ADVERTISEMENT

IU Football is in good hands. Good hire*

The good news is the refs seem to be willing to give them all the assistance they need.
Have only seen the game since near the end of the first half, but, damn, this is the first time in a long time I’ve seen an IU team look like a legitimate college football team. With legitimate college football players.

The refs seem a little, let’s say, aggressive.

How many times in past years would an IU team have gone into a big-time game like this and not have crapped their pants?

UCLA may not be a top tier team this year, but this is still a big deal road game.

Color me impressed.

After Knight, Cignetti is IU’s best hire.

Have only seen the game since near the end of the first half, but, damn, this is the first time in a long time I’ve seen an IU team look like a legitimate college football team. With legitimate college football players.

How many times in past years would an IU team have gone into a big-time game like this and not have crapped their pants?

UCLA may not be a top tier team this year, but this is still a big deal road game.

Color me impressed.

You’re giving Jerry Yeagley short shrift.

I know you'll find this hard to comprehend, but money isn't everything for some people.
You’ll find this hard to believe but I do understand that. BUT the money in college and professional sports is obscene. Enough to make a difference.

I think the biggest factor is he’s 63 and just got here. I tend to agree that this will be his last stop
He may say that and genuinely mean it right now but that may change if a school like LSU comes sniffing around.

At any rate, it’s WAY too early for that. People were saying the same things about Tom Allen.

We’re talking about Indiana football here.

Seriously, though, how much of our team transferred from JMU, and how embarrassing is that?
Just now getting around to totally ruining this thread.
Our team is predominately Sunbelt players that our narcissist power and money hungry administration have already told "YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF OUR EXCELLENCE !"

but now they are moving in to save "our" assess.

It's really hard for me to support a total liberal woke school like IU now days, but I haven't given up hope just yet. Can a bunch of JMU transfers, swoop in and save Indiana University from the extreme liberal bullshit that has not only ruined the school, but the town it resides in? I'm betting that the JMU players have 2 good years and move on. Then the liberal IU admin figure out how to stifle them and continue to ruin IU and bloomington as a whole. Liberals are not happy, until you all are not happy. That is their entire plan!

You’re giving Jerry Yeagley short shrift.
I do not believe in soccer, but I do believe in giving props when they are due. I'll pour one out for the Yeagley's any day! Totally under appreciated, and they still never pushed the point... BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE !!! The Yeagley's mastered the strategy of that game, and I can only be impressed!
Pouring out a sip for jerry !

Seriously, though, how much of our team transferred from JMU, and how embarrassing is that?
It’s not at all embarrassing and what difference do transfers make anyway? Part of the job description of a college coach is to attract good players. In these days of transfer portals and NIL, any new hire at any school will bring good players with him.

3-0 and a 42-13 win on the road isn't embarrssing at all. Just shows how inept the previous staff was. Cignetti is a winner.
So true and I've made a complete ass of myself over on the FB board, trying to say the same thing in a less delicate way. Hell, I've found myself in an "argument" with Jopa Jackson. I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or honored? She's a great mom and Hoosiers!

Color me impressed.

Agree. UCLA was out gunned. Their defensive line was mush. But damn, 42-13 on the road is impressive way to welcome UCLA to the Big 10.

It’s not at all embarrassing and what difference do transfers make anyway? Part of the job description of a college coach is to attract good players. In these days of transfer portals and NIL, any new hire at any school will bring good players with him.
I'm gonna have to side with Goat on this one. The embarrassment part isn't that the JMU transfers are undeserved (hell they've already proven the exact opposite). The embarrassment is that places like IU wouldn't give them a chance to start with because they didn't fit the narrative.
The players/ students are to be awarded, the GD IU Administration is what is so much an embarrassment. Admin went hellbent to destroy everything since the knight firing. It seems that there may be a glimmer of hope now that Woody and Cig, are "correcting" that BS! We will see.

Reactions: Lucy01
I'm gonna have to side with Goat on this one. The embarrassment part isn't that the JMU transfers are undeserved (hell they've already proven the exact opposite). The embarrassment is that places like IU wouldn't give them a chance to start with because they didn't fit the narrative.
The players/ students are to be awarded, the GD IU Administration is what is so much an embarrassment. Admin went hellbent to destroy everything since the knight firing. It seems that there may be a glimmer of hope now that Woody and Cig, are "correcting" that BS! We will see.
You're not siding with me. You're being ridiculous.

I'm saying it's embarrassing that we, a Big Ten school, couldn't get these players already.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Oh, I get that. I'm not disparaging them. I'm disparaging us.
And rightfully so. The identity and culture of IU football sucked. Coach after coach, decade after decade, you got the same product in the end. This program needed a complete overhaul, with coaches and players from a winning program to instill a new identity. In a couple years the JMU guys will be gone and the IU football culture will be changed for the better.

And rightfully so. The identity and culture of IU football sucked. Coach after coach, decade after decade, you got the same product in the end. This program needed a complete overhaul, with coaches and players from a winning program to instill a new identity. In a couple years the JMU guys will be gone and the IU football culture will be changed for the better.
You are right about that culture thing. I watched an IU team yesterday that was really different in a way that I can’t really explain.

They probably weren’t even on the recruiting radar. That would be part of the embarrassment.

Here's the thing though.... every other P4 team missed on them as well.

If those transfers not being on Indiana's recruiting board is a problem, then it was a problem for every other P4 team in the nation as well.

Cig can find talent and isn't afraid to take a kid if he doesn't have a bunch of stars next to his name.

Reactions: 76-1
Here's the thing though.... every other P4 team missed on them as well.

If those transfers not being on Indiana's recruiting board is a problem, then it was a problem for every other P4 team in the nation as well.

Cig can find talent and isn't afraid to take a kid if he doesn't have a bunch of stars next to his name.
I think big time coaches are too wrapped up in recruiting ratings services, both public and confidential.

Then you have the issue of the professionals who advertise a high schooler to the big time programs. Maybe these kids just didn’t attract the attention of those guys.

We will know more after the big 10 heavyweights.

FWIW, Purdue looked awful yesterday. ND, who looked awful the week before kicked butt in every way possible.

Coach Cig is a national treasure. I don’t even care if Kamala wins and the Dems sweep so long as he can keep winning!

He would be 10x the President of either candidate.
I loved his interview. Just a super deadpan “on to the next one”

Iu football and bball are finally rocking. Fball has what looks like a no bs NB GRILLERZ coach and basketball has that shed. I really hope they feature what goes on in there this year. More inside look type stuff.

Ten years from now there’s going to be a Netflix Untold “The Shed”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT