ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. IL Pre-game Coverage - scroll down for new links

Not sure I buy the statement that Cockburn has dominated the previous 3 match-ups. In the last game, TJD outscored him (19 to 16) and outrebounded him (14 to 10). Kofi was more efficient, but that doesn't equate to dominant.

I’ll be shocked if we win this one. I predicted that we’d beat Purdue but this will be a lot tougher.

Bigger challenge than pU IMO.

Links added as stories 'appear'.

Keep their guards/wings from going off from 3 and it should be a winnable game. D needs to be extended and run them off the 3 line. That's where they become dangerous.

Pull TJD out a bit make Kofi guard him away from the basket off the dribble. See if TJD can get him in foul trouble. Expect to see Durr get some minutes too.

TJD has to realize that once Kofi catches in the paint it's over. Don't challenge just wall up, don't foul, and let the weak side rotation try to block the shot. He made that mistake with Edey, challenged and got into foul trouble. Lets hope he doesn't with Kofi.

Six days to prep for this game vs two for Ill. That's a lot of film time and IU should have Ill's tendencies scouted, while Ill has to do a quick prep. Advantage IU.

I'm sure Woody will come up with something to keep them off balance.

Last edited:
This will be a game for the guards / perimeter guys. The winner there will be the winner overall. Their guys, when they’re on, are pretty damn good.

TJD has to realize that once Kofi catches in the paint it's over. Don't challenge just wall up, don't foul, and let the weak side rotation try to block the shot. He made that mistake with Edey, challenged and got into foul trouble. Lets hope he doesn't with Kofi.
I think Race plays a big role in this strategy...or...switch with Race once the ball hits the paint and let TJD rotate over on the shot. I think he can do this without fouling. JG can rotate and block but he will foul. Durr as you say plays into this as well, but he will foul regardless. We have ten fouls to give between JG and Durr.

Among PStew, X, Kopp, Trey and Tamar we have to have two hitting threes.

let's just hope the roads get cleaned up tomorrow and don't hurt the crowd because it will be electric again.

Reactions: TomEric4756
I know it’s a task but don’t let Kofi catch in the paint. Try to make him take it from as far out of the paint as possible and for gods sake guard the three. I’ve seen them make those ridiculous threes with no space. IU also needs to take and make enough threes. Hope IU can keep the game in the 60s.

Defense 1st.
IU Defense needs to control the runs and minimize 2nd chances.
This needs be as much as about grit and want to as talent.
Let’s win this with stops
May forced turnovers create easy early offense
(Amen)

Hope this is an okay spot to post this. If not, my apologies! Heading over from Champaign early Saturday morning. Any recommendations on where to park that would allow us to walk to the game and then campustown afterwards? Also, any idea if campus bars are typically open before a noon tip? Appreciate any and all help!

Hope this is an okay spot to post this. If not, my apologies! Heading over from Champaign early Saturday morning. Any recommendations on where to park that would allow us to walk to the game and then campustown afterwards? Also, any idea if campus bars are typically open before a noon tip? Appreciate any and all help!
I don’t live in Bloomington, however, A lot of the parking surrounds AH, so it’s pretty accessible. But not for the restaurants/bars, if you decide to do that afterwards, you would have to find a spot. Hope this helps and good luck Saturday!

Reactions: VisitingIllini
The plowed snow is going to play hell with parking everywhere. Many areas are pass only or assigned spots and those will be cleaned first. You can find something around TAH but not walking to the bars/restaurants for pregame. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe the large purple lot north of TAH is cash park (gates 9 and 10) and that stretches over toward the baseball complex.

Head to Kirkwood or Btown Square areas (I assume most will be open) first then leave a bit early to find a spot near The Hall. It will be a treat to see IMO the two best players in the BIG tomorrow.

We don't get many visiting fans in TAH so enjoy the experience and be careful driving.

Last edited:
With a noon start, there won't be much life around campus pre-game and in cold weather, it's a long way from the campus bar area on Kirkwood to Assembly Hall. The best bet is to arrive at AH as soon as the gate (gate 10, I think) on the 46 bypass opens and get a decent spot. After the game, drive downtown to Kirkwood area and find public parking there ( there is both on-street and public lot parking. Usually not awfully crowded on a Sat. afternoon, but with a post-game crowd you might have to "circle and search" a bit).

Good luck (except for the game outcome) and safe travels.

Reactions: VisitingIllini
Bigger challenge than pU IMO.

Links added as stories 'appear'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT