ADVERTISEMENT

Kick A Field Goal!!!

Kelly_32

All-Big Ten
Dec 12, 2004
Wilson's refusal to kick a field goal on two different occasions beat us today.

I've always been a Wilson supporter but I am so tired of this.

Our team deserved to win today.

Can we give Tom Allen a raise mid-season?

Yes on raise. Allen doing fabulous job.

It can be hard to follow Wilson logic at times. Burning TO in 3rd quarter was a killer too.

Still a believer, team is getting there!

Oakes isnt automatic this year and im not sure they fully trust him.

Nebraska got the lucky breaks from the tip pass that became a reception, defenders knocking each off the receiver, some beneficial spots.

Without the pick 6 which was on the receiver we would have over came all those things listed above.

BTW there is a reason Fant is a DB he couldnt catch a cold

Reactions: DANC
Agreed on Tom Allen. At this point I'm not sure he wouldn't be a good head coach.

But if you've watched this season, Oakes isn't money and nursing a Quad injury. All the bad play calling today, not kicking field goals isn't apart that.

His game management is still below average and having to waste a timeout early in the second half hurt us on that last possession.

His game management is still below average and having to waste a timeout early in the second half hurt us on that last possession.
That time out was because of the refs. IU had a play ran and the refs waved it off. This got then out of rhythm. The time out was needed to get a new player called.

That time out was because of the refs. IU had a play ran and the refs waved it off. This got then out of rhythm. The time out was needed to get a new player called.
The time out was because Wilson lost his composure after the penalty.

The time out was because Wilson lost his composure after the penalty.
It technically wasn't a penalty. I believe they just threw the flag to stop our action. Wilson then got pissed because they only put 14 seconds on the game clock and they didn't realize it. When the camera zoomed in on him he appeared to yell to the line judge something abt 14 seconds. Kind of silly if you ask me to only put 14 seconds on the game clock after you stopped out hurry up offense.

His game management really hurts us. It's not just bad luck that we lose all these close plays. I definitely support him overall, but the game management decisions just make you shake your head.

I guess you could ignore that Oakes has a quad injury that is limiting him.

Reactions: 10yrProject
What drove me nuts was the announcer. First he told Kevin Wilson to punt the ball before going into half. His logic was basic and incredibly flawed. Then he wasn't sure why Nebraska was kicking an extra point after going back up 8 near the end of the game to make it a 9pt lead instead of going for 2 to make it a 10pt lead. He came back after commercial and corrected himself but wow. He is in the wrong profession.

****EDIT***** I think it was Brock Huard too. You would expect better situational knowledge there.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
On game day he is the offensive coordinator. He is too busy coming up with his two plays for every play to think big picture.

Could not kick it that far because of Lakes quad injury.

Wilson needs to start taking the frigging points from now on, especially in these close ballgames. I've always been baffled by his in game coaching decisions. He has been out coached numerous times in the six years he's been at iu.

I think when you're losing lots of close games, which he's done now for several seasons, fans will obviously pick apart your coaching.

My bitch from the Nebraska game was the play calling immediately following Tony Fields' interception. Go back and look at the play calling on that three and out by IU's offense, it's atrocious. It was a VERY critical three and out because IU could've taken control of the ball game with a TD, and actually taken the lead with a simple field goal because the score was 17-15, Nebraska.

I support KW but his overall coaching record at IU should be much better. He's lost so many non conference games his first three years against the likes of North Texas, Ball State, Navy, Bowling Green, jeezuz, I'm gonna puke. The guy needs to DELIVER this Saturday!!!!!!!#

Reactions: Monday QB
Oakes has/ had an injured quad. The FG was anything but as automatic as it seemed.

Del Grasso is still out pining over his girlfriend splitting "and" taking the dog with her (no doggy prenup or "prenip"). :-]

Oakes has/ had an injured quad. The FG was anything but as automatic as it seemed.

Del Grasso is still out pining over his girlfriend splitting "and" taking the dog with her (no doggy prenup or "prenip"). :-]
I don't know any details of anything like this....tell me this was tongue in cheek and I just missed it?

No, he got boozed up and had it out with his girlfriend over a dog, eventually getting locked up the same night.

I don't know any details of anything like this....tell me this was tongue in cheek and I just missed it?

Unfortunately it's quite real, although I have no knowledge of the length of his suspension.

I believe KW said in one of his last two video pressers that he "wasn't availiable for the NE game (which was why he had Oakes still doing Kick Offs).

The news story about Del Grasso went something like this: He and girlfriend split up, she takes dog from his apartment to her new digs while he's not home, he goes to her new digs and asks for "best friends" return, gets an very unfriendly, negative, response... , he proceeds to go home, or somewhere, and gets drunk and then returns to the ex's new digs to ask more "eloquently" for the pup to be returned. Amazingly, ;) his alcohol fueled, soliloquy did not melt her hardened titanium heart and instead of retrieving the misappropriated pup all he got was a "no expenses paid" rapid trip to the Bloomington PD holding cells...

Needless to say, neither Kevin or Fred were amused by, nor, understanding of, his difficult nights activities.

Hence we're down one (very good by the way) back up kicker and Oakes has no one to share the load with while he rehabs his quad... :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT