ADVERTISEMENT

IU moves up in AP poll despite OSU loss

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Hmmm. No matter - just beat the La Fayettes and all will be right in the world.

Looking at the schedule seems possible that IU could lose maybe no more than 2 games rest of the season. Have to beat NW on the road and finish with a couple of strong home wins, but seems possible.

AP poll

But the PUkes said we wouldn't be ranked when we play them!

That was on their board. And if a PUke says it, it has to be true, since they are the smartest people in the world. Just ask one of them. Go HOOSIERS! POTFB

Not sure what you are going hmmmmm about?

They only put out 1 poll a week.

If they had a poll on Friday we would have moved up to about #16-18. After Sunday's loss to a former Top10 team, we would fall back to about #22 where we are.

For Kenpom we were #54 Thursday morning, #40 Friday morning, and now #42 on Monday morning.
For sagarin, it was #40 Thurs., #32 Fri., and now #34.
The computers didn't think the OSU loss mattered much at all, why should the voters?

If anything we should have moved up more than 1 spot.

Hmmmmm....

Just pedestrian rumination.

Agree. Was just mildly surprised that squeaking by PSU and UI got them in in the first place. Granted the B10 road win at UI and the one at NU were noteworthy, but just the same. The Maryland win was impressive to be sure, but the OSU performance hardly looked like what one (at least this one) might expect from a top 25 team. Drawing to 56-50 before the back-to-back threes counts for something but not sure just what given the porous defense and sloppy ball handling. Do not mind seeing them lose nearly as much as losing in that fashion. Hoping that they work on those two aspects and only drop no more than two games the rest of the season. Thus do I imagine...

On a side note, computers do not *think* but if mine starts doing so my pedestrian rumination is going to get a whole lot more cosmic.

Well, if they win

then they'll have an excuse to chant "over rated" and rush the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT