ADVERTISEMENT

JMU Portal Tracker

So? When looking at prop athletes, how many of them actually stay with one team their whole career? They get traded, are free agents, dropped and picked up by various teams for which they fill a need. College sports are not what they once were.
The question was asked if you could only use the portal once. I answered with an example where someone has transferred - or will transfer - 3 times. I'm not defending anything or knocking anyone.

Calm down.

Not portal

But former JMU recruit QB Mendoza had a big rushing day in the state title game.

AOL - Palm Beach Post - Mendoza

The championship game kicked off a busy few days for Mendoza, who is taking an official visit to Indiana this weekend. Mendoza had been committed to James Madison, but decommitted when coach Curt Cignetti was hired by the Hoosiers.

Mendoza said he’s down to two schools: Indiana and FAU. He had an in-home visit with the Owls this week. Mendoza added that he might not sign until February.

“It’s about seeing Indiana,” Mendoza said of his visit. “I love the coaching staff. I have full trust in the coaching staff. It’s about seeing Indiana.”

11 guys in the portal plus the OL from the other thread.

There are a couple guys on their list I would not mind taking.

Aiden Fisher and Jailen Walker at linebacker and Mika'll Kamara on the d-line would be good players to add to our rotation, IMO.

There are a couple guys on their list I would not mind taking.

Aiden Fisher and Jailen Walker at linebacker and Mika'll Kamara on the d-line would be good players to add to our rotation, IMO.

I like these guys:
On Defense- A. Fisher LB; M.Kamara DE; J Carpenter DT;
On Offense- Z. Horton TE; C.Miller C; T.Stephens T/G;

Wouldn't mind seeing all of them show up here...

Their Long Snapper as an NIL enticed preferred walk-on might be a nice fit too...

Last edited:
I just read that a few of the JMU players listed in this link will not be playing in their bowl game. Perhaps a sign they will be entering the transfer portal and on their way here??

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
I would have to think the coaching staff is counting on some of the JMU players coming to IU. However I wonder maybe CCC, out of respect to JMU is not going to recruit them?

The top 3-4-5 JMU overachieving players will definitely be recruited by Cignetti and staff. He'll leave no card unturned to earn incentives on his contract. Just as we all would do.
Idk...I'm not sure I would do that. Seems like there are plenty of fish in the sea without having to snake the program that got you to the next level. Maybe I'm old school or just enjoy being permanently revered by my past employers, acquaintances, and friends?

I was reared in that mold also. But he certainly knows his hill is steeper to climb in B1G/Bloomington. The handful of valued players he can relocate from JMU would be a fair sized help transitioning IU to Cignetti ball.

Idk...I'm not sure I would do that. Seems like there are plenty of fish in the sea without having to snake the program that got you to the next level. Maybe I'm old school or just enjoy being permanently revered by my past employers, acquaintances, and friends?
Several of those guys appear to be moving on anyway whether we pick them up or not... Personally, I'd like to see what their Defensive guys can do at this level by simply playing together as a real TEAM and understanding and anticipating what their teammates are going to do... Their DT, DE and Linebackers are all guys I'd take a chance on if they're near the top of the best available (to us) in the Portal...

I've seen that the likes of Pitt, AZ, Cinci, and others have floated offers to several of those guys... If they're leaving anyway, I'd like to see what they can do together here...

Same thing with their C, G/T and other two T/G types... If they're healthy they seem like they be worth taking a chance on...

Aside from one or two of them most of those guys are upperclassmen who'll be graduating in a year anyway... I'd let Chesney focus on building his own team and not worry about how well I left the cupboard stocked for him... It's clearly the nature of the beast that guys often move on when a coach moves on these days...

I would have to think the coaching staff is counting on some of the JMU players coming to IU. However I wonder maybe CCC, out of respect to JMU is not going to recruit them?
The new JMU coach is rumored to be bringing up to 6 players down (almost certainly his QB) from Holy Cross (and that is just a rumor)... I wouldn't worry about respecting JMU if I were our HC...

I'd be more concerned about whether our Coach can get a bunch of middleweights and light heavyweights ready to fight nearly full time in the heavyweight division...

My bet is he can as long as he's able to rotate them intelligently...

Last edited:
The game has changed since the old days....

The new JMU coach is rumored to be bringing up to 6 players down (almost certainly his QB) from Holy Cross (and that is just a rumor)... I wouldn't worry about respecting JMU if I were our HC...

I'd be more concerned about whether our Coach can get a bunch of middleweights and light heavyweights ready to fight nearly full time in the heavyweight division...

My bet is he can as long as he's able to rotate them intelligently...

We need serious linemen out of the portal, spend all your NIL money there it will pay dividends for years. Get a name as a school who builds linemen and bowl games will follow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT