ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League Cancelling Fall Sports

abraxis

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2001
Stone Head, IN
Welcome to the new reality. I hope people figure out - soon - that masks help.

A lot.
Masks only prolong the Micky Mouse circus. Once the virus runs its course through the population, it will have nowhere else to go. If Biden wins, the liberals will be too busy celebrating to care about disciplined mask wearing and social distancing they so begrudgingly try to act like it's no big deal.

Masks only prolong the Micky Mouse circus. Once the virus runs its course through the population, it will have nowhere else to go. If Biden wins, the liberals will be too busy celebrating to care about disciplined mask wearing and social distancing they so begrudgingly try to act like it's no big deal.
Thanks Doc

Couldn’t disagree more, and I am in no way a liberal. I am, however, a human being, so wearing a mask to protect myself and my fellow human beings seems to be a pretty easy thing to do.

I’m not sure what the aversion is to wearing a mask (that protects the upper respiratory system) to prevent an illness that affects the upper respiratory system, but ascribing it to some type of personal freedom is one of the nuttier things I’ve heard.

Read up a little on the 1918 flu pandemic. It’s particularly illuminating how taking simple precautions like wearing a mask and social distancing can limit the effects of an upper respiratory virus.

Couldn’t disagree more, and I am in no way a liberal. I am, however, a human being, so wearing a mask to protect myself and my fellow human beings seems to be a pretty easy thing to do.

I’m not sure what the aversion is to wearing a mask (that protects the upper respiratory system) to prevent an illness that affects the upper respiratory system, but ascribing it to some type of personal freedom is one of the nuttier things I’ve heard.

Read up a little on the 1918 flu pandemic. It’s particularly illuminating how taking simple precautions like wearing a mask and social distancing can limit the effects of an upper respiratory virus.

You have to realize you're not going to win anybody over on this site using logic.

Reactions: ovaltine
dumb

You have to realize you're not going to win anybody over on this site using logic.

Hmm, "stupidity" is not spelled "I o g I c". The poster claims "Once the virus runs its course through the population, it will have nowhere else to go". There is zero proof of that as has been said for months now, it appears we only gain temporary immunity. So once it goes through, it goes back through.

And that does not touch on the fact that once it goes through the first time, we may have a million dead Americans.

Hmm, "stupidity" is not spelled "I o g I c". The poster claims "Once the virus runs its course through the population, it will have nowhere else to go". There is zero proof of that as has been said for months now, it appears we only gain temporary immunity. So once it goes through, it goes back through.

And that does not touch on the fact that once it goes through the first time, we may have a million dead Americans.
Why stop at a million Americans the first time? That’s still a relatively small percentage, only 4X the 250,000 initially projected. Think of this invisible menace, Covid, (such a cute Millennial name) as the cause of mass extinction. After it wipes out the humans within two hundred years, then it goes for the fish and after the fishing goes bad, the newts start to disappear and then the nematodes, followed by...Mass extinctions will always reoccur as nature’s way of rebooting life. Deal with this thought and in the meantime, quite being such a worry wart and go back to enjoying life free of fear...well, don’t forget to look both ways before crossing the street. I’m so fearful I look both ways twice, just in case my eyes were deceiving me the first time.

“Experts” can’t even agree if a virus is life or something else and here I sit squirming with a pesky little hemmoroid I’d like to scratch with a corn cob. The itch, like the bitch, is back.

Today is going to be a good day, better than I’ve ever felt before. Why, because I said so. It’s really that easy.

Why stop at a million Americans the first time? That’s still a relatively small percentage, only 4X the 250,000 initially projected. Think of this invisible menace, Covid, (such a cute Millennial name) as the cause of mass extinction. After it wipes out the humans within two hundred years, then it goes for the fish and after the fishing goes bad, the newts start to disappear and then the nematodes, followed by...Mass extinctions will always reoccur as nature’s way of rebooting life. Deal with this thought and in the meantime, quite being such a worry wart and go back to enjoying life free of fear...well, don’t forget to look both ways before crossing the street. I’m so fearful I look both ways twice, just in case my eyes were deceiving me the first time.

“Experts” can’t even agree if a virus is life or something else and here I sit squirming with a pesky little hemmoroid I’d like to scratch with a corn cob. The itch, like the bitch, is back.

Today is going to be a good day, better than I’ve ever felt before. Why, because I said so. It’s really that easy.

Based on your first couple sentences, I hope you don't call yourself pro life.

1 million would be 200 times the deaths at the World Trade Center. Did you support America fighting back against the terrorists after WTC?

Almost everyone knows we have to open up, the question is how far. You personally don't think a million lives is enough to warrant you wearing a mask, so be it. Do you wear a seat belt? Do you wear clothes? Why do you follow those norms?

There is more dumb shit posted here than you can shake a stick at, but you sir have put yourself at the front of the stupid line...

I assume this is a bit, but I don't see the funny.

Based on your first couple sentences, I hope you don't call yourself pro life.

1 million would be 200 times the deaths at the World Trade Center. Did you support America fighting back against the terrorists after WTC?

Almost everyone knows we have to open up, the question is how far. You personally don't think a million lives is enough to warrant you wearing a mask, so be it. Do you wear a seat belt? Do you wear clothes? Why do you follow those norms?

But of the people dying of COVId how many of them would've likely been dead shortly even if they never got it? Millions die in this country every year. According to Google 150,000 die in the world every day. That's what I want to know. Are these typically healthy people that likely would've lived a whole lot longer if they never got it or are they for the most part people already living on borrowed time?

But of the people dying of COVId how many of them would've likely been dead shortly even if they never got it? Millions die in this country every year. According to Google 150,000 die in the world every day. That's what I want to know. Are these typically healthy people that likely would've lived a whole lot longer if they never got it or are they for the most part people already living on borrowed time?
Probably shortened the lives of a lot of people already in bad shape. But remember young people are getting sick too and having lasting health issues

Reactions: 76-1

This is something we already know the answer to

dumb

There is more dumb shit posted here than you can shake a stick at, but you sir have put yourself at the front of the stupid line...
The only thing I see worse than first in the line of stupidity are those standing behind me, not really knowing which way they’re going. At least I’m aware I’m being stupid. The one’s behind me take me serious, not knowing what line it is we’re standing in. How’s that for stupidity? Nematodes and newts...how serious can that be? Apparently you weren’t an IU Zoology major like I was. Let me guess...General Business?

These statistics are a bit premature, I would think. All statistics should be taken with a grain of salt, especially those predicting when a person would have died without the virus.
Especially the ones that don't back you up.

Reactions: T.M.P.
These statistics are a bit premature, I would think. All statistics should be taken with a grain of salt, especially those predicting when a person would have died without the virus.

LOL. Statistics were invented to predict when you'll die. You have life insurance, right?

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can say such a thing this early. We didn't even have COVID 6 months ago. You have to wait at least a few years to find any meaningful study. I just wanted to know if the vast majority dying were those already very old or very unhealthy.
Depends on what you consider very old/unhealthy. Over 60 and BMI over 30 put you at risk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT