ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to UNC and KU...

I’ll leave the crap grasping to you.
At least make an argument that makes sense. I mean when they opened college sports books it was a big deal. The Vegas trip was all about money had very little to do with recruiting vegas or the west coast etc. Atlanta is all about recruiting.

Exactly. This topic came up a few months ago and he asked why and stated it was dumb. Multiple posts telling him of the benefits.

So here he is, again, stirring up crap to hear himself talk when he got the answer months ago.

what benefits, other than it's convenient for someone living in the area?

the "prospects" thing is total BS and we all know it, as there are prospects all over the country, including Indiana.

still waiting on someone, anyone, making a case that the benefits come close to out weighing the negatives.

again though, IU has definitely stepped up it's white corpuscle social media army since they first sold off the PSU home football game. (which no doubt brought IU a bevy of elite fball recruits from the DC area).

Last edited:

the "prospects" thing is total BS and we all know it, as there are prospects all over the country, including Indiana.

still waiting on someone, anyone, making a case that the benefits come close to out weighing the negatives.

again though, IU has definitely stepped up it's white corpuscle social media army since they first sold off the PSU home football game. (which no doubt brought IU a bevy of elite fball recruits from the DC area).

Many gave you several reasons. You don't like them. There is no reason that will ever satisfy you. You believe what you want to believe and nobody will ever convince you otherwise. You just want to argue, to argue.

Reactions: stollcpa
Many gave you several reasons. You don't like them. There is no reason that will ever satisfy you. You believe what you want to believe and nobody will ever convince you otherwise. You just want to argue, to argue.

no, they didn't.

still waiting for those great reasons. or even good ones.

good luck with that.

i'm guessing if you guys had any good reasons, you'd be making your case.

you aren't, because you have no good reasons.

Jason Sudeikis Shrug GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

At least make an argument that makes sense. I mean when they opened college sports books it was a big deal. The Vegas trip was all about money had very little to do with recruiting vegas or the west coast etc. Atlanta is all about recruiting.
You do realize that you just restated what I said in my original post.

You have 2 data points for this type of game. Vegas and Atlanta. There is no clear rationale why they are scheduling these games except:

A payday is involved in both.
Only one has a recruiting angle.

With such little information one can only conclude that they are looking for the best game with the best payday. Recruiting is secondary. Can’t wait to see the 3rd data point.

You do realize that you just restated what I said in my original post.

You have 2 data points for this type of game. Vegas and Atlanta. There is no clear rationale why they are scheduling these games except:

A payday is involved in both.
Only one has a recruiting angle.

With such little information one can only conclude that they are looking for the best game with the best payday. Recruiting is secondary. Can’t wait to see the 3rd data point.
Yes but you had to ask. You asked not stated. Both reasons were clear. Sure I’m being critical but Jesus it’s been a rough stretch with a few posters. It’s always about money and/or recruiting. Vegas is getting to be a common destination for ncaa basketball.

Reactions: Moops
no, they didn't.

still waiting for those great reasons. or even good ones.

good luck with that.

i'm guessing if you guys had any good reasons, you'd be making your case.

you aren't, because you have no good reasons.

You should get your memory checked. You already asked and received several reasons and benefits 3 months ago in the thread below. Seriously, dementia is a horrible disease. You may want to get checked out.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
You should get your memory checked. You already asked and received several reasons and benefits 3 months ago in the thread below. Seriously, dementia is a horrible disease. You may want to get checked out.

still waiting for those good reasons.

haven't seen any so far, and you seem to have nothing.

"there are some fans in the area and some recruits in the area" is hardly a viable reason, could be said for any metro area, and seems to be all you got.

ridiculous.

• Haha

"there are some fans in the area and some recruits in the area" is hardly a viable reason, could be said for any metro area, and seems to be all you got.

ridiculous.

Why can't you just realize your opinion of the benefits is different from others and move on? You will never, ever in a million years, accept any reason.

ridiculous.
You're not accepting very valid reasons:

1. Major urban market in the East Coast that produces tons of talent.
2. Probably the single biggest market that we've gotten players from (a pipeline so to speak) over the years. Probably been better to us than Chicago, Baltimore/DC, Miami, NYC, etc....
3. 2 current players from the area in Newton and Banks and at least 1 current prospect (Newell), if not more.
4. Coaching staff is well-established in this market.
5. Large and established alumni base. We're playing at a neutral site, but I'll bet we'll outnumber Auburn fans 4:1.

How many more reasons do you need? You keep saying there are lots of better locales that would be preferable. What are they? Maybe NYC or DC, but ATL is up there and Auburn is a very good opponent that will help get us ready for tourney teams!

You're not accepting very valid reasons:

1. Major urban market in the East Coast that produces tons of talent.
2. Probably the single biggest market that we've gotten players from (a pipeline so to speak) over the years. Probably been better to us than Chicago, Baltimore/DC, Miami, NYC, etc....
3. 2 current players from the area in Newton and Banks and at least 1 current prospect (Newell), if not more.
4. Coaching staff is well-established in this market.
5. Large and established alumni base. We're playing at a neutral site, but I'll bet we'll outnumber Auburn fans 4:1.

How many more reasons do you need? You keep saying there are lots of better locales that would be preferable. What are they? Maybe NYC or DC, but ATL is up there and Auburn is a very good opponent that will help get us ready for tourney teams!

"How many more reasons do you need"?
--------------------------------------------------------------

still waiting for one decent reason, as those "pathetic excuses" are hardly credible reasons to move a game between IU and Auburn to Atlanta, and even you know that.

i don't recall IU wanting to move games to Atlanta when Joby Wright and Ed Daniels were on the team, and someone even suggesting so would have been laughed out of the room for good reason.

most teams often to usually have a couple players on the team from one region, but they don't offshore a game there because of it.

if this were a home and home with AU making a return trip to Btown that would be different, but to my knowledge that isn't the case.

beyond ridiculous.

again though, IU has upped it's social media puppets army since it sold off the PSU football game to DC.

absent some much much better reason than the pathetic crap you spewed as an excuse, no one other than an administration puppet would be backing this.

that said, i have a hard time believing even the administration is backing this, which begs the question, exactly who is.

Last edited:

still waiting for one decent reason, as those "pathetic excuses" are hardly credible reasons to move a game between IU and Auburn to Atlanta, and even you know that.

i don't recall IU wanting to move games to Atlanta when Joby Wright and Ed Daniels were on the team, and someone even suggesting so would have been laughed out of the room for good reason.

most teams often to usually have a couple players on the team from one region, but they don't offshore a game there because of it.

if this were a home and home with AU making a return trip to Btown that would be different, but to my knowledge that isn't the case.

beyond ridiculous.

again though, IU has upped it's social media puppets army since it sold off the PSU football game to DC.

absent some much much better reason than the pathetic crap you spewed as an excuse, no one other than an administration puppet would be backing this.

that said, i have a hard time believing even the administration is backing this, which begs the question, exactly who is.
You doof. You haven’t given any reason not to. So every other program that plays neutral sites are ignorant? We read you loud and clear. The reasons given aren’t good enough. Give it a rest weirdo.

You doof. You haven’t given any reason not to. So every other program that plays neutral sites are ignorant? We read you loud and clear. The reasons given aren’t good enough. Give it a rest weirdo.

we now need to express reasons NOT to sell off our games??????????

WTF??????????

by this, i'll assume you're in favor off selling all major games absent some reason not to, that actually has to be explained.

and in case no one has noticed, we're selling off almost ALL the major non conf games not scheduled by the league, not some one off on a rare occasion for a legit reason.

then sticking the season ticket holders with paying premium price plus strong armed donations for IU vs Podunk State 10 times over.

and as i've brought up before, why would anyone ever assume the IU Corporation is looking at it's own university student body and hospital/healthcare patients with any different totally perverted agenda and goal $$$$$$$$$$ than with it's own fan base.

as for trusting those pulling this sht, these are the same greedy self centered idiot traitors who are literally ruining college athletics as we speak, that they themselves did absolutely nothing to build, and blowing up all the conferences, not to make anything better for any of the universities, or their students, the alums, their fans, their faculty, but merely and solely to channel a few more million each to the less than 1% sitting in the athletic C-Suites, while totally doing everyone else up their backside.

as for who is to blame for this total and complete wholesale failure of leadership beyond belief, we have to look directly at the governors' mansions who take none of the blame or flack themselves, ever, for anything related to the subject, but as effectively the dictators over most all state universities, should be taking a lot of heat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
This will just keep on going with him. He's got nothing better to do than argue, so he'll ignore any valid reasons and claim to still be waiting. If you're really lucky, it will devolve into him calling you a "liar" or a "lying liar". That's when you know he's either off his meds or had a bad reaction to an adjustment in dosage.

Reactions: kkott

beyond ridiculous.

You're literally citing players from 50+ years ago, and think that's somehow relevant today? 50 years ago no one used a cell phone or the internet, either, should we also ignore those? And, UNC has been well known for eternity of making sure to play games in or near the players home towns, so yes, there is even a well-known precedent for that, and that was as a thank you, lacking the additional reasons of playing a strong OOC opponent who resembles what a good tourney team might look like, and promoting our program in a regional market that has been very good to our program over the years.

So basically it boils down to: "I have season tickets and don't want us to play good teams anywhere but Assembly Hall"? Neutral site games have been a part of the equation of successful programs for many years, and this is a good opponent and market for us to play in. Enjoy 1970!

You're literally citing players from 50+ years ago, and think that's somehow relevant today? 50 years ago no one used a cell phone or the internet, either, should we also ignore those? And, UNC has been well known for eternity of making sure to play games in or near the players home towns, so yes, there is even a well-known precedent for that, and that was as a thank you, lacking the additional reasons of playing a strong OOC opponent who resembles what a good tourney team might look like, and promoting our program in a regional market that has been very good to our program over the years.

So basically it boils down to: "I have season tickets and don't want us to play good teams anywhere but Assembly Hall"? Neutral site games have been a part of the equation of successful programs for many years, and this is a good opponent and market for us to play in. Enjoy 1970!
He would love UK schedule. 👁️ roll.

He would love UK schedule. 👁️ roll.
It's dumb, and he refuses to acknowledge that his gripe is being butt hurt over a good game away from campus. I want good games on campus and home and homes too, but it also makes sense to include neutral site games against good OOC opponents, you know, like you might play in the tournament? Hope he doesn't have another meltdown when he finds out our tourney games won't be at home either!

Last edited:
It's dumb, and he refuses to acknowledge that his gripe is being butt hurt over a good game away from campus. I want good games on campus and home and homes too, but it also makes sense to include neutral site games against good OOC opponents, you know, like you might play in the tournament? Hope he doesn't have another meltdown when he finds out our tourney games won't be at home either!
I understand the general sentiment of wanting big time games in The Hall. There isn't a better, more electric atmosphere in all of college bball than a huge home game at Assembly Hall. UNC and Purdue last year were those games. This upcoming year it'll be Kansas and Purdue. I don't know who the big time opponent will be in 24-25, other than Purdue, but I bet they get one.

We have nearly ALWAYS tried to have marquee pre conf Assembly Hall games. The Big Ten/ACC tourney provided those games every other year for a long time, so it was easier. When that contract was coming to an end, IU and Kansas entered in to a home and home agreement. IU very openly wanted/wants a Kentucky home and home. But scheduling high major home and homes is very difficult. Its more likely than not that Auburn coming to Bloomington was never a consideration on their end. And at this point, what major program could Dolson and/or Woody call up, that would just agree to come to Bloomington, this year, with school starting in less than a month? The answer is most likely zero.

"Hey Mark Few...Yeah, I know you have a stacked schedule already. Just do me a solid and sandwich a trip in to one of the most difficult places to play in America."

Lahaina, Alaska, NYC, New Orleans, Springfield Mass, just a few of the neutral site locations I recall during Coach Knight’s years.

Play anyone, anywhere.

I understand the general sentiment of wanting big time games in The Hall. There isn't a better, more electric atmosphere in all of college bball than a huge home game at Assembly Hall. UNC and Purdue last year were those games. This upcoming year it'll be Kansas and Purdue. I don't know who the big time opponent will be in 24-25, other than Purdue, but I bet they get one.

We have nearly ALWAYS tried to have marquee pre conf Assembly Hall games. The Big Ten/ACC tourney provided those games every other year for a long time, so it was easier. When that contract was coming to an end, IU and Kansas entered in to a home and home agreement. IU very openly wanted/wants a Kentucky home and home. But scheduling high major home and homes is very difficult. Its more likely than not that Auburn coming to Bloomington was never a consideration on their end. And at this point, what major program could Dolson and/or Woody call up, that would just agree to come to Bloomington, this year, with school starting in less than a month? The answer is most likely zero.

"Hey Mark Few...Yeah, I know you have a stacked schedule already. Just do me a solid and sandwich a trip in to one of the most difficult places to play in America."
Yep, those neutral site games vs a good opponent are much easier to schedule and drop in to a schedule on fairly short notice. Negotiating home and homes vs a quality opponent usually is a much harder endeavor. KU is a great one and why I was impressed that KU and UNC made it happen.

If you're giving credit to PU coming to Btown, count MSU too. Generally only ranked a spot or two behind PU and who I think will ultimately win the conference this year.

Yep, those neutral site games vs a good opponent are much easier to schedule and drop in to a schedule on fairly short notice. Negotiating home and homes vs a quality opponent usually is a much harder endeavor. KU is a great one and why I was impressed that KU and UNC made it happen.

If you're giving credit to PU coming to Btown, count MSU too. Generally only ranked a spot or two behind PU and who I think will ultimately win the conference this year.
Oh there are a few other big B10 games...I was just referring to the special games where students wait outside for hours, and the electricity in the building literally feels like its buzzing. MSU could end up being that way too, especially if we're both having a good year. But Purdue is virtually guaranteed to be that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT