ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology

Wanna Dance?

IU a 12 seed. Sparty: First Team Out.

Discuss.
Purdue(Net 3), Illinois(14), and Wisconsin(18) are solidly in. Ohio St(32), Michigan St.(43) and Nebraska(51) have a great chance. Iowa(59), Michigan(70), Northwestern(77) and Rutgers(79) are outside looking in. Minnesota (97), Indiana (110), Penn St(136) and Maryland (142) need divine intervention!

Lunardis bracket has to be based on a forecast of what he believes will happen the rest of the way. We are obviously not worthy of a 12 seed right now.

I'm thinking we are gonna need to go 13-7 in the B1G to get in. There needs to be some quality wins in there. 1 game at a time of course but I think realistically we could win our first 6 games in conference having already won 2.

Purdue(Net 3), Illinois(14), and Wisconsin(18) are solidly in. Ohio St(32), Michigan St.(43) and Nebraska(51) have a great chance. Iowa(59), Michigan(70), Northwestern(77) and Rutgers(79) are outside looking in. Minnesota (97), Indiana (110), Penn St(136) and Maryland (142) need divine intervention!
What's Fairleigh Dickinson's NET....

Lunardis bracket has to be based on a forecast of what he believes will happen the rest of the way. We are obviously not worthy of a 12 seed right now.

I'm thinking we are gonna need to go 13-7 in the B1G to get in. There needs to be some quality wins in there. 1 game at a time of course but I think realistically we could win our first 6 games in conference having already won 2.
Lunardi has IU as an automatic qualifier, meaning he's predicting a BTT title.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill4411
What's Fairleigh Dickinson's NET....
Last year 270, this year 295! Arizona (2), Marquette(7), Tennessee (8), Alabama(11), Gonzaga (36) and Xavier (63)! All W's this year, I know you wanted to know!

Seriously question the first 6 wins prediction. Have you seen Nebraska play this year? Very different team and I believe it will be tough test on the road for the Hoosiers. Transfer portal has really changed the timeline of different team's evulutions.

Lunardi has IU as an automatic qualifier, meaning he's predicting a BTT title.

Lol. He's not predicting anything of the sort. We're currently leading the conference at 2-0 and as such are the current AQ. That's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jopajackson
The net is trash right now. Not enough sample size.

Reactions: brianiu
The net is trash right now. Not enough sample size.
Actually if you look at the AP and Coaches, you can see most of the teams ranked have high NET ranking! Some teams can improve, but need quality wins to make it. Just look at Northwestern, with their OT win over Purdue has a Net of 77, probably out of the tournament! IU at 110 Net needed to beat Kansas at home. Look at Michigan St,, 84 net before Baylor, 39 after beating them! Can't stumble against the weak teams left on schedule, because their are only a few quality BT teams!

Actually if you look at the AP and Coaches, you can see most of the teams ranked have high NET ranking! Some teams can improve, but need quality wins to make it. Just look at Northwestern, with their OT win over Purdue has a Net of 77, probably out of the tournament! IU at 110 Net needed to beat Kansas at home. Look at Michigan St,, 84 net before Baylor, 39 after beating them! Can't stumble against the weak teams left on schedule, because their are only has a few quality BT teams!
NET is P5 bias...there are a lot of Quad 1 and 2 win opportunities remaining for IU, and any other B10 school for that matter.

Potential Quad 1 Games

at Nebraska
Purdue
at Wisconsin
at Illinois
at Ohio State
at Purdue
Wisconsin

**Michigan could end up being a Quad 1 win, assuredly Quad 2

Most of the rest will likely be Quad 2 games

IU shouldn't end up with any Quad 3 or 4 losses

If IU were to finish above .500 overall in the B10, and win 2-3 more Quad 1 games, they'd be a lock for the NCAA tournament. And their NET would be in the top 50 I'm sure.

Actually if you look at the AP and Coaches, you can see most of the teams ranked have high NET ranking! Some teams can improve, but need quality wins to make it. Just look at Northwestern, with their OT win over Purdue has a Net of 77, probably out of the tournament! IU at 110 Net needed to beat Kansas at home. Look at Michigan St,, 84 net before Baylor, 39 after beating them! Can't stumble against the weak teams left on schedule, because their are only a few quality BT teams!
If one win can move you 40 spots on the list, then there isn't enough data to make an accurate list.

I'm sure you love the net, because it ranks PU highly, but we don't care. It matters in late February. Right now its useless.

Reactions: dr.jb
NET is P5 bias...there are a lot of Quad 1 and 2 win opportunities remaining for IU, and any other B10 school for that matter.

Potential Quad 1 Games

at Nebraska
Purdue
at Wisconsin
at Illinois
at Ohio State
at Purdue
Wisconsin

**Michigan could end up being a Quad 1 win, assuredly Quad 2

Most of the rest will likely be Quad 2 games

IU shouldn't end up with any Quad 3 or 4 losses

If IU were to finish above .500 overall in the B10, and win 2-3 more Quad 1 games, they'd be a lock for the NCAA tournament. And their NET would be in the top 50 I'm sure.
IU will lose 2 or 3 more home games and only win 4 max on the road!

IU will lose 2 or 3 more home games and only win 4 max on the road
7-3 at home in the B10
4-6 on the road in the B10

Depending on who the specific wins and losses are, that would get IU in the tournament as an at large, I'm sure.

Yes, that seems to be a common opinion … with losses to projected tourney entrants UConn, Auburn, and Kansas… IU needs a big result in the Big Ten regular season. The good news is the team seems to be getting better as the season has progressed.

If one win can move you 40 spots on the list, then there isn't enough data to make an accurate list.

I'm sure you love the net, because it ranks PU highly, but we don't care. It matters in late February. Right now its useless.
After tonight's performance, IU went down on Pomeroy 80 to 83!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT