ADVERTISEMENT

IU reconsidering vaccine mandate

Harry Hondo

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2015
Now, instead of returning to normal, the university will need to use considerable time and resources for further mitigation testing, with quarantines remaining in place and freedoms restricted. All because of a state legislature, that no longer allocates much funding to IU, being against a mandated vaccination.

Reactions: IUgradman
Now, instead of returning to normal, the university will need to use considerable time and resources for further mitigation testing, with quarantines remaining in place and freedoms restricted. All because of a state legislature, that no longer allocates much funding to IU, being against a mandated vaccination.

They had to know there would be pushback. They may throw Rokita a bone, but I doubt they will back down.

They'll drop it. And they should.
What about all the other vaccine mandates IU already has in place? Drop those too? Oh wait. They can't since they are mandated by state law. Oh the irony.

IC 21-40-5-2Necessary student documentation

Sec. 2. (a) Except as provided in section 7 of this chapter, a state educational institution may not permit a student to matriculate in a residential campus of a state educational institution unless the student provides the documentation required by section 3 of this chapter for the following diseases:

(1) Diphtheria.

(2) Tetanus.

(3) Measles.

(4) Mumps.

(5) Rubella.

(6) Meningococcal disease (meningitis).

(b) A state educational institution shall notify a student before the student's matriculation that the student must be immunized and that the immunization is required for matriculation at the state educational institution unless the student provides the documentation required by section 3 of this chapter.

(c) The immunizations required under subsection (a) must be conducted in accordance with the routine recommendations established by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that are in effect at the time the immunization is given.

[Pre-2007 Higher Education Recodification Citation: 20-12-71-11.]

What about all the other vaccine mandates IU already has in place? Drop those too? Oh wait. They can't since they are mandated by state law. Oh the irony.

IC 21-40-5-2Necessary student documentation

Sec. 2. (a) Except as provided in section 7 of this chapter, a state educational institution may not permit a student to matriculate in a residential campus of a state educational institution unless the student provides the documentation required by section 3 of this chapter for the following diseases:

(1) Diphtheria.

(2) Tetanus.

(3) Measles.

(4) Mumps.

(5) Rubella.

(6) Meningococcal disease (meningitis).

(b) A state educational institution shall notify a student before the student's matriculation that the student must be immunized and that the immunization is required for matriculation at the state educational institution unless the student provides the documentation required by section 3 of this chapter.

(c) The immunizations required under subsection (a) must be conducted in accordance with the routine recommendations established by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that are in effect at the time the immunization is given.

[Pre-2007 Higher Education Recodification Citation: 20-12-71-11.]
A. Those are real infectious diseases, not colds

B. There is no actual vaccination status vetting process for those vaccines, despite it being the law

Toothless. And if you show up on campus without having submitted. No one is any the wiser. I would know, because I did.
Maybe when you attended, but not now. You can't even register for classes if you have not complied.

Reactions: IUgradman
Maybe when you attended, but not now. You can't even register for classes if you have not complied.
Well I started IU in 2012, so I can't believe much has changed. I'm almost positive I have all those vaccinations, but I don't know for a fact, because like I said, I didn't submit the info. to IU.

Whether I missed it in my orientation packet or they put it in place some time between 2016 and now (unlikely). It's immaterial, it's toothless.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Well I started IU in 2012, so I can't believe much has changed. I'm almost positive I have all those vaccinations, but I don't know for a fact, because like I said, I didn't submit the info. to IU.

Whether I missed it in my orientation packet or they put it in place some time between 2016 and now (unlikely). It's immaterial, it's toothless.
Toothless? You absolutely cannot attend in-person classes without having submitted proof of vaccination. Those are pretty big fangs.

And your mommy probably submitted the information for you.

Why would they need to do all that you say with regard to mitigation testing and freedom restrictions? I am pro vaccine, but the university can absolutely return to normal just like everywhere else.

Actually, it's because I have a kid attending Purdue, which has the exact same rules as IU regarding vaccines - as mandated by Indiana law.
Just checked my employer website, they're require your vaccination card also..... Oops.

Actually, it's because I have a kid attending Purdue, which has the exact same rules as IU regarding vaccines - as mandated by Indiana law.

Wait a minute. Noodle-2 is also a Boiler? And you haven't been permanently banned here? Standards have sure fallen.

Kramer would likely be surprised that the Boilers have their own forums.

Wait a minute. Noodle-2 is also a Boiler? And you haven't been permanently banned here? Standards have sure fallen.

Kramer would likely be surprised that the Boilers have their own forums.
The cesspool that is the Purdue forum makes this place look like a kiddy pool filled with day-old water.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
They'll drop it. And they should.
If they do drop it, unvaccinated students will be subjected to weekly mitigation tests so I’m hoping this will be enough to prompt them to get vaccinated. If they fail to get tested IU restricts access to password protected sites they’ll need.

Reactions: UncleMark
If they do drop it, unvaccinated students will be subjected to weekly mitigation tests so I’m hoping this will be enough to prompt them to get vaccinated. If they fail to get tested IU restricts access to password protected sites they’ll need.
What happens to the student that has natural immunity since they had covid already?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Why would they need to do all that you say with regard to mitigation testing and freedom restrictions? I am pro vaccine, but the university can absolutely return to normal just like everywhere else.
Need to track the virus if there are individuals who are not vaccinated. The university is not an insulated bubble and everyone still has access to the greater Bloomington community.

That is crazy talk....my God.
Where have you been this past year? This is how healthcare works during a pandemic. However, if the US reaches their herd immunity goals, then these guidelines will likely change or fall away.

There was just a study released yesterday that you could have immunity for over a year (or years) if you have had it.

The catch is could. The problem is no one knows how to measure how much virus one had. If one had a lot of virus, their immunity should be stronger/last longer. If one had a small viral load, their immunity should be lower/last shorter.

The shot eliminates that variable. We know exactly how much one was exposed to and general time guidelines should apply.

Good.

The catch is could. The problem is no one knows how to measure how much virus one had. If one had a lot of virus, their immunity should be stronger/last longer. If one had a small viral load, their immunity should be lower/last shorter.

The shot eliminates that variable. We know exactly how much one was exposed to and general time guidelines should apply.
You are then asking people who were very sick, to put the same virus back in their bodies. Some of which have long haul health issues that still resonate.

The CDC just said If one has the vaccine, you are good to go about your business without a mask indoor or outdoor. These vaccines are 95% effective irrespective of what others do,

Reactions: F.Fletch
The ex

The exposure to multiple Million dollar lawsuits should be the legislature's key concern.

Coercing healthy students to submit to an experimental panacea is a sickening thought.

You are then asking people who were very sick, to put the same virus back in their bodies. Some of which have long haul health issues that still resonate.

The CDC just said If one has the vaccine, you are good to go about your business without a mask indoor or outdoor. These vaccines are 95% effective irrespective of what others do,
Good Lord. None, I repeat NONE of the vaccines approved in the U.S. contain the Covid-19 virus.

Good Lord. None, I repeat NONE of the vaccines approved in the U.S. contain the Covid-19 virus.
It isnt the virus itself, no. I got the J&J....here is what is says about it.

The Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is a vector vaccine. In this type of vaccine, genetic material from the COVID-19 virus is inserted into a different kind of weakened live virus, such as an adenovirus. When the weakened virus (viral vector) gets into your cells, it delivers genetic material from the COVID-19 virus that gives your cells instructions to make copies of the S protein.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT