, I see them as an opportunity to find one more fan.

I think I should help that person find the joy that can result from becoming a fan. BUT, I also realize that the possible fan has to go through a process of becoming a fan, that there may be initial resistance and if the change occurs it will be on HIS timetable and not on mine.

Finally, I know that the person may NEVER become a fan no matter what I say or do. It is his decision to become a fan or to not become a fan. It's not something that I need to get pissed off about.
That’s nice. But I was speaking to the person who said he was pissed of about what I said about the women’s team.

Yeah, I said athleticism but what I think really hurt us was the physicality of Miami's guards. They could back our guards down, or get by them if they got their shoulders in front. Stronger, more weight, physicality... whatever you want to call it, but their guards were able to bull past our perimeter defenders.
Agree. How do we fix that? Body positioning? Weight room?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT