ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Candle (HC Toledo) - thoughts?

Rich Rodriquez HC at Jacksonville State would make a great candidate. JSU smacked Eastern Michigan this year. His teams are exciting including winning a couple of games in the closing minutes unlike our departed HC who would give victory away in the closing minutes. He has had experience at Michigan and other places with success.

Good coach. The upside is he's an offensive coach has already has a very good proven defensive coordinator in Vince Koehres who should have taken a bigger job by now. The downside is Toledo is the easiest place to win at in the MAC. They usually have among the best talent. Still he did well once Koehres solidified his defense three years ago.
Toledo is, in terms of history and facilities and recruiting, the pinnacle of the MAC. At IU Candle would face a task similar to what his predecessor at Toledo Matt Campbell faced at Iowa State.

Long shot but make Kalen D say no. Next, go after Willie Fritz from Tulane . . . after all, IU football has been on the fritz for years now anyway. Seriously, Fritz may not have coaching experience at power 5 but it seems everywhere he's been his teams have been near the top of their conference. I believe Tulane upset USC in the Cotton Bowl.

No thanks. He's 62 so I don't see him having enough runway left for an IU turnaround
Great coach who, ironically, once coached at at Indiana University.—of Pennsylvania.

IIRC the Tulane coach is 61 or 62, and Patterson is older than either of them.

Long shot but make Kalen D say no. Next, go after Willie Fritz from Tulane . . . after all, IU football has been on the fritz for years now anyway. Seriously, Fritz may not have coaching experience at power 5 but it seems everywhere he's been his teams have been near the top of their conference. I believe Tulane upset USC in the Cotton Bowl.
Make him a Stevens offer. He won't have MP next year. He might listen.

Make him a Stevens offer. He won't have MP next year. He might listen.
Hard pass. Their defense is worse than ours.

They'll quickly fall back to earth: 1) after Penix is gone; and 2) they've got the rigors of a Big Ten schedule week in and week out.

DeBoer has won everywhere he's been. Did he always outscore everyone?

If so, Oh NO! In the Big Ten he has to outscore teams like... Iowa.

Reactions: ESalum86
Toledo is, in terms of history and facilities and recruiting, the pinnacle of the MAC. At IU Candle would face a task similar to what his predecessor at Toledo Matt Campbell faced at Iowa State.
Campbell is intriguing. Why wouldn't he be a candidate?

Reactions: midwolfe
DeBoer has won everywhere he's been. Did he always outscore everyone?

If so, Oh NO! In the Big Ten he has to outscore teams like... Iowa.
Ha ha, yeah, the Big 10 doesn't necessarily scream high-powered offense . I don't think a Penix-less Washington will be too worried about next season. The only teams that should be worried next year are every team from the soon-to-be former West division (as their fraudulent, cushy existence the past ten years will be taken away) and...Indiana.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Deboer should be able to recruit the best quarterbacks the West Coast has to offer. That alone should guarantee a fair level of success at UW.
Yeah weird flex on Deboar. Washington has everything needed to compete in the B1G. I mean is the B1G any better or that much better than the PAC12 has been? If Penix wins the heisman kids notice.

If we go MAC, and I’d really prefer we go Group of 5 if we’re looking for up and comers, as it’s less of a jump, but I’d prefer Candle to Creighton. The record is simply stronger, and there is simply some juju in that water at Mount Union that I wouldn’t mind IU having a taste of.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT