ADVERTISEMENT

IU's Trolling Response to Idiot Fans

Why go there? In his interview with Dakich, Dane Fife made it clear that IUBB is tired of fans and media cannibalizing the program. History has shown that ignoring these fans has not been successful, so they're trying a different approach.
By getting into a pissing contest with them? Who benefits?

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
12 out of 13 got me in season 2
Fans in general held on supporting Crean for six years, Miller was not going to get that much rope, particularly with lesser results. The BOT was not going to protect his job the way they had Crean's.

The only silver lining in not having fans in TAH last season was not hearing the reaction.

Fans in general held on supporting Crean for six years, Miller was not going to get that much rope, particularly with lesser results. The BOT was not going to protect his job the way they had Crean's.

The only silver lining in not having fans in TAH last season was not hearing the reaction.
Ordy Ordy Ordy

Reactions: Birnk403
No matter what the MBB twitter account posts, there are always fans that reply to the tweet with "You should be practicing FTs", or "Work on your jump shot".

I swear, if the team went to Riley Children's Hospital to fullfil a kids last wish before he passed and posted the video, Norman_Dale69 and his kind would be be tweeting back at them that they're wasting their time in Indy when they should be shooting 500 FTs instead.

Glad they trolled the trolls.

No matter what the MBB twitter account posts, there are always fans that reply to the tweet with "You should be practicing FTs", or "Work on your jump shot".

I swear, if the team went to Riley Children's Hospital to fullfil a kids last wish before he passed and posted the video, Norman_Dale69 and his kind would be be tweeting back at them that they're wasting their time in Indy when they should be shooting 500 FTs instead.

Glad they trolled the trolls.
The bigger the fan base, the more oddballs out there.

I had the exact opposite reaction. It came across to me like the smarta$$ college interns took over the account for the day. Why in the world would you act like you listen to the “noise” and go one step further by broadcasting to all your followers including recruits that you have fans like that. Not too mention highlighting an obvious confounding weakness that plagued them all year?
You mean fans that make spot on statements about the weaknesses of the team? I have nothing against their statements as they looked to be 100% true.

Again, when IU starts winning fans will shut up. Until then the fans have every right to be critical, especially as unwatchable as we've been the last few years.

Our lunatic fans deserve to be made fun of sometimes. Lighten up, Francis.
What about pointing out how a team that can't shoot, can't shoot, makes them "lunatic fans"?

If anything those fans were right all year.

What about pointing out how a team that can't shoot, can't shoot, makes them "lunatic fans"?

If anything those fans were right all year.

No. But pointing it out on videos that don't have anything to do with shooting does.

If it was a video of them shooting, a video of them missing shots, or even highlights/lowlights of last year it might have been different.

But these response were just some grumps barking at the moon.

Why go there? In his interview with Dakich, Dane Fife made it clear that IUBB is tired of fans and media cannibalizing the program. History has shown that ignoring these fans has not been successful, so they're trying a different approach.
Don't know what's more unbelievable, that this once great program has continued to lose for going on 20+ years. Or that the staff, alums, and writers continue to try and find a way to blame the fans that have stuck with the team through all that time.

The good news for them is that if IU doesn't turn it around quickly they won't have to worry about those "lunatic fans" anymore. Those fans will no longer be around. Then when the old folk pass on leaving room for the "boomers" to grow old, IU's teams will be playing in front of a half empty Assembly Hall.

All that will be left then will be writers like Greg Doyle with his thumb half up his ass pretending like he has any idea what in the hell he's talking about.

Reactions: kkott and IUSUMMERS
Don't know what's more unbelievable, that this once great program has continued to lose for going on 20+ years. Or that the staff, alums, and writers continue to try and find a way to blame the fans that have stuck with the team through all that time.

The good news for them is that if IU doesn't turn it around quickly they won't have to worry about those "lunatic fans" anymore. Those fans will no longer be around. Then when the old folk pass on leaving room for the "boomers" to grow old, IU's teams will be playing in front of a half empty Assembly Hall.

All that will be left then will be writers like Greg Doyle with his thumb half up his ass pretending like he has any idea what in the hell he's talking about.

Addition by subtraction. We have a new coach, with a new system and many new players. If there was ever a time for the fanbase to be hopeful and optimistic, now would be that time. There is always a time to be negative, but this is not the time.

Addition by subtraction. We have a new coach, with a new system and many new players. If there was ever a time for the fanbase to be hopeful and optimistic, now would be that time. There is always a time to be negative, but this is not the time.
I agree with everything you said here I'm just sick and tired of all the writers and trolls blaming the IU fans like it's somehow our fault that the program is in the dumps.

The key is getting it turned around, when that happens the negativity from the real fans will go away. After watching the last few years unfold IU fans have had every right to be negative.

I agree with everything you said here I'm just sick and tired of all the writers and trolls blaming the IU fans like it's somehow our fault that the program is in the dumps.

The key is getting it turned around, when that happens the negativity from the real fans will go away. After watching the last few years unfold IU fans have had every right to be negative.
agreed.. There was eternal optimism when KS was hired... then when TC was hired, then when CAM was hired..... The early returns on the Woodson regime look good, but I certainly remember how freaking excited myself and everyone else was Archie secured the Romeo commit....

Agree 100%. At most other programs fans would have stopped caring and showing up long ago. I was in the Dean Dome during one of their short swoons at the end of the Guthridge tenure. A big matchup between UNC and IU and it was probably 70% full with a heckuva lot of IU fans. PU's attendance dropped way off at the end of the Keady tenure and didn't recover until their winning did. The fans didn't suck at the FT or 3 pt line last year.

Reactions: Champs1976
Agree 100%. At most other programs fans would have stopped caring and showing up long ago. I was in the Dean Dome during one of their short swoons at the end of the Guthridge tenure. A big matchup between UNC and IU and it was probably 70% full with a heckuva lot of IU fans. PU's attendance dropped way off at the end of the Keady tenure and didn't recover until their winning did. The fans didn't suck at the FT or 3 pt line last year.
one thing I've noticed in my 20+ years in GA... now granted this is from the Georgia perspective, but everyone is a UGA football fan, but roots for UNC/Duke/etc... in basketball..... I've never seen anything like it. As much as IU as sucked in football for decades, I've never been anything but an IU fan and I don't remember IUBB fans rooting for Ohio St/Notre Dame/etc... I think the bottom line is IU fans are definitely more "All In" then these southern fair weather fan schools

Reactions: Al Bino
one thing I've noticed in my 20+ years in GA... now granted this is from the Georgia perspective, but everyone is a UGA football fan, but roots for UNC/Duke/etc... in basketball..... I've never seen anything like it. As much as IU as sucked in football for decades, I've never been anything but an IU fan and I don't remember IUBB fans rooting for Ohio St/Notre Dame/etc... I think the bottom line is IU fans are definitely more "All In" then these southern fair weather fan schools
Plenty of IUBB fans have football allegiances with other schools. That’s been the case for decades.

Love it! Evidently people don’t realize how inane it is when they say “make feee throws; hit the threes...” (including people in this post.). What an astute observation! Why didn’t anyone think of practicing those shots?

That was the case particularly when Knight was Coach. There were many Knight-o-philes who were not IU grads or fans of IU in any way outside of Knight and Basketball. They were often called "revesable jacket" fans in that one side was IU basketball/Knight and the other ND/Colts/Bears or other. These folks never stepped foot on campus unless they got a Holiday Tourney ticket for Christmas that may have been played in Indy if not on campus.

I was baffled the first time I actually met one of these folks after graduation, but I realized over time these folks were for real. Michigan FB has "Walmart Wolverines" who are the same ilk as does Ahia FB and KY Basketball.

Once Knight was gone the majority of these fans spread with the wind...a few are still around: Ducati was a non-grad Knight-o-phile and prolific poster on IU sites who became the mayor of GBI @TwinDegrees2 bittererly trashing IU after spending time on a IU/Mike Davis racist hate site called Hoops Loops or similar. We have one other remaining here that I am aware of.

The vast majority of IU grads like us follow all sports but certainly some focus more on Basketball.

Very few of these reversable jacket critters left thank goodness.

That was the case particularly when Knight was Coach. There were many Knight-o-philes who were not IU grads or fans of IU in any way outside of Knight and Basketball. They were often called "revesable jacket" fans in that one side was IU basketball/Knight and the other ND/Colts/Bears or other. These folks never stepped foot on campus unless they got a Holiday Tourney ticket for Christmas that may have been played in Indy if not on campus.

I was baffled the first time I actually met one of these folks after graduation, but I realized over time these folks were for real. Michigan FB has "Walmart Wolverines" who are the same ilk as does Ahia FB and KY Basketball.

Once Knight was gone the majority of these fans spread with the wind...a few are still around: Ducati was a non-grad Knight-o-phile and prolific poster on IU sites who became the mayor of GBI @TwinDegrees2 bittererly trashing IU after spending time on a IU/Mike Davis racist hate site called Hoops Loops or similar. We have one other remaining here that I am aware of.

The vast majority of IU grads like us follow all sports but certainly some focus more on Basketball.

Very few of these reversable jacket critters left thank goodness.
Didn’t realize it was a requirement to be an IU grad in order to be a fan of the basketball team.

Reactions: BHAII
Didn’t realize it was a requirement to be an IU grad in order to be a fan of the basketball team.
Non-IU grads drawing lines in the sand regarding the fandom of non-IU grad fans. Like insulting a player’s family . . . Wow.

Last edited:
It just irritates me the more I think about it. IU is actually paying people to come up with this juvenile stuff. How much? More than the guy with the same mentality flippin’ burgers down at your local McDonald’s, I guarantee ya’ that. Worth about as much as a cup of warm spit...

Disagree. The problem last year was not the idiot fans, it was largely crappy shooting. I think this is the staffs way of saying they know that and it’s not going to be a problem with this roster.
The problem last year was the year before ... lose 12 of 13, no accountability, that's what u get

Love it! Evidently people don’t realize how inane it is when they say “make feee throws; hit the threes...” (including people in this post.). What an astute observation! Why didn’t anyone think of practicing those shots?
Well, the stats argue that they didn't practice them enough or got terrible coaching or they just have no talent. So as inane as the observation was/is, it is a fact that FT and 3 pt. shooting sucked. So hopefully they're getting coached and working really hard at it (as an example VO became a great 3 pt. shooter through sheer practice). So what's your point? Either A - they didn't practice enough and need a lot more or B - they have no shooting skill that can even be developed in which case they should all just leave the program so kids that have the skill and/or the desire to master the skill take their place. BTW shooters do get "made" through hours of practice and working on shooting fundamentals.

It just irritates me the more I think about it. IU is actually paying people to come up with this juvenile stuff. How much? More than the guy with the same mentality flippin’ burgers down at your local McDonald’s, I guarantee ya’ that. Worth about as much as a cup of warm spit...
How much is the 19 year old intern who runs the team Twitter account getting paid?

Probably not much.

I’d tell you to worry about bigger things, but I think literally any other thing you could worry about would qualify as a bigger thing.

Well, the stats argue that they didn't practice them enough or got terrible coaching or they just have no talent. So as inane as the observation was/is, it is a fact that FT and 3 pt. shooting sucked. So hopefully they're getting coached and working really hard at it (as an example VO became a great 3 pt. shooter through sheer practice). So what's your point? Either A - they didn't practice enough and need a lot more or B - they have no shooting skill that can even be developed in which case they should all just leave the program so kids that have the skill and/or the desire to master the skill take their place. BTW shooters do get "made" through hours of practice and working on shooting fundamentals.
Are there stats for practices? No. The "stats" don't argue anything re: practice, and given all your asinine posts about the negligible threat posed by Covid, you're not smart enough to understand them anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: brebelle3
Are there stats for practices? No. The "stats" don't argue anything re: practice, and given all your asinne posts about the negligible threat posed by Covid, you're not smart enough to understand them anyway.
“assine“? Speaking of not being smart enough . . .

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a sports string derailed by COVID... OH, the good ole days

Are there stats for practices? No. The "stats" don't argue anything re: practice, and given all your asinine posts about the negligible threat posed by Covid, you're not smart enough to understand them anyway.
Idiot, do you have any idea whatsoever how players develop great shooting skills? Have you ever played? Who cares about practice "stats" it is the game stats that PROVE they either have zero shooting talent or not enough work ethic/coaching to develop their shots. Moron!

Idiot, do you have any idea whatsoever how players develop great shooting skills? Have you ever played? Who cares about practice "stats" it is the game stats that PROVE they either have zero shooting talent or not enough work ethic/coaching to develop their shots. Moron!
Yes, yes and no because stats never tell the whole story even if simpletons imagine so. GLWT.

Yes, yes and no because stats never tell the whole story even if simpletons imagine so. GLWT.
Disagree, if the stat doesn't tell the whole story, you're either using the wrong stat or asking the wrong question.

Most people don't understand what a stat represents or what the correct application is. That's not the fault of a stat, that's a user error.

Disagree, if the stat doesn't tell the whole story, you're either using the wrong stat or asking the wrong question.

Most people don't understand what a stat represents or what the correct application is. That's not the fault of a stat, that's a user error.
The "whole story" in this instance has to do with using stats to assert that Players either don't practice shooting enough or lack talent. No matter how you slice it, stats can't prove either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT