ADVERTISEMENT

It’s early for this…

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
…but in a couple weeks I’d love to hear IU holdovers talk about the differences they’ve experienced so far in off season training and Spring practices this year vs last year. Examples of how different operations, feedback, technique training, etc. are under CCC compared to CTA would be fascinating.

…but in a couple weeks I’d love to hear IU holdovers talk about the differences they’ve experienced so far in off season training and Spring practices this year vs last year. Examples of how different operations, feedback, technique training, etc. are under CCC compared to CTA would be fascinating.
The interviews by Jacob Magum-Farrar & Mike Katic address that situation. Very encouraging.

I think the JMF and Katic Q&A from today was very informative. Sounds like a lot of focus on quality over quantity, which CCC has talked about. JMF talked more about the players holding themselves to a higher standard than last year and part of that is the demand from the coaches to hold to a higher standard.

Sounds a little more old school coaching, if you make a mistake they run it again to you get it right where last year may have been acknowledge the error but fix it for the next time. I think we will see a lot more attention to details with this staff which in turn should help fix a lot of those stupid mistakes we say the past few years.

I think the JMF and Katic Q&A from today was very informative. Sounds like a lot of focus on quality over quantity, which CCC has talked about. JMF talked more about the players holding themselves to a higher standard than last year and part of that is the demand from the coaches to hold to a higher standard.

Sounds a little more old school coaching, if you make a mistake they run it again to you get it right where last year may have been acknowledge the error but fix it for the next time. I think we will see a lot more attention to details with this staff which in turn should help fix a lot of those stupid mistakes we say the past few years.
Allen's teams had their fair share of inexcusable penalties. That's one area that Cignetti needs to address and clean up. Special teams under Allen were constantly flagged for various gaffes.

Allen's teams had their fair share of inexcusable penalties. That's one area that Cignetti needs to address and clean up. Special teams under Allen were constantly flagged for various gaffes.
2 of 5 areas I hold highest hope for Cignetti and staff culture and coaching influence with dynamic results. IUFB many times either couldn't achieve a big play or allowed opponents the opportunity to enjoy 1 because of those sufferings. Accomplish correcting those 2 deficiencies this season adds 1 more W. Maybe against a high ranked outfit.

Sounds a little bit like high school coaching. Or common sense coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT