ADVERTISEMENT

IU recruit ranked No. 1 in the state for 2024 per Prep Baseball Report...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Here's a link to the rankings of the top ten as of right now for the Class of 2024 in Indiana per Prep Baseball Report. IU recruit Brayton Thomas, a LHP for Ft. Wayne Dwenger is at the top of the list with IU having three players in their top ten for that class. Note: Bloomington North's Cayden McCoy, a LHP who is ranked No. 5 in the class and shows as non-committal, just committed to Texas A&M the other day. As usual, it will be quite a while before we even know who will actually show up on a college campus. Needless to say, portal recruiting is every bit as big as getting kids out of high school which is no revelation on my part.

IU has one player in their top ten for the Class of 2023 in Andrew Wiggens, OF, out of Heritage Christian.

Last edited:
Odd that a 6’2” 215lbs LHP that sits 86-87 at 16 years old gets out of Bloomington without an Indiana offer. I have known this kid since he was 5, great kid, great family and he still has a lot of baseball upside.

Reactions: mk30
Odd that a 6’2” 215lbs LHP that sits 86-87 at 16 years old gets out of Bloomington without an Indiana offer. I have known this kid since he was 5, great kid, great family and he still has a lot of baseball upside.
I recently heard he was 90+ with really good control. Makes you wonder how this staff falls asleep on a guy right under their nose.

I recently heard he was 90+ with really good control. Makes you wonder how this staff falls asleep on a guy right under their nose.
Kid told them straight up he was going south. Sorry they didn't still extend an offer just so you could see our name next to his list of offers.

Unlike you, Mercer and Co have actually talked to the kid.

My son is at North too. He plays on the baseball team with Caden.
I do wish IU had made a harder push for him but he was definitely looking to go south. But I think the hometown team has to at least offer and make the kid say no.

My son is at North too. He plays on the baseball team with Caden.
I do wish IU had made a harder push for him but he was definitely looking to go south. But I think the hometown team has to at least offer and make the kid say no.
Just because some recruiting service didn't list it doesn't mean there wasn't essentially an offer.

There wasn’t.
Nothing against IU maybe they had other guys in mind and that’s fine. I just think it would have been worth a shot to offer a local kid that clearly has talent.

Others may disagree, but I think it's a bad look to not at least offer. Even if he publicly states a desire to go South. Doesn't cost anything to offer, right? Kind of the first rule in sales.

Reactions: Crean House Effect
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT