ADVERTISEMENT

IU @ Mich game on B1G last night- 2013

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
anyone catch the rerun of this game last night?

It was refreshing to see an IU team loaded with talent, who had half a dozen good 3pt shooters (although they didn't look like it the following week vs Wisky, or 2 weeks later vs Cuse).

But it was a shock to watch the game and see how just fast that team played. Track meet up and down the court. Worked wonders against teams like UM who tried to play a similar game. But against a ball control team (Wisc) or a half court/zone D team (Cuse), well....not so good.

Zeller was the fastest 7 footer I've ever seen play. With Vic, Sheehey, both athletic freaks. That team would beat this yr's IU team by 40 (unless the 2020 Hoosiers played a 2-3 zone...then CTC's head would explode)

I enjoyed watching the rerun much more than the original showing. That game was incredibly stressful to watch live. Still not sure how the last 2 shots (Burke/Morgan) didn't end up beating us. Ultimately UM lost the game at the free throw line.

Reactions: mk23 and Davehack
Not sure how that game was so close, we were +23 on the boards in that game.

Watched the IU/KY game before that, funny, I was still stressed at the end of that game giving up that 9 point lead even knowing Wat was gonna hit the shot

I was surprised to see how much Hollowell played in that game. Guess I'd forgotten he was a fairly consistent contributor with that crew. Lots of pro's in that game.

Not sure how that game was so close, we were +23 on the boards in that game.

Watched the IU/KY game before that, funny, I was still stressed at the end of that game giving up that 9 point lead even knowing Wat was gonna hit the shot
turnovers IU 14 Mich 6.

....yeah we had 59 rebounds in the game, including 24 on offense. Huge.

I was surprised to see how much Hollowell played in that game. Guess I'd forgotten he was a fairly consistent contributor with that crew. Lots of pro's in that game.
yes he did well in that 2nd half. Rebounds, hit a great looking 3 pointer. Kid had potential to be more at IU that how it all played out.

It was refreshing to see an IU team loaded with talent, who had half a dozen good 3pt shooters (although they didn't look like it the following week vs Wisky, or 2 weeks later vs Cuse).

But it was a shock to watch the game and see how just fast that team played. Track meet up and down the court. Worked wonders against teams like UM who tried to play a similar game. But against a ball control team (Wisc) or a half court/zone D team (Cuse), well....not so good.

Zeller was the fastest 7 footer I've ever seen play. With Vic, Sheehey, both athletic freaks. That team would beat this yr's IU team by 40 (unless the 2020 Hoosiers played a 2-3 zone...then CTC's head would explode)

I enjoyed watching the rerun much more than the original showing. That game was incredibly stressful to watch live. Still not sure how the last 2 shots (Burke/Morgan) didn't end up beating us. Ultimately UM lost the game at the free throw line.
Now you tell us.;)

Ya, was a fun string of replays last night...I paid for it today, lol. And after the Kentucky and Michigan replay, was a good hour doc on Maryland and IU run to the championship in 02. Really enjoyed Fife’s cometary...”I lost us the game when I didn’t peal off to guard Dixon” (paraphrasing) with 8 minutes left, lol. Love that guy, what a competitor!

Reactions: Radio Zero
Ya, was a fun string of replays last night...I paid for it today, lol. And after the Kentucky and Michigan replay, was a good hour doc on Maryland and IU run to the championship in 02. Really enjoyed Fife’s cometary...”I lost us the game when I didn’t peal off to guard Dixon” (paraphrasing) with 8 minutes left, lol. Love that guy, what a competitor!

*commontarey

Watched IU-Temple last night, last win of 2013 season. After watching this game, it no longer surprises me we spit the bit vs Syracuse a few days later. Hulls gets hurt, Yogi playing out of control. Not shooting well. The team peaked a few weeks too early. Maybe CTC ran them into the ground?

You know my claim to fame is making Burke miss the FT right??? At the top of my lungs in a pretty damn quiet arena, from about the 7th row center court, I yell no pressure Trey..... clank.

No1 will ever convince me that I didn't influence it. You all are welcome.

You know my claim to fame is making Burke miss the FT right??? At the top of my lungs in a pretty damn quiet arena, from about the 7th row center court, I yell no pressure Trey..... clank.

No1 will ever convince me that I didn't influence it. You all are welcome.
You have any money on that game?

I laughed at JJ saying that if they lost the Duke game, lock the door because he was going to beat the shit out of Fife.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT