ADVERTISEMENT

Its Miller Time

I did not read the article but I have a question for those that have interviewed for many jobs.
When the interviewer asks what went wrong at IU, what does Archie say?

Agree this is his excuse. And while I agree that we got unlucky with injuries, that doesn’t impact recruiting, which had fallen off.
Not to mention his absence of a personality, no ability to teach shooting nor do his players show 100% effort always

Not to mention his absence of a personality, no ability to teach shooting nor do his players show 100% effort always
I was only responding to what he would say in an interview. We all know all of the reasons why he failed, he won't mention any of those other reasons in an interview. I think the three biggest were the systems he ran (couldn't coach them and not enough good players to recruit that wanted to play in them), his personality (stubborn, inflexible, snarky, unable to generate passion) and his demonstrated inability to develop player skill sets (virtually no one improved or those who improved did it all on their own, no attribution to coaching guidance or influencing). I too hope Archie lands a job soon so the buyout will be less for the generous alum funding it.

Reactions: Jssanto
What would he say in an interview? He could accurately state that he was able to unite a fractured fan base. When he was hired, Knight supported him, and that started to unite the base, and by the time he was fired, the entire base was in agreement that he should go!

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT