ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Alito

Turns out Mrs. Alito is a bit of a gangster.

Love how Sammy keeps throwing his wife under the bus. The latest is he asked her to take the flag down, she refused and, since they jointly own the property, she has "the legal right to use the property as she sees fit."

Like, "Hey Martha-Ann, I'm a sitting Supreme Court justice and this is a really bad look. Let's take it down" wouldn't have worked? What a crock of shit.

Chief Justice Roberts, who declined an invitation to meet with Senate Judiciary Committee members about the issue and whether Alito should recuse himself from the Trump case(s), once commented: "Judges and Justices are servants of the law, not the other way around. Judges are like umpires. Umpires don’t make the rules, they apply them." Interesting analogy. Something tells me, though, that if I went to a game and the guy calling balls and strikes was wearing the uniform of one of the teams, he wouldn't be behind the plate very long.

Reactions: cosmickid
You're questioning the US judicial system?

What if she had raised $90+ million for Republicans in this election?
Don't take lectures on respecting the state trial judge and verdict this week from people who:

1) Were yesterday attacking the legitimacy of the Supreme Court

2) Plan to vote for the people attacking the legitimacy of the Supreme Court

Love how Sammy keeps throwing his wife under the bus. The latest is he asked her to take the flag down, she refused and, since they jointly own the property, she has "the legal right to use the property as she sees fit."

Like, "Hey Martha-Ann, I'm a sitting Supreme Court justice and this is a really bad look. Let's take it down" wouldn't have worked? What a crock of shit.

Chief Justice Roberts, who declined an invitation to meet with Senate Judiciary Committee members about the issue and whether Alito should recuse himself from the Trump case(s), once commented: "Judges and Justices are servants of the law, not the other way around. Judges are like umpires. Umpires don’t make the rules, they apply them." Interesting analogy. Something tells me, though, that if I went to a game and the guy calling balls and strikes was wearing the uniform of one of the teams, he wouldn't be behind the plate very long.
No doubt you’ve been instructed to be outraged. You have none for some of the neighbors being hostile assholes? Why not?

This is another thing being wildly overblown.

Don't take lectures on respecting the state trial judge and verdict this week from people who:

1) Were yesterday attacking the legitimacy of the Supreme Court

2) Plan to vote for the people attacking the legitimacy of the Supreme Court
No shit

Reactions: stollcpa
No doubt you’ve been instructed to be outraged. You have none for some of the neighbors being hostile assholes? Why not?

Dumb. I'm not "instructed" to be anything.

Assholes all around. But none of the neighbors, to my knowledge, have a life-tenured appointment to one of the most powerful positions in the country.

Dumb. I'm not "instructed" to be anything.

Assholes all around. But none of the neighbors, to my knowledge, have a life-tenured appointment to one of the most powerful positions in the country.
The outrage is all over the moonbat sites and MSNBC. If you came to moonbat level outrage on your own, I apologize. Maybe you’re a leader among moonbats, so be proud if you are. 😊

Did you marry a woman who "knows her place" or are you the type of guy who thinks she doesn't need a watch because there's a clock on the stove?

I find your comment to be incredibly sexist. It's like you think she should be absolutely subservient to her husband.

That’s right. They didn’t say shit when the protesters at universities took down an American flag and threw it on the ground and put up a Palestinian flag and chanted burn America burn.
Let’s be clear here. Flying the flag upside down isn’t admirable no matter why it was done short of as a true distress signal. However, it in no way is proof that the Alitos are MAGA or that Justice Alito should recuse himself from any cases. I say this as a guy that thinks Trump’s immunity case should (and probably will) be unanimous against him.

Reactions: Cortez88

23 grand jurors voted to indict Trump in New York. 12 jurors, selected by both the prosecution and defense, found him guilty at trial. The jury - - not Judge Merchan - - found him guilty.

If you believe the instructions were erroneous, what specifically was flawed and why?

You're trashing the process and the outcome without having the slightest idea what you're talking about.

23 grand jurors voted to indict Trump in New York. 12 jurors, selected by both the prosecution and defense, found him guilty at trial. The jury - - not Judge Merchan - - found him guilty.

If you believe the instructions were erroneous, what specifically was flawed and why?

You're trashing the process and the outcome without having the slightest idea what you're talking about.
I do think it’s hard to ever get 12 people to agree on anything, especially something this politically charged. I can’t believe a couple on the jury didn’t vote for Trump at least once. I choose to believe the judicial system got this right and he’s guilty AF

I do think it’s hard to ever get 12 people to agree on anything, especially something this politically charged. I can’t believe a couple on the jury didn’t vote for Trump at least once. I choose to believe the judicial system got this right and he’s guilty AF
Yeah that’s wrong. If it was right it wouldn’t be overturned on appeal. Which it will be.

Trump got 5% of the vote in that district. It’s likely only 1 or none of the jurors voted for him,

Please don’t make stuff up.

GO3-Ht4aAAEYLCW.png

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yeah that’s wrong. If it was right it wouldn’t be overturned on appeal. Which it will be.

Trump got 5% of the vote in that district. It’s likely only 1 or none of the jurors voted for him,

You're one of those people afflicted with the inability to know the difference between opinions and facts.

Perhaps. Maybe. But for now, we get to see how the delay delay delay game gets played in a different direction.
So even that one Trump voter (perhaps the one who said he got his news from Truth Social) voted to convict on all counts.
Cursed didn't make anything up. He presented a reasoned opinion, nothing more.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Perhaps. Maybe. But for now, we get to see how the delay delay delay game gets played in a different direction.

So even that one Trump voter (perhaps the one who said he got his news from Truth Social) voted to convict on all counts.

Cursed didn't make anything up. He presented a reasoned opinion, nothing more.
I have my moments rarely

Like Ginni Thomas contributing over $2500 to MAGA candidates, attending Trump's insurrection speech and Trump's son's wife Lara being in charge of the RNC and all their fundraising efforts?

Probably depends on whose account you believe.

Sounds like Alitos used their security detail (parked in front of their house) to harass a neighbor for putting up anti-conservative yard signs and then it escalated from there.

When Alito was found flying Jan 6 supporting flags at 2 separate locations, I don't really believe his excuse that the upside down flag was just his wife's fight with the neighbors.

Probably depends on whose account you believe.

Sounds like Alitos used their security detail (parked in front of their house) to harass a neighbor for putting up anti-conservative yard signs and then it escalated from there.

When Alito was found flying Jan 6 supporting flags at 2 separate locations, I don't really believe his excuse that the upside down flag was just his wife's fight with the neighbors.
Not at all. You have to read the minds of the Alitos to know if they’re being honest or not. I’ll be flying that Appeal to Heaven flag after it’s delivered. It has connections to our first Navy. You going to say I’m a J6 mob supporter if you see it?

Reactions: DANC
I have no reason to not believe Alito’s explanation. Neither do you if you’re being objective.
I was with you until I saw his neighbors interviewed.

They were completely certain that the dispute with Mrs. Alito occurred multiple weeks after the flag was flown upside down.

So... somebody is lying.

I was with you until I saw his neighbors interviewed.

They were completely certain that the dispute with Mrs. Alito occurred multiple weeks after the flag was flown upside down.

So... somebody is lying.
Flying the flag upside down was dumb and shouldn’t have been done. That’s the extent of my opinion and care about this silly issue.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Not at all. You have to read the minds of the Alitos to know if they’re being honest or not. I’ll be flying that Appeal to Heaven flag after it’s delivered. It has connections to our first Navy. You going to say I’m a J6 mob supporter if you see it?

If you flew 2 different flags associated with J6 supporters at 2 different locations (one not anywhere near those neighbors) and tried to blame it on your spouse having a fight with your neighbors...no, I wouldn't believe you.

Like Ginni Thomas contributing over $2500 to MAGA candidates, attending Trump's insurrection speech and Trump's son's wife Lara being in charge of the RNC and all their fundraising efforts?
Well it turns out Alito lied about the timeline, since the flag was photographed flying a month previous to the (police report) corraborated "incident" that he cited as the impetus to raise the flag...

Classy. She used glitter.

Proof that there are morons on both sides. That's just as stupid as the **** Joe Biden signs. I don't want either of them in my neighborhood.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Huh - I could have sworn you criticized her for that.

And, I mean, $2500 is SO much more helpful than $100 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT