ADVERTISEMENT

IU Fans at New Albany vs. FW North Side Game

So does your mom.
Indeed she does.
commander.jpg

I'm from Oolitic. Hoo hoo hoo....Hoooosier!
I was raised in the cream and red. I've got striped red sheets and am known for my die hard ways at the Village Pantry. I know more about Magnus Pelkowski than you could imagine. Don't question my fandom.
cream and red? doesn't sound like and IU fan.

Reactions: cmsnow84
Whatever school he chooses, he's no doubt a one and done. Impressive player and super athlete. Very fluid motion. He looks all the part of a future NBA shooting guard. If IU gets his commitment, he would be the icing on the cake of a solid class that will help the Hoosiers ascend quickly up the Big 10 standings. Yes, he could go to Kansas or Vandy, but still think the thought of having his family attend virtually every home game and a number of the Big 10 road games has to be a consideration. It mattered to Garland in the end, and I
would imagine that helps the Hoosiers. Both IU and Vandy are in rebuild mode this year, and both should be remarkably better next year with solid incoming recruits. Kansas is loaded, but the Billy Preston stuff with the car is something to watch, especially after what happened at Louisville. I hope he chooses IU. If he doesn't, I still think IU will be remarkably better next year with the incoming class and the redshirt from Minnesota.
Could possibly see another added to the class, maybe a one-year graduate transfer. You never know. You would think that if he's down to the final 3 that he might make the call sooner than later. The longer he waits, the more recruiting BS he has to deal with. More phone calls, texts, and visits from coaches, and calls from the Rivals, 24-7, Scout, and EspN folks. At some point, you would think it would get old, and he would just want to pull the trigger and get it over with, so he can focus on breaking Damon's scoring record.

Whatever school he chooses, he's no doubt a one and done. Impressive player and super athlete. Very fluid motion. He looks all the part of a future NBA shooting guard. If IU gets his commitment, he would be the icing on the cake of a solid class that will help the Hoosiers ascend quickly up the Big 10 standings. Yes, he could go to Kansas or Vandy, but still think the thought of having his family attend virtually every home game and a number of the Big 10 road games has to be a consideration. It mattered to Garland in the end, and I
would imagine that helps the Hoosiers. Both IU and Vandy are in rebuild mode this year, and both should be remarkably better next year with solid incoming recruits. Kansas is loaded, but the Billy Preston stuff with the car is something to watch, especially after what happened at Louisville. I hope he chooses IU. If he doesn't, I still think IU will be remarkably better next year with the incoming class and the redshirt from Minnesota.
Could possibly see another added to the class, maybe a one-year graduate transfer. You never know. You would think that if he's down to the final 3 that he might make the call sooner than later. The longer he waits, the more recruiting BS he has to deal with. More phone calls, texts, and visits from coaches, and calls from the Rivals, 24-7, Scout, and EspN folks. At some point, you would think it would get old, and he would just want to pull the trigger and get it over with, so he can focus on breaking Damon's scoring record.
After watching KU I would not call them loaded. Their roster this year is very thin and have been very overrated.

When I watched an interview with Romeo earlier this year I didn't think he sounded like someone coming to IU and now the Bossi article says Vandy and KU seem to be opening distance. Too bad, because there are so many pluses with IU regarding his future and opportunities available.

When I watched an interview with Romeo earlier this year I didn't think he sounded like someone coming to IU and now the Bossi article says Vandy and KU seem to be opening distance. Too bad, because there are so many pluses with IU regarding his future and opportunities available.

Yeah, I really didn't like reading that little nugget from Bossi stating that Vandy and Kansas are pulling away from IU. Long way until spring though. Lots can happen between now and then and there's no doubt that Archie will keep up the press on Romeo.

Yep, time to move on. We were just listed as a courtesy. Glass kept Crean too long and we got too late of a start with Langford.

Fortunately, TJD and Galloway look like great prospects and both have serious interest in IU. We didn’t get a late start on them. TJD basically lived on the IU campus during the summer.

Yep, time to move on. We were just listed as a courtesy. Glass kept Crean too long and we got too late of a start with Langford.

Fortunately, TJD and Galloway look like great prospects and both have serious interest in IU. We didn’t get a late start on them. TJD basically lived on the IU campus during the summer.

It’s not time to move on yet.....plenty of time left in Romeo recruitment.

I was raised in the cream and red. I've got striped red sheets and am known for my die hard ways at the Village Pantry. I know more about Magnus Pelkowski than you could imagine. Don't question my fandom.
Oolitic doesn't have a Village Pantry. Lol

Bigreddfredd = Ord = condescending smartass.
Crimson Crush = Vegas = running minor trivial details into the ground.
thanks for the info. I will watch for that in the future. Two idiots posting andi guess that I mixed them up.

Unless he is getting paid there is no reason for Romeo to go to Vanderbilt. Mediocre coach, bad team, low profile school, meh facilities. He will be a one and done wherever he goes so why not make the folks in your home state happy, play in front of 17k fans, and in high profile games?

Unless he is getting paid there is no reason for Romeo to go to Vanderbilt. Mediocre coach, bad team, low profile school, meh facilities. He will be a one and done wherever he goes so why not make the folks in your home state happy, play in front of 17k fans, and in high profile games?
Because he should do what makes him happy and not a bunch creepy adult males who is obsessing over where he is going to school.

Reactions: hoosier4life55
If I had to guess to today I feel he will go to KU. He is very good friends with Grimes who just committed and play for a HOF coach in Self. He can get everything at KU that he can at IU except for being an in state legend by going to IU.

If I had to guess to today I feel he will go to KU. He is very good friends with Grimes who just committed and play for a HOF coach in Self. He can get everything at KU that he can at IU except for being an in state legend by going to IU.

Doubtful he'll come in to KU and be the #1 scoring option, and have the chance to lead his team in scoring, contending for conference POY.

Not to mention, he's not been a HS legend in KS, with name recognition all over the state. In this day of "building your brand" much of that is already happening in the Hoosier state. But, I'm sure if his team traveled to KS to play in a tournament, the KU fans would fill the HS arena (yes, we have those in IN!) and chant KU after his final basket! ....DWS!

NO reason ??? As in not one microscopic reason whatsoever to go to Vandy ?? Maybe Romeo really LIKES Bryce Drew, as opposed to sorta liking Archie. Play in front of 17k ? What does Cameron Indoor hold ?? If he joins 2 other top 10 2018 prospects, making THREE of those on the Commodores, wouldn't there be high-profile games to come ? Make homestaters happy ? Maybe making Romeo Langford happy is the deal-maker, here, huh ???

Crap, even I know GS Thomas is a long-time fan and I don’t like IU.

Doubtful he'll come in to KU and be the #1 scoring option, and have the chance to lead his team in scoring, contending for conference POY.

Not to mention, he's not been a HS legend in KS, with name recognition all over the state. In this day of "building your brand" much of that is already happening in the Hoosier state. But, I'm sure if his team traveled to KS to play in a tournament, the KU fans would fill the HS arena (yes, we have those in IN!) and chant KU after his final basket! ....DWS!
Maybe you and I think that way but who knows what is important to Romeo.

But KU will easily give him the best chance to play for a national championship, which would seem like a pretty big deal if he’ll only be in school for a year. Vanderbilt let’s him play with two other elite freshmen and a coach whom he apparently likes quite a bit, and IU is his home state school. Not sure the home ties would be enough for most kids at his level.

But KU will easily give him the best chance to play for a national championship, which would seem like a pretty big deal if he’ll only be in school for a year. Vanderbilt let’s him play with two other elite freshmen and a coach whom he apparently likes quite a bit, and IU is his home state school. Not sure the home ties would be enough for most kids at his level.

Agreed. But, I would think most believe NBA draft stock is probably the overriding factor and if you look at top picks, few come from the NC game. So you tell me what you think NBA teams would value more: averaging 20+ and competing for B10 POY at IU, or a NC or F4 appearance and being a low double figure scorer (obviously just guessing, but he's going to have to share the ball alot more at KU or even VU no doubt). I forget, how did Ben Simmons and Markelle Fulz fair in their NC game appearances?

Reactions: IUgradman
Agreed. But, I would think most believe NBA draft stock is probably the overriding factor and if you look at top picks, few come from the NC game. So you tell me what you think NBA teams would value more: averaging 20+ and competing for B10 POY at IU, or a NC or F4 appearance and being a low double figure scorer (obviously just guessing, but he's going to have to share the ball alot more at KU or even VU no doubt). I forget, how did Ben Simmons and Markelle Fulz fair in their NC game appearances?
I think the nba values kids who can play, and I think they find them whether they’re playing for an average team or a title contender. Most kids would rather play for the contender, which is why Duke, UK, KU, UNC, etc. get them, and why it’s easy to see Langford headed there for what will likely be his only year of school. Simmons and Fulz are the exceptions, not the rule.

I think the nba values kids who can play, and I think they find them whether they’re playing for an average team or a title contender. Most kids would rather play for the contender, which is why Duke, UK, KU, UNC, etc. get them, and why it’s easy to see Langford headed there for what will likely be his only year of school. Simmons and Fulz are the exceptions, not the rule.

Not really. I've scanned the last several years. Just guesstimating, but I'd say about 20% come off F4 teams looking at the last 5 years or so. As you said, if they can play they find them, but more come off non F4 teams, than do, and I'll bet most of those had higher PPG averages because of it.

Obviously I'm biased and hope he comes to IU, but I think there are many legit considerations to argue for that besides "in-state school". That to me would be a powerful one. We're the only one of his final 3 who can honestly say we're putting the ball in his hands. All those other 5*s are going to want their shots too!

Dude, his other option is Vanderbilt. IU has been good and WILL be good. Vandy has always sucked ass.
Other option?

He has every option. He's waiting until spring so he can see how the rosters shake out at the 1 and done schools. If you think it's Vandy/IU, you're clueless.
Your a moron who knows nothing quit trolling and head back to Rupps Rafters or Gold and Black

Not really. I've scanned the last several years. Just guesstimating, but I'd say about 20% come off F4 teams looking at the last 5 years or so. As you said, if they can play they find them, but more come off non F4 teams, than do, and I'll bet most of those had higher PPG averages because of it.

Obviously I'm biased and hope he comes to IU, but I think there are many legit considerations to argue for that besides "in-state school". That to me would be a powerful one. We're the only one of his final 3 who can honestly say we're putting the ball in his hands. All those other 5*s are going to want their shots too!
If only 4 teams make it to the FF every year, that’s a pretty big percentage, and I would guess those numbers balloon even more if the sub-set is expanded to elite eight or sweet 16 or just teams typically ranked in the top 25. To me, that’s where KU’s advantage is so enormous. I’m sure it will be an interesting recruitment.

NO reason ??? As in not one microscopic reason whatsoever to go to Vandy ?? Maybe Romeo really LIKES Bryce Drew, as opposed to sorta liking Archie. Play in front of 17k ? What does Cameron Indoor hold ?? If he joins 2 other top 10 2018 prospects, making THREE of those on the Commodores, wouldn't there be high-profile games to come ? Make homestaters happy ? Maybe making Romeo Langford happy is the deal-maker, here, huh ???

Bryce Drew is not a good coach and has no track record indicating he can prepare players for the NBA. Are you telling me there is nothing dirty going on when an out of state top ten player was pursued by just one no name school? You need more than three players to win games. Vanderbilt doesn’t play on national TV often. You lose three seniors off of a crappy team and expect three freshmen playing for a meh coach to do much?

Reactions: Inequality
Bryce Drew is not a good coach and has no track record indicating he can prepare players for the NBA. Are you telling me there is nothing dirty going on when an out of state top ten player was pursued by just one no name school? You need more than three players to win games. Vanderbilt doesn’t play on national TV often. You lose three seniors off of a crappy team and expect three freshmen playing for a meh coach to do much?
Once again, Romeo Langford probably doesn't share your opinion of Bryce Drew's coaching ability, and probably wouldn't need several days to comb through Archie Miller's extensive history of preparing Dayton Flyers for the NBA. And he just might REALLY have formed a closer personal relationship with Drew compared to Miller. His friendship with Darius Garland is well-documented. But you could be right about one thing.......after all of the top-of-the-line academic institutions - Harvard, Duke, Stanford, Northwestern et al-turned out to be DIRTY in b-ball recruiting, it was just a matter of time before Vanderbilt got caught red-handed. It's outrageous ! How DARE they come between Garland, Langford, and their rightful place at one of God's chosen destinations.

Archie doesn’t go around touting himself as some elite developer of NBA talent. He also took a tiny school in a good conference to the Elite Eight. What the hell has Drew done?

Where did you come from? You obviously aren’t an IU fan. All you’ve done since you’ve been here is act like an expert on everything, while also acting like a raging jackass.
He is a Purdue ass hat. He doesn't know sh*t

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT