ADVERTISEMENT

ITH - Indiana Highest Seeded Big Ten Team in Lunardi’s Bracketology

So IU a 3, Illinois a 6 (next highest team), and 8 teams in the tournament? Hmm

as a 3 seed that puts in the top 9-13 range which sounds about right. If this isn’t a top 15 team all season long something’s not right.

Illinois would then be the other theoretical top 25 team , just outside the top 20. I think you could probably take a dartboard and throw darts and do as good of a job as this article is doing, but I agree with the premise that IU should be close to top 10, then there’s a tier of big ten teams lower in that 7-9 seed range.

If that is how it all shakes out it will be interesting to see how many teams from the league get in.

it would be crazy to see us end the year as the only ranked Big10 team.

So IU a 3, Illinois a 6 (next highest team), and 8 teams in the tournament? Hmm

as a 3 seed that puts in the top 9-13 range which sounds about right. If this isn’t a top 15 team all season long something’s not right.

Illinois would then be the other theoretical top 25 team , just outside the top 20. I think you could probably take a dartboard and throw darts and do as good of a job as this article is doing, but I agree with the premise that IU should be close to top 10, then there’s a tier of big ten teams lower in that 7-9 seed range.

If that is how it all shakes out it will be interesting to see how many teams from the league get in.

it would be crazy to see us end the year as the only ranked Big10 team.
Still not sold on Illinois.. or Underwood's Top 10 in talent but 2nd round tourney loss system.

Still not sold on Illinois.. or Underwood's Top 10 in talent but 2nd round tourney loss system.
Yeah, and they have a lot of new parts, who knows how they fit together.

my gut tells me:
OSU and Illinois are being overrated

Wisconsin and State are being underrated.

I’m really torn on PU. Seems like they are getting more respect than their roster deserves based on losing as much as they did, but I respect painter *****

***** is the b10 going to have yet another season with physical play dominating? Seems to me that Izzo, Gard and MP have established themselves as being three of the best coaches in the conference. While State and The Badgers seem to hang their hats on defense, and really physical play (rebounding, see MSU) the team from west laffy plays a different style of plodding physical basketball. Can it stay that way, even in the age of NIL? Can the league finally break into modern basketball? Can guards finally have some success? Inquiring minds (or at least my cobwebbed soaked brain) want to know.

Yeah, and they have a lot of new parts, who knows how they fit together.

my gut tells me:

I’m really torn on PU. Seems like they are getting more respect than their roster deserves based on losing as much as they did, but I respect painter *****

***** is the b10 going to have yet another season with physical play dominating? Seems to me that Izzo, Gard and MP have established themselves as being three of the best coaches in the conference. While State and The Badgers seem to hang their hats on defense, and really physical play (rebounding, see MSU) the team from west laffy plays a different style of plodding physical basketball. Can it stay that way, even in the age of NIL? Can the league finally break into modern basketball? Can guards finally have some success? Inquiring minds (or at least my cobwebbed soaked brain) want to know.
I think guards(of course) will be the difference. Who’s guards will do enough to win?

Reactions: .Gerdis

OSU has a lot of younger talent (most of which will be reserve) and some physical experienced perimeter players. They lack on the interior still, undersized, but the defense should be much better than last year. It's going to be a slow defensive team.

MSU doesn't have a thug in the post They need Sissoko or Kohler (fr) to step up and foul TF out of people or they may have a hole in the middle. They're also missing an all conference type player. Someone needs to breakout.. Atkins, Hoggard, Brooks are all capable of it.. I think they're maybe .. underrated.

Wisconsin .... this is the year. The best player they bring back is a hustling role player. Questionable at every other position ... while the teams above need spots, Wisc needs almost every spot to improve except the noted hustle glue guy. They need multiple players stepping up or another Davis.

Gard hasn't recruited or developed at the same level as Ryan did .. the last few years have been bleak on the recruiting/transfer front. Eventually it will have an impact .. see Virginia last year.

I'm wondering if Underwood is going to go with a five out spread offense with five shooters on the floor at the same time .. that's his best offensive lineup. I would bet they lead the league in 3pt attempts regardless ..

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott and .Gerdis
Wisconsin .... this is the year. The best player they bring back is a hustling role player. Questionable at every other position ... while the teams above need spots, Wisc needs almost every spot to improve except the noted hustle glue guy. They need multiple players stepping up or another Davis.

Gard hasn't recruited or developed at the same level as Ryan did .. the last few years have been bleak on the recruiting/transfer front. Eventually it will have an impact .. see Virginia last year.

I'm wondering if Underwood is going to go with a five out spread offense with five shooters on the floor at the same time .. that's his best offensive lineup. I would bet they lead the league in 3pt attempts regardless ..
Crazy when you consider Wisconsin, and their ability to close last year. Davis was so huge for them in helping them be too 5 (?) in “luck” last year. Take his ability to close off of last years team and the results “should “ have been much, much worse.

Still, seems like I’ve seen this movie before. If any team has a Murray/Davis breakout , why not Wisconsin. I just can’t bet against their ability to exceed expectations.

remember this guy:

edit: sorry, it’s a terrible url to point to….yet, I’m trying to make a point out of my pineappled ole cranium: point being, they have had some success in guys going nuclear in their development.

Reactions: T.M.P.
IU’s rep. looks improved from last time … Let’s play our way into a top 8 seed.

Crazy when you consider Wisconsin, and their ability to close last year. Davis was so huge for them in helping them be too 5 (?) in “luck” last year. Take his ability to close off of last years team and the results “should “ have been much, much worse.

Still, seems like I’ve seen this movie before. If any team has a Murray/Davis breakout , why not Wisconsin. I just can’t bet against their ability to exceed expectations.

remember this guy:

edit: sorry, it’s a terrible url to point to….yet, I’m trying to make a point out of my pineappled ole cranium: point being, they have had some success in guys going nuclear in their development.
Davis was a unicorn.

This year, is the year.... vbg

Wisconsin during Ryan may not have had one and done but they had multiple top 100's every year with a few top 40/20's thrown in playing key parts. Plus they developed additional players on top of the recruiting. He did do more with less talent, relative to great recruiting teams, but he wasn't talent lacking.

Experience played, youth sat and learned.. they always had someone waiting in the wings.

Gard ... this year .. doesn't have developed youth, hasn't recruited well in the last four years, not one top 100 player on roster, and doesn't have any notable experience. The two transfers they have are from low majors who didn't exactly produce at that level ...

I want to see them burn ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT