ADVERTISEMENT

Was thinking a bit more about out W at Xavier

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007

Heard the announcers or somebody talk about how good Xavier has been at home and that it is a really tough place to play. So I found the above article simply searching the toughest arenas in NCAA MBB. (Hint: Xavier top 10, and yes, I know this is a few years old)

I know Xavier hasn’t really played anybody outside of IU, but Sean Miller seems to have his team playing with full effort. I feel like that W is a little underrated right now, and will look better in a few weeks. Also really looking forward to see how we stack up against UNC.

Go Hoosiers!

On the whole, it was a really good win. The collapse at the end soured it a little for me. We had played ourselves to up 8, with around 2 minutes to go, and they had a layup to beat us at the end… But you’re right, that’ll likely end up a quality Quad 1 level win. And being up 8, despite the cheap tech calls, was very impressive.

On the whole, it was a really good win. The collapse at the end soured it a little for me. We had played ourselves to up 8, with around 2 minutes to go, and they had a layup to beat us at the end… But you’re right, that’ll likely end up a quality Quad 1 level win. And being up 8, despite the cheap tech calls, was very impressive.
It sucked, but to me the difference compared to recent years and going back awhile now: they found a way to win! As ugly as it was, they found a way to win. Miller was off all game, but hit that big 3 and made both FTs, I thought X bothered them on D and made 1 of 2, so we got just enough scoring and contested that layup, which would have only tied it, right, not for the win?

But, I see that as progress. Especially on a night where, outside of XJ and TJD most everyone else (not Reneau) was off. We got nothing from the bench and nothing out of Kopp or RT, until Kopps little flurry at the end. I like how the schedule lays out: beat UNC at home and gain a little more confidence and then a split with KU and AZ would make us 3-1 in those big precon games and I think that's solid. Now we just have to do it!

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It sucked, but to me the difference compared to recent years and going back awhile now: they found a way to win! As ugly as it was, they found a way to win. Miller was off all game, but hit that big 3 and made both FTs, I thought X bothered them on D and made 1 of 2, so we got just enough scoring and contested that layup, which would have only tied it, right, not for the win?

But, I see that as progress. Especially on a night where, outside of XJ and TJD most everyone else (not Reneau) was off. We got nothing from the bench and nothing out of Kopp or RT, until Kopps little flurry at the end. I like how the schedule lays out: beat UNC at home and gain a little more confidence and then a split with KU and AZ would make us 3-1 in those big precon games and I think that's solid. Now we just have to do it!
After MR’s 2 missed FT’s we were only up 1. The layup could have beaten us

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT