ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth is a great Holiday.

Sure it is. Just read Goat’s post.

It is “their” celebration. Whose? “Theirs.”

The message from the board’s leading liberal is “Juneteenth is just another opportunity to divide the nation by race. The end of slavery has no national meaning. It is “their” day.”

“Blacks didn’t fight for the Union. The efforts of white abolitionists were meaningless. Whiteness is the problem. The end of slavery contains nothing to unite us. Move along. Nothing to see here.”

Now wouldn’t that make you wanna puke?

The United States SHOULD celebrate the end of slavery. But “we” don’t. “They” do.

Or maybe Goat was just taking a shot at a Republican poster - attacking the messenger as usual?
Enough straw men in that post to field a soccer team.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Sure it is. Just read Goat’s post.

It is “their” celebration. Whose? “Theirs.”

The message from the board’s leading liberal is “Juneteenth is just another opportunity to divide the nation by race. The end of slavery has no national meaning. It is “their” day.”

“Blacks didn’t fight for the Union. The efforts of white abolitionists were meaningless. Whiteness is the problem. The end of slavery contains nothing to unite us. Move along. Nothing to see here.”

Now wouldn’t that make you wanna puke?

The United States SHOULD celebrate the end of slavery. But “we” don’t. “They” do.

Or maybe Goat was just taking a shot at a Republican poster - attacking the messenger as usual?
Good lord dude, I would hope you'd be beyond this stupid "There's no celebration for white people" foolishness. It's like the moron who complains about there being a Black Miss America pageant, and literally doesn't realize that the reason the Black Miss America pageant was started was because Blacks weren't allowed to compete in the Miss America pageant until 1971, my soph year in high school.

I don't think it was the organizers of the Black pageant that "divided the nation by race". This country has been around for nearly 300 years, and for most of those years 12 months of every calendar year were dedicated to white straight Christian men. Do the math, that's a hell of a lot of months celebrating white straight men. So how in the world can any self respecting white straight man complain about anyone else being allowed to celebrate their history, and do it with a straight face?

If inclusion scares you then you don't want or believe in equality. Why shouldn't gay people,or Black people, or atheists or members of non-Christian religions be able to celebrate their customs and history? The people complaining about that in this thread don't want equality, they want their own definition of equality in which they are normal and the arbiters of that standard and everyone else is an other. Grown men complaining about a holiday celebrating the official end of slavery in the entire country, not just the people freed in the North by the EP.

No wonder the MAGA theme resonates with racists and white supremacists. They don't want diversity, inclusion or equality, they want to be back in control. I mean seriously, what kind of pathetic little weenie gets triggered because a rocking chair is painted to resemble a rainbow?

Charlie Kirk feels the purpose of Juneteenth is to subvert the 4th of July. Seriously,as stupid as it sounds, that's exactly what he said...

Good lord dude, I would hope you'd be beyond this stupid "There's no celebration for white people" foolishness. It's like the moron who complains about there being a Black Miss America pageant, and literally doesn't realize that the reason the Black Miss America pageant was started was because Blacks weren't allowed to compete in the Miss America pageant until 1971, my soph year in high school.

I don't think it was the organizers of the Black pageant that "divided the nation by race". This country has been around for nearly 300 years, and for most of those years 12 months of every calendar year were dedicated to white straight Christian men. Do the math, that's a hell of a lot of months celebrating white straight men. So how in the world can any self respecting white straight man complain about anyone else being allowed to celebrate their history, and do it with a straight face?

If inclusion scares you then you don't want or believe in equality. Why shouldn't gay people,or Black people, or atheists or members of non-Christian religions be able to celebrate their customs and history? The people complaining about that in this thread don't want equality, they want their own definition of equality in which they are normal and the arbiters of that standard and everyone else is an other. Grown men complaining about a holiday celebrating the official end of slavery in the entire country, not just the people freed in the North by the EP.

No wonder the MAGA theme resonates with racists and white supremacists. They don't want diversity, inclusion or equality, they want to be back in control. I mean seriously, what kind of pathetic little weenie gets triggered because a rocking chair is painted to resemble a rainbow?

Charlie Kirk feels the purpose of Juneteenth is to subvert the 4th of July. Seriously,as stupid as it sounds, that's exactly what he said...

Explain that to a kid who is 14 today. Born in 2011. Good luck that is a lot of history. The division is the problem.

Reactions: DANC
I'm lucky to not truly understand, but I still kind of get it.

a0db29bc-2800-44ec-aae2-93c2500945d1_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT