ADVERTISEMENT

IU a #9 seed in latest Bracketology

You don't actually believe that do you? Tom may be here next year, he may not, but a pay raise and an extension 'aint happening. Assembly Hall would be burned to the ground.

Sad to say, that would surprise me less than Trump getting elected.

Glass is thrilled with those Big Ten championships and will whine about the injuries almost as much as Tommy.

And Crean could convince him that if he doesn't get an extension, it will kill recruiting even more.

Glass knows the money people will never give up their tickets in protest.

Are you ready kids? "Aye Aye Captain"
I can't hear you! "AYE AYE CAPTAIN"
Oohh...
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
"Spongebob Squarepants"
Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!
"Spongebob Squarepants"
If nautical nonsense be something you wish
"Spongebob Squarepants"
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
"Spongebob Squarepants"
READY?
Spongebob Squarepants
Spongebob Squarepants
Spongebob Squarepants
71599c7df41e2b58c275c2b0571997d1aea2b518_m.jpg

You don't actually believe that do you? Tom may be here next year, he may not, but a pay raise and an extension 'aint happening. Assembly Hall would be burned to the ground.

Honestly, it's what I'm expecting. Modest extension, modest raise. But probably with a manageable buyout. Basically an extension for show but still easy to get rid of him in the next two or three years.

Honestly, it's what I'm expecting. Modest extension, modest raise. But probably with a manageable buyout. Basically an extension for show but still easy to get rid of him in the next two or three years.
not a contract lawyer (never played on on TV either) but I wonder if, in exchange for an extension and modest raise, an entirely new buyout structure could replace the current one? So that the $4 Mil buyout that drops to $1 Mil on 7/1/2017 is replaced with something like a $500,000 buyout EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY? Just in case, you know, "circumstances change" during and after the 17-18 season?

Sad to say, that would surprise me less than Trump getting elected.

Glass is thrilled with those Big Ten championships and will whine about the injuries almost as much as Tommy.

And Crean could convince him that if he doesn't get an extension, it will kill recruiting even more.

Glass knows the money people will never give up their tickets in protest.
I would like to see the approval rating of Crean and hope fans have the commonsense to realize its just not gonna work here and doubt it would work at any top program. Get rid of him now before he gets to comfortable and thinks its ok to finish in the bottom of the big most years as long as he takes us to the sweet 16 every four years.

Reactions: bailey777
But what is the point of keeping him as we have seen his ceiling. If we know next year we won't be a top 15 team why wait. It's insanity.

Reactions: jaypay23
But what is the point of keeping him as we have seen his ceiling. If we know next year we won't be a top 15 team why wait. It's insanity.

The only reason to wait -- assuming Glass knows Crean isn't the guy -- would be the belief that his guy isn't going to be available. It will be telling to me what happens after the season wraps.

Last edited:
If it was up to me or you he would have been canned a few years ago but some one r
Because Glass ceiling must be really low and us fans are just do
The only reason to wait -- assuming Glass knows Crean isn't the guy -- would be the belief that his guy isn't going to be available. It will telling to me what happens after the season wraps.
Glass must think Crean is doing fine and thinks its normal to have a few digruntled fans hopefully we can help rethink his horrible decision and quit supporting his project. But I guess these embarrassing losses aren't enough and we need a couple of losing seasons in a row.

I

Glass must think Crean is doing fine and thinks its normal to have a few digruntled fans hopefully we can help rethink his horrible decision and quit supporting his project. But I guess these embarrassing losses aren't enough and we need a couple of losing seasons in a row.

I have no idea what Glass' thoughts might be, but he's not a moron. He has to understand that the discontent isn't isolated to a vocal few. I tend to think the injuries of this season will weigh heavily when the year is over, unfortunately. But there's always been excuses and I'm tired hearing them.

I have no idea what Glass' thoughts might be, but he's not a moron. He has to understand that the discontent isn't isolated to a vocal few. I tend to think the injuries of this season will weigh heavily when the year is over, unfortunately. But there's always been excuses and I'm tired hearing them.
One excuse that he does not have is a 44.4 percent winning percentage in the big ten since Creans hire. I understand that the big ten can be tough but you are paying this man better than any other coach in the big.

I don't think the injuries will matter. What Glass thinks next year will look like will be more important. And it won't look near as good as it did two years ago. TPTB will see a lame duck year coming.

Their strategy is what worries me. Do they keep him if their feelers are denied or change for the sake of change? If he is kept the PR spin will be about injuries but the truth will be IU is following a plan and likely can't sell itself to its short list.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I don't think the injuries will matter. What Glass thinks next year will look like will be more important. And it won't look near as good as it did two years ago. TPTB will see a lame duck year coming.

Their strategy is what worries me. Do they keep him if their feelers are denied or change for the sake of change? If he is kept the PR spin will be about injuries but the truth will be IU is following a plan and likely can't sell itself to its short list.
Until Glass sees either a revenue or reputational hit, he won't do anything. He's way over his head as an AD.

Until Glass sees either a revenue or reputational hit, he won't do anything. He's way over his head as an AD.

Maybe. Not sure if we can say all that though. Our trajectory looked good when the extension was signed. The buyout was on par with other similarly paid coaches get. Lots of new evidence has been revealed since then. Crean hasn't built a top 25 program. Not sure of his approach but this is not lost on glass and his many bosses.

Factions within that power base are mobilized, I'd guess. Do the smart guys win? Lol

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Maybe. Not sure if we can say all that though. Our trajectory looked good when the extension was signed. The buyout was on par with other similarly paid coaches get. Lots of new evidence has been revealed since then. Crean hasn't built a top 25 program. Not sure of his approach but this is not lost on glass and his many bosses.

Factions within that power base are mobilized, I'd guess. Do the smart guys win? Lol
Devastating injury situation one year removed from a Big 10 championship. Glass won't pull the plug based on that. But he loves the passion of IU fans, especially the ones who are so easily fooled into thinking he's a competent AD.

Devastating injury situation one year removed from a Big 10 championship. Glass won't pull the plug based on that. But he loves the passion of IU fans, especially the ones who are so easily fooled into thinking he's a competent AD.

Indiana fell out of the top 25 long before those devastating injuries. They're hardly the excuse that led to the season Crean is having. Surely even Glass can recognize that.

He didn't extend after the Big Ten Title last year, even though Tom pushed for one. That tells me that maybe Fred isn't as incompetent as people might think.

Indiana fell out of the top 25 long before those devastating injuries. They're hardly the excuse that led to the season Crean is having. Surely even Glass can recognize that.

He didn't extend after the Big Ten Title last year, even though Tom pushed for one. That tells me that maybe Fred isn't as incompetent as people might think.
Did Crean push for it? I wasn't aware that he did.

Did Crean push for it? I wasn't aware that he did.

Yes he did. It was mentioned in an interview article with Glass. Possibly from a Ft. Wayne newspaper, my memory is failing me. Maybe someone with better interwebz skills than I can find it. But I know it was mentioned, because I remember thinking at the time how significant it was that Crean asked for but didn't receive said extension...

Yes he did. It was mentioned in an interview article with Glass. Possibly from a Ft. Wayne newspaper, my memory is failing me. Maybe someone with better interwebz skills than I can find it. But I know it was mentioned, because I remember thinking at the time how significant it was...

probably Journal-Gazette; they're an IU athletics slanted publication

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT