ADVERTISEMENT

IU Schedule Rated as

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
10th hardest in the nation

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...s-ahead-of-2022-season-186254370/#186254370_4

The Big Ten's toughest schedule in 2022, once again, belongs to Indiana according to ESPN's projections. Things get tricky for the Hoosiers beginning in Week 4, the first of three straight games as an underdog. The Hoosiers play Cincinnati away from home, then Nebraska and return home to play Michigan. In November, Tom Allen's squad hosts Penn State before consecutive road showdowns against Ohio State and Michigan State. Considering this schedule, Indiana will need to do all it can to start the season 3-0 against Illinois, Idaho and Western Kentucky to have a shot at bowl season next fall after a disastrous finish in 2021.

I have to agree with Vesuvius, this really isn't news, we all hate the divisions but until they're done away with we should come into each year expecting to have one of the toughest schedules in the country. That's why we've got to be very selective with our OOC games. Not all cupcakes, but two of three should be relatively easy wins and then finding a winnable P5 opponent.

I have to agree with Vesuvius, this really isn't news, we all hate the divisions but until they're done away with we should come into each year expecting to have one of the toughest schedules in the country. That's why we've got to be very selective with our OOC games. Not all cupcakes, but two of three should be relatively easy wins and then finding a winnable P5 opponent.
And beat Illinois

Hoosiers always have the toughest schedule because they don't get to play themselves.
Really? Put Indiana in the West and the toughest schedule goes away. Rutgers has the 2nd toughest by the 247 ranking and Iowa was third followed by Maryland. What do 3 of those 4 teams have in common? Right after Iowa was Wisconsin and then Michigan St. and Penn State. What do 5 out of 7 of those teams have in common?

7 out of 7 have to play Ohio St. 6 out of 7 have to play Michigan and Ohio St. 4 out of 7 have to play Michigan, Ohio St., and Penn State every year. And I bet if you go back every year and looked at SOS, that the majority of the time those 4 schools were in the top 5 to 6 of schedule strength in the BIG.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
This is a two-edged sword because a cupcake does little to prepare them for the meat grinder of the BIG Varsity Division. We play the toughest schedule in the BIG and they simply have to get better to be successful.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT