ADVERTISEMENT

IU faculty vote no confidence in Whitten

Censorship and cancelling is wrong regardless of which side it comes from. Especially on a college campus.

If she is doing this it is wrong and the staff calling her out for it are hypocrites.

Good Lord. Kinsey the person and the Kinsey Institute are two different things entirely. When I was at IU, the Kinsey Institute was an element of prestige for the university because there were so few centers studying human sexuality.

A helluva lot worse things are baked into this state's history that taxpayers are funding. You'd be shutting down entire towns...

Good Lord. Kinsey the person and the Kinsey Institute are two different things entirely. When I was at IU, the Kinsey Institute was an element of prestige for the university because there were so few centers studying human sexuality.

A helluva lot worse things are baked into this state's history that taxpayers are funding. You'd be shutting down entire towns...
For instance?

It's still prestigious, unless you're so scared to think or talk about anything but missionary for child bearing reasons. Which is pretty evident based on Euro's posting history.

Reactions: demunn
Do you have any proof of this factually incorrect information?
Yes.

Multiple conversations with executives & board members of multiple state-run AMCs that turned into mega IDNs over the past 10 years.

It's amazing what people shared during the height of COVID. Chief Strategy Officer of UCLA was not worried about the health system re-opening, he was worried about the school re-opening.

And UCLA didn't follow a unique footprint. OSU, UofM, University of Vermont, IU Health, Dartmouth, Yale, Duke, etc... all did the same exact thing. I also worked with a bunch of health systems trying to disrupt the stranglehold the academies, and their health systems, have on research grants, which also directly ties into pharma funding.

Look up Truveta if you want a prime example.

Why not, they do the work of educating. Without them a university has no reason to exist.
Costs going up and performance of many of the schools going down according to ratings such as U.S. News.
And it sounds like Whitten's reorganizing some approaches. That changes need made seems clear enough.

It's a tantrum by faculty. Little doubt about it. And they have so much union power they are likely in the way of improvement reforms.

If she was 100% liberal, there'd be not one peep. Of course, then reforms wouldn't be proffered either.

She seems somewhat more moderate than many.

What makes you say that? Agree or not with his support off IU's coach, why do you think Quinn can't write a few sentences?
I’d say precisely because of his support of said coach. He’s corrupt, complicit in the destruction of this program, and he deserves pretty much anything anyone wants to throw at him. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

She probably isn’t woke enough for some of the faculty.
One of the biggest complaints is her lack of fundraising, which is one of the main duties of a university president. She’s been here about 3 years and has put IU into the red. Academic departments are hurting as a result and faculty is rightfully upset.

Frankly, about the only support she has is Buckner and the BOT. Most of the staff can’t stand her, either. So, she’s at Buckner’s mercy for those thinking she has the power to get rid of him.

Reactions: nichlee and MIS01
I’d say precisely because of his support of said coach. He’s corrupt, complicit in the destruction of this program, and he deserves pretty much anything anyone wants to throw at him. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Take it easy gator guy. I'm good.

Well they took Jordan the person's name off of a street and a building (among other things), for his involvement/promoting of eugenics. Maybe we can take Kinsey's name off of the institute, as a starting compromise?

Yes.

Multiple conversations with executives & board members of multiple state-run AMCs that turned into mega IDNs over the past 10 years.

It's amazing what people shared during the height of COVID. Chief Strategy Officer of UCLA was not worried about the health system re-opening, he was worried about the school re-opening.

And UCLA didn't follow a unique footprint. OSU, UofM, University of Vermont, IU Health, Dartmouth, Yale, Duke, etc... all did the same exact thing. I also worked with a bunch of health systems trying to disrupt the stranglehold the academies, and their health systems, have on research grants, which also directly ties into pharma funding.

Look up Truveta if you want a prime example.
In no way have you shown any evidence that IU Health is owned by the state.

In no way have you shown any evidence that IU Health is owned by the state.
So if the board of the health system has 3-4 IU trustee/employees (giving them voting power) and the university is owned by the state, who controls the health system?

I know the "progessive" education has eliminated all critical thinking, but c'mon man. I'm amazed how little the public understands about how organizations are contolled. Of course it has a board. That is how all entities of any size are controlled. Elon Musk, Carl Icahn, every hedge fund manager, has shown you don't have to own much of a company to control it, you just need enough board seats.

So if the board of the health system has 3-4 IU trustee/employees (giving them voting power) and the university is owned by the state, who controls the health system?

I know the "progessive" education has eliminated all critical thinking, but c'mon man.
Can you show me where it says how many of the trustees are on teh board? Is it all? you said 3-4...I haven't seen a number. And then how many of those trustees are elected by alumni vs. appointed by the governor? I think that number is changing, but what is i tnow?

I know the "progessive" education has eliminated all critical thinking, but c'mon man. I'm amazed how little the public understands about how organizations are contolled. Of course it has a board. That is how all entities of any size are controlled. Elon Musk, Carl Icahn, every hedge fund manager, has shown you don't have to own much of a company to control it, you just need enough board seats.
Interesting take re “progressive” education and critical thinking. Totally agree. Hoosier in Mad Town. I’ve never seen you post here before. @snarlcakes follow this guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT