ADVERTISEMENT

Keion’s decision date...

I agree about the tweet. The sad thing is he said when Romeo committed, that he should commit to Indiana, he’s an Indiana kid. But like others have said, I will not have ill feelings, he needs to do what is best for him. Personally I think that is helping his home state become a better team with him. The thing that is eye opening, those schools that stack their teams with OAD’s are not the teams winning the tournaments. Does anyone remember Cal’s white and blue platoons a few years ago?

I certainly don’t know if it’s true or not, but there’s been some talk that Keion will be attending the IU/Rutgers game. If this is true, it would be a
mighty good sign, right?
who talked about that? would be great if true

I’m really hoping to land him, but if he goes to Indiana, I understand. Dude is a stud

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd look at how players recruited by Calipari to Kentucky fared in reality vs the he "prepares them for the NBA better than anywhere else" myth:

RSCI / PLAYER / DRAFT / ROUND / PICK / DRAFT STATUS +/- (YRS at UK)

Un = Undrafted
Trnsfr = Transferred

64 Jon Hood Un 4 YR
52 Eric Bledsoe 2010 1 18 +34 OAD
T19 Daniel Orton 2010 1 29 -10 OAD
3 DeMarcus Cousins 2010 1 5 -2 OAD
2 John Wall 2010 1 1 +1 OAD
26 Doron Lamb 2012 2 42 -16 2 YR
11 Terrence Jones 2012 1 18 -7 2 YR
4 Brandon Knight 2011 1 8 -4 OAD
19 Kyle Wiltjer Trnsfr - Gonzaga / Un 2 YR
7 Marquis Teague 2012 1 29 -22 OAD
3 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 2012 1 2 +1 OAD
1 Anthony Davis 2012 1 1 No Change OAD
38 Willie Cauley-Stein 2015 1 6 +32 3 YR
10 Archie Goodwin 2013 1 29 -19 OAD
8 Alex Poythress Un 4 YR
1 Nerlens Noel 2013 1 6 -5 OAD
18 Marcus Lee Trnsfr - California / Un 3 YR
T9 Dakari Johnson 2015 2 48 -39 2 YR
9 James Young 2014 1 17 -8 OAD
6 Aaron Harrison Un 2 YR
5 Andrew Harrison 2015 2 44 -39 2 YR
2 Julius Randle 2014 1 7 -5 OAD
23 Devin Booker 2015 1 13 +10 OAD
18 Tyler Ulis 2016 2 34 -16 2 YR
12 Trey Lyles 2015 1 12 No Change OAD
5 Karl-Anthony Towns 2015 1 1 +4 OAD
71 Jamal Murray (Canada) 2016 1 7 +64 OAD
50 Charles Matthews Trnsfr - Michigan 1 YR
11 Isaiah Briscoe Un 2 YR
2 Skal Labissiere 2016 1 28 -26 OAD
T21 Sacha Killeya-Jones Trnsfr - NC State 2 YR
13 Wenyen Gabriel Un 2 YR
9 Malik Monk 2017 1 11 -2 OAD
8 Bam Adebayo 2017 1 14 -6 OAD
6 De'Aaron Fox 2017 1 5 +1 OAD
46 Hamidou Diallo 2018 2 45 +1 OAD 1/2
30 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2018 1 11 +19 OAD
23 Quade Green Trnsfr - Washington 1.5 YR
18 Nick Richards Still on Roster 2 YR
14 PJ Washington Still on Roster 2 YR
13 Jarred Vanderbilt 2018 2 41 -28 OAD
10 Kevin Knox 2018 1 9 +1 OAD

Outside of Eric Bledsoe (and his ranking likely tired to his poor academics) and Jamal Murray (from Canada and was ranked late in the process), Calipari hasn't really "improved" anyone. Furthermore, he's had several Top-10 RSCI recruits fall in value.

If Keion thinks going to UK will get him drafted higher, he may want to take a 2nd look here. There is NO evidence that Cal/UK "gets" players drafted. If a player is good enough, it will happen. It certainly could happen for Brooks in Bloomington.
What does IU’s look like, or Duke, or Mich St?
Cal has over 40 NBA players I think...hate the Cats and hate Cal...but he puts kids in the NBA more than anyone else.

Cal has over 40 NBA players I think...hate the Cats and hate Cal...but he puts kids in the NBA more than anyone else.

He does shit to get kids in the NBA. Romeo, for example, was playing on a team that lost 13 or so straight games, and guess what, he was always a top 10 pick. It makes didly that kids go to UK, it is "their" talent that gets them to the NBA, not slime ball Cal.

“He puts kids in the NBA more than anyone else.”

No, he gets kids that are good enough to get to the league from ANYWHERE.

He’s a great recruiter, has a fine sales pitch. But the myth that Calipari “prepares” players better to get them to the NBA is nonsense, without any evidence to support it. The data I provided indicated that.

He’s a really good coach. But he’s not some miracle-working genius some think he is.

But guys see ones like VJ King that go to schools and dont get premiered...and realize what UK has been able to do...
VJ King isn’t a good example. Kid is overrated so far. He wouldn’t have been any better at UK.

As I stated, I hope that Green graduates and transfers. I expect at least one transfer and I hope that it's Green. I think that Beverly being at the game shows us that CAM thinks Green might be leaving as well. I would not be super surprised if we have more than 1 transfer. Other than Green, I'm not rooting for anyone else to leave though.

Credited you as one of the more sensible posters hereabouts, from whence comes this rubbish? After three years of rounding off the hard edges and imperfections in his game, you want Devonte to take a hike just when he's becoming the Player many imagined he could be?! His line from the Illinois game was on par with Phinisee's and with another summer of practice and conditioning under his belt, he and Rob could represent one of the more effective and devastatingly efficient backcourts in the NCAA. Or do you imagine that Basset and/or Aljami can/will bring near as much to the Team?

DG has perhaps more potential upside than anyone on the Roster - last thing I want to see is him leave just when he's finally starting to shine.

I think highly of coaches in smaller conferences and power5 that get a ton of mileage out of their players than a Coach K,Self Calapari or Izzo whom overload their teams with 5 stars and most of the time still don't win the tourney. They don't make these players better prepared for NBA. These kids already had the talent. It's the other coaches who help get players less well-known into the NBA that I admire. I didn't mention Roy Williams because I feel he is the biggest cheat in college basketball. He is top 5 in that catagory next to Sutton,Self,Calapari and Sean Miller.

He does shit to get kids in the NBA. Romeo, for example, was playing on a team that lost 13 or so straight games, and guess what, he was always a top 10 pick. It makes didly that kids go to UK, it is "their" talent that gets them to the NBA, not slime ball Cal.
It could possibly be argued that "Kentucky" on one's college resume is considered more prestigious now, psychologically or otherwise, than today's "Indiana". I mean, it HAS been almost 20 years now.

Credited you as one of the more sensible posters hereabouts, from whence comes this rubbish? After three years of rounding off the hard edges and imperfections in his game, you want Devonte to take a hike just when he's becoming the Player many imagined he could be?! His line from the Illinois game was on par with Phinisee's and with another summer of practice and conditioning under his belt, he and Rob could represent one of the more effective and devastatingly efficient backcourts in the NCAA. Or do you imagine that Basset and/or Aljami can/will bring near as much to the Team?

DG has perhaps more potential upside than anyone on the Roster - last thing I want to see is him leave just when he's finally starting to shine.
I think Green is a great one to spell Phinisee a "blow" as needed. He seems to have settled down somewhat and is making better decisions. Plus, if he gets hot from deep....opposition beware!

Reactions: speroni
It could possibly be argued that "Kentucky" on one's college resume is considered more prestigious now, psychologically or otherwise, than today's "Indiana". I mean, it HAS been almost 20 years now.
""Kentucky" on one's college resume is considered more prestigious." The idea that having UK on a college resume being prestigious in any way is extremely funny! LOL!

Those kids where going regardless. The one and done rule actually hurts these kids.
What Cal and Ky really provide for a kid is a nice waystation to serve as a stopover on the way to the NBA. Calipari does know how to train these guys and make them better individually, that has always been his strength as a coach. They get to live in a luxury environment without the distractions of being a "real" college student. They get to play against the best possible competition outside "The League". They are treated like gods and compensated well. And 35 or so times a year they get to entertain 23 thousand rabid (and I mean that literally), inbred hillbillies in gravy-stained blue sweatshirts who live vicariously through UK basketball (the closest the vast majority of them will ever get to an actual college experience of any kind).

Short of immediate admission to the NBA, it's the most a kid who really doesn't want a college education could expect. It makes a mockery of the concept of student-athlete and the whole supposed mission of the NCAA, but let's be honest, the concept of student-athlete as it relates to Division I basketball was abandoned by the NCAA years ago.

What Cal and Ky really provide for a kid is a nice waystation to serve as a stopover on the way to the NBA. Calipari does know how to train these guys and make them better individually, that has always been his strength as a coach. They get to live in a luxury environment without the distractions of being a "real" college student. They get to play against the best possible competition outside "The League". They are treated like gods and compensated well. And 35 or so times a year they get to entertain 23 thousand rabid (and I mean that literally), inbred hillbillies in gravy-stained blue sweatshirts who live vicariously through UK basketball (the closest the vast majority of them will ever get to an actual college experience of any kind).

Short of immediate admission to the NBA, it's the most a kid who really doesn't want a college education could expect. It makes a mockery of the concept of student-athlete and the whole supposed mission of the NCAA, but let's be honest, the concept of student-athlete as it relates to Division I basketball was abandoned by the NCAA years ago.
Getting ready to be only 20,000. Rupp is getting renovated in the upper seating area.

""Kentucky" on one's college resume is considered more prestigious." The idea that having UK on a college resume being prestigious in any way is extremely funny! LOL!
....said no NBA talent scout, E-V-E-E-R-R-R-R, in my best Khardashian whiney little voice of no substance.

Where’s the verification?
There is no verification. As I said, I don’t know if the rumor out there is true or not. If he’s not at the Rutgers game, it certainly does not mean he’s not going to pick IU. But if he’s there, well that’s most interesting.

Anyone who uses the term “waystation” (it’s “weigh station”, Cletus) isn’t allowed to criticize any school’s academics, and anyone who types the gibberish you did doesn’t get to lecture about UK basketball. IU fans are as bad as their team. Maybe you will get near that college education that you claim UK players don’t get, but I doubt it. Good luck in the NIT.
lol ........... so typical.

Time to educate you, Cletus.

way sta·tion
/ˈwā ˌstāSHən/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
noun: waystation
  1. a stopping point on a journey.

vs ....

weigh sta·tion

noun
  1. a roadside station where commercial vehicles are required to stop and be inspected, thus protecting the road from travel by overweight or unsafe vehicles.

Care to admit how dumb you are?

Last edited:
Anyone who uses the term “waystation” (it’s “weigh station”, Cletus) isn’t allowed to criticize any school’s academics, and anyone who types the gibberish you did doesn’t get to lecture about UK basketball.
Sorry, Academic One of Wonder....

Way Station noun
Definition of way station
1 : a station set between principal stations on a line of travel (such as a railroad)
2 : an intermediate stopping place

I will give you credit for knowing it is two words, though. Oh, and we do understand the other station, the weigh stations truckers our forced to use periodically.

lol ........... so typical.

Time to educate you, Cletus.

way sta·tion
/ˈwā ˌstāSHən/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
noun: waystation
  1. a stopping point on a journey.
    "the hotel was a way station for all the aid workers who passed through the city"
    • a minor station on a railroad.

weigh sta·tion
noun
  1. a roadside station where commercial vehicles are required to stop and be inspected, thus protecting the road from travel by overweight or unsafe vehicles.

Care to admit how dumb you are?
Damn, you beat me by two minutes!

Anyone who uses the term “waystation” (it’s “weigh station”, Cletus) isn’t allowed to criticize any school’s academics, and anyone who types the gibberish you did doesn’t get to lecture about UK basketball. IU fans are as bad as their team. Maybe you will get near that college education that you claim UK players don’t get, but I doubt it. Good luck in the NIT.
My error is that "way station" is two words rather than one. So in the context I used it, Cletus, that is the correct verbiage. A "weigh station" is something altogether different you pompous douchebag. So in fact I did get something out of my IU degrees. You need to invest in a dictionary, fu#ktard. (No, that word won't be found there, but it's the most accurate description of you available).

The next time you call someone out in a battle of wits, make sure you don't show up with an empty holster. As for getting a college education, that one-and-a-half semesters Cal's boys actually spend on campus must be the ultimate crash course.

I would assume that you are a butt-hurt Kentucky fan, but the fact that you know the term "weigh station" is a dead giveaway that you aren't from the Commonwealth. So I will assume you are just another incarnation of Ordfan using yet another new username. Either way, you can retreat in shame.

Reactions: IULouie and T.M.P.
My error is that "way station" is two words rather than one. So in the context I used it, Cletus, that is the correct verbiage. A "weigh station" is something altogether different you pompous douchebag. So in fact I did get something out of my IU degrees. You need to invest in a dictionary, fu#ktard. (No, that word won't be found there, but it's the most accurate description of you available).

The next time you call someone out in a battle of wits, make sure you don't show up with an empty holster. As for getting a college education, that one-and-a-half semesters Cal's boys actually spend on campus must be the ultimate crash course.

I would assume that you are a butt-hurt Kentucky fan, but the fact that you know the term "weigh station" is a dead giveaway that you aren't from the Commonwealth. So I will assume you are just another incarnation of Ordfan using yet another new username. Either way, you can retreat in shame.

fwiw - one word and two word spellings are both acceptable.

Slink away! Slink away! ;)

Reactions: MrBing
fwiw - one word and two word spellings are both acceptable.
Damn, Man, you are good as better gets! That said, my grandfather had a dairy farm near Decatur, IN (halfway between Magley and Preble, off I-69's Markle exit). I'm sure he had a whey station somewhere in that utilitarian barn of his.

Reactions: oldcougar77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT