ADVERTISEMENT

Jakai Newton called Dakich a clown

An hour ago 2023 IU commit Jakai Newton called Dan a clown on Twitter over Danny boys take on fatigue affecting the Hoosiers. I don’t know where Woodson found this kid, but I will have a new favorite IU player the minute he steps on campus! Go IU! F**k Dan!
Wow...good for him. Someone told me X called him out as well...cannot confirm.

Reactions: 76-1
The new generation of IU fans thinks we should throw a party because IU made the tournament.

The old school thinks getting 30 pieced by an ok St Mary’s team is disgraceful.

So, does IU want to be Iowa or Duke? Only time will tell.

Dakich acts like an idiot for views. I don’t believe his take is entirely wrong.

This years team was massive front runners. Playing the victim card for 5 games in 7 days, while in reality they should accept responsibility for getting suspended at Northwestern and blowing almost every late game situation therefore finishing 9th in a conference named the Big Ten.

It’s not coincidence that X is the Twitter all-star and Miller Kopp loves tic-toc. Anyone see a connection here? Now we’re patting a junior in high school on the back for going at a goofy radio guy?

I don’t even know you folks anymore.

DD is an ignorant POS.
The new generation of IU fans thinks we should throw a party because IU made the tournament.

Dakich acts like an idiot for views. I don’t believe his take is entirely wrong.

This years team was massive front runners. Playing the victim card for 5 games in 7 days, while in reality they should accept responsibility for getting suspended at Northwestern and blowing almost every late game situation therefore finishing 9th in a conference named the Big Ten.

It’s not coincidence that X is the Twitter all-star and Miller Kopp loves tic-toc. Anyone see a connection here? Now we’re patting a junior in high school on the back for going at a goofy radio guy?

You look just as foolish as the "goofy radio guy".

An hour ago 2023 IU commit Jakai Newton called Dan a clown on Twitter over Danny boys take on fatigue affecting the Hoosiers. I don’t know where Woodson found this kid, but I will have a new favorite IU player the minute he steps on campus! Go IU! F**k Dan!
I got to be honest. I didn't see Dan's comment. But when I watched the Notre Dame game I thought,"They had to play the extra game too. Why are they looking so good?"

I agree with everything but might take some issue with the first sentence.
Woody had to build a foundation. There were some problems mixing the mortar but I hope it is solid. The program has sucked since Knight…if we even had one.

I'm about as old as old-generation gets when it comes to Indiana basketball. A fan for 50 years, a double-alum, a consistent giver to the Varsity Club and a supporter of all things IU (even Dakich back in the day when he represented the university positively.)

And this "old-generation" fan thinks Dakich's take is absurd and the kids are totally right. No one is happy about losing by 30, but it is foolish and absurd to ignore the realities of fatigue and the effects of cross-country travel.

The last two weeks of the season were very positive for Indiana basketball and Indiana University. The last game was a negative...as it is for every team but one in college basketball.

No I actually don’t see a connection in how a player does on the basketball court and if they are involved with social media.

X will be the leader on this team next year. Next time DD is in the hall I’m gonna make it a point to go tell him he’s an asshat.

IU wants to be Duke. Can we someday become a top 5 program again? “time will tell”. If I was a betting man I’d be fading it.

in the meantime if we could become an Iowa it would be a monstrous upgrade as a program. Obviously it would never be the ultimate goal , but whether or not we can ever become elite again, it would be a step forward.

Reactions: bub-rub

Kids aren't allowed to have fun when they aren't playing basketball, which is a game and is suppose to be be fun, by the way.

Get off my lawn.

his self to start.
Good job.
We both want this program to be successful.
Woody will need a leader…is that going to be someone that willingly broke team rules and therefore was ineligible?
It was either he or Stewart that was the ring leader of that fiasco. You say Stewart represents the University better than any other player. That leaves you with X.

I'm about as old as old-generation gets when it comes to Indiana basketball. A fan for 50 years, a double-alum, a consistent giver to the Varsity Club and a supporter of all things IU (even Dakich back in the day when he represented the university positively.)

And this "old-generation" fan thinks Dakich's take is absurd and the kids are totally right. No one is happy about losing by 30, but it is foolish and absurd to ignore the realities of fatigue and the effects of cross-country travel.

The last two weeks of the season were very positive for Indiana basketball and Indiana University. The last game was a negative...as it is for every team but one in college basketball.
Couldn't AGREE more. In my 8th decade. Fan since the 50's. Fatigue was the broken rung on the ladder. The blow that did the boys in physically and especially mentally was the hours long wait for the 2nd plane. NCAA amateur hour late night showing was as much BS as can be held on a #14 aluminum scoop shovel. Somebody's job at the NCAA should be removed from them. IU still may not have won that game but at least they wouldn't have had to run up hill to lose it. Infantile!

Good job.
We both want this program to be successful.
Woody will need a leader…is that going to be someone that willingly broke team rules and therefore was ineligible?
It was either he or Stewart that was the ring leader of that fiasco. You say Stewart represents the University better than any other player. That leaves you with X.
Why make up shit in your head? You have 0 idea what happened. Yet you just made a statement that X or Parker was the ringleader of something, that you have no idea about. That is pretty stupid don't you think?

Do you make up conclusions in life in other areas? Do you tell your boss hey we didn't make the budget because Donny and Ray didn't try at all in sales. Your boss says Donny and Ray live 2000 miles away from you and the only interaction you ever had was one zoom call. You say, well I read about them on the internet....

Fired.

Why make up shit in your head? You have 0 idea what happened. Yet you just made a statement that X or Parker was the ringleader of something, that you have no idea about. That is pretty stupid don't you think?

Do you make up conclusions in life in other areas? Do you tell your boss hey we didn't make the budget because Donny and Ray didn't try at all in sales. Your boss says Donny and Ray live 2000 miles away from you and the only interaction you ever had was one zoom call. You say, well I read about them on the internet....

Fired.
So this supposed leader is going to take the advice of a freshman like Bates or Lander?

Reactions: smitty3725

Fired.
X cannot be the leader of this team. Kid has talent but he makes terrible decisions on the court.

Bro, what the hell are you talking about. You have no idea what happened in NW. NONE
Sure I do…5 players were suspended.
One of them is going to be the leader of the team next year according to you.
I’m asking if this is the type of leadership Woody is looking for?

X cannot be the leader of this team. Kid has talent but he makes terrible decisions on the court.
He played like one of the best guards in the country in march. He had a bad game in Portland. X will be all big ten next year and most likely 2nd or 1st team.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Was Woody a senior at the time?
Was he the leader in that fiasco or a follower?
I am done. DD conducted himself 10x worse on campus when he was here, then X does. DD was hammered during the season at nicks, he will even tell you that.

X is a leader, I am pumped he will be leading my team next year.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I am done. DD conducted himself 10x worse on campus when he was here, then X does. DD was hammered during the season at nicks, he will even tell you that.

X is a leader, I am pumped he will be leading my team next year.
I gave you a layup. Woodson was the team captain.
I can’t stand Dakich. I hope You are correct if X is the leader and that he leads the team to a conference title.
He has to show that improvement in maturity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT