ADVERTISEMENT

Nice outtake here of a Coach Cig

Coach Cignett's wife loves Indiana, & CCC says he's happy here. As long as he continues to have the essentials, what more could he ask for?
Yeah, and he says he knows how quickly things can change and he’s not naive. Probably specifically having Dolson and Whitten in place, or that their potential replacements have the same vision.

Yeah, and he says he knows how quickly things can change and he’s not naive. Probably specifically having Dolson and Whitten in place, or that their potential replacements have the same vision.
Another POV on that remark from Coach Cignetti was more on how fleeting success can be in football. Things can turn on a dime. The Nebraska game is a must for our Hoosiers.

Another POV on that remark from Coach Cignetti was more on how fleeting success can be in football. Things can turn on a dime. The Nebraska game is a must for our Hoosiers.

Such a huge game. And sitting here considering the next 4 games.....Neb, Washington, MSU, and Michigan....the single game I'm most nervous about. Iowa really handled Washington on Saturday, and if we're unbeaten going into Michigan, I don't think we lose to a team without a QB. We could certainly lose to MSU if their QB went off. He's very talented, but has played like a moron all year to this point.

Such a huge game. And sitting here considering the next 4 games.....Neb, Washington, MSU, and Michigan....the single game I'm most nervous about. Iowa really handled Washington on Saturday, and if we're unbeaten going into Michigan, I don't think we lose to a team without a QB. We could certainly lose to MSU if their QB went off. He's very talented, but has played like a moron all year to this point.

And before any one says it....of course we could lose to any or all of those 4 teams. I just think the Nebraska game is our worst match-up.

I think the biggest home game for IU since '87 and '88 when we were looking at beating OSU and/or Michigan. I don't think I would pass over those games and go to '67, but if we somehow get past Neb, Washington, and MSU.......

I loved this one. I was very surprised to see my friend Pete Yonkman doing this. I did not even know he was into this sort of thing with everything else he has going on. And he did a remarkable job with it. Well done Pete!
Pete did a great job. Better interviewer than 90% of the podcasters out there, frankly. At least along the sports-oriented ones. He should honestly do more of them.

Nice to see Hoosier Connect replacing the Hysterics with the current player/coach interviews.
Miller is a huge value add to IU sports. And I thought his fill in did an incredible job. It would have been pretty awesome to see Miller interview him as well...I'm sure that'll come at some point in the future.

Couple things from this interview...

1. It was awesome.
2. It makes me feel quite a lot more comfortable that we won't see any sort of epic collapse down the stretch. People and organizations like what Cignetti are running, don't allow that level of failure. We likely won't win out, I still think CFP stuff is far fetched, but we also aren't gonna go 1-5 or anything like that, even though we're playing the more difficult half of our schedule.
3. Were his comments about "Scott and Pam", shots over the bow at the BOT? That was an incredibly interesting way for him to answer THAT particular question. Almost leads me to believe those 2 people aren't on solid footing, for whatever reason?
4. I think he has just the right amount of cockiness, nerdiness, and then hard ass ness, to thrive at Indiana, and in today's college football world. His answers regarding the portal, and NIL, were incredible.

I hope he, and his core staff, stick it out at IU for many years. Knowing we have a guy like that leading our program, deepens how much I love IU football.

Miller is a huge value add to IU sports. And I thought his fill in did an incredible job. It would have been pretty awesome to see Miller interview him as well...I'm sure that'll come at some point in the future.

Couple things from this interview...

1. It was awesome.
2. It makes me feel quite a lot more comfortable that we won't see any sort of epic collapse down the stretch. People and organizations like what Cignetti are running, don't allow that level of failure. We likely won't win out, I still think CFP stuff is far fetched, but we also aren't gonna go 1-5 or anything like that, even though we're playing the more difficult half of our schedule.
3. Were his comments about "Scott and Pam", shots over the bow at the BOT? That was an incredibly interesting way for him to answer THAT particular question. Almost leads me to believe those 2 people aren't on solid footing, for whatever reason?
4. I think he has just the right amount of cockiness, nerdiness, and then hard ass ness, to thrive at Indiana, and in today's college football world. His answers regarding the portal, and NIL, were incredible.

I hope he, and his core staff, stick it out at IU for many years. Knowing we have a guy like that leading our program, deepens how much I love IU football.
Re #3: Interesting point. Scott just signed a three year deal in May 2024 w/ a raise. He's safe. I know there has been some controversy around Pam, but who knows and I'm not interested in getting into such a touchy topic on this board.

Podcast with Hoosiers Connect. I’ll see if I can post the entire episode.

This is a great, not good, podcast. He's so much more comfortable speaking during the season when there are real topics to discuss.

He says something interesting about not talking to the team much because "every word matters." He went on to say that if you talk to much the team tunes you out. I couldn't help but compare that to Coach Allen who felt like he had to talk at all times and had was definitely tuned out by his last couple of teams.

That is not an issue - his contract provides incentives and automatic raises.
He wants to win and stay at IU. He said he has everything needed to be successful ( pay raise has nothing to do with being successful, it is a reward)
He did finish the answer with that. But he started with qualifications including how much he likes the dynamic with Scott and Pam as his leadership. Just seemed like an interesting thing to start out with, and him saying you can wake up and everything has changed... hmmmm???

By his own words he is a realist simply. I read nothing else being between the lines. Says his wife is happy in Bloomington. No doubt she is also happy because he is too.
We the IUFB fanbase are in tall cotton.

Reactions: red hornet and td75
I very briefly glanced at some recent articles regarding Pam Whitten. They are political in nature and I didn't nor do I care to do a deep dive.

Reading between the lines, Cignetti seems to really like Dolson and Whitten. I'll be plain and simple, if it's good with CCC, it's good with me and please don't fvck it up due to stale a$$ political positions.

Reactions: red hornet
Re #3: Interesting point. Scott just signed a three year deal in May 2024 w/ a raise. He's safe. I know there has been some controversy around Pam, but who knows and I'm not interested in getting into such a touchy topic on this board.
The professors conducted a vote of "No Confidence" against Pam earlier this year. She has made a lot of effort to change some things at IU that they do not like. I have 3 kids working for IU in various roles. They feel the same way about her. She does things that they feel are harmful to the university. There was also a lot of unhappiness with the way she handled the protests earlier in the year over the war in the Middle East. Many think the conservatives in the state legislature forced Pam into her role, on the BOT. Most are not happy with her but there may. not be much they can do about it. Interesting dynamic.

We need a softer touch-feely president so that we can get that sort of coach.

All we have now is a confident guy with integrity who enjoys teaching young people to work hard for what they want and become the best person they can be while doing it.

I can't see how that would work.

j/k, I'm sure just because he mentions the key people, doesn't mean he has problems with the rest of the university, or it's good values. I like Pam Whitten though. Seems on the ball with fine integrity as well.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT