ADVERTISEMENT

Israel under attack from Hamas

Are you including the illegal immigration figures in there? How is that a requirement of a superpower?
Lazy of me, I was really looking at the Ukraine numbers, but the immigrant numbers are still part of the picture.

Also, for the record, I'm not granting those numbers are even accurate. Just saying it's part and parcel of being who we are.

From ISW 10/6
  • Lebanon: The IDF continued clearing Lebanese Hezbollah infrastructure around Maroun al Ras and Odaisseh. The IDF also created a third military zone in the Upper Galilee, amid Israeli reports that the IDF will expand its ground operations into Lebanon.
Perhaps the Israeli’s are also making sure they can’t be attacked from rear when the assaults really start. Recent IDF casualties in Lebanon are often reported as ambushes (to my best recollection).

On the first anniversary of the most barbaric attack on innocent Americans and Israelis in decades, idiots take to the American streets and celebrate the barbarism. We can’t ever be a superpower with military might alone if the citizens can’t agree how to use that might.

This has nothing to do with opposing Israel’s response. These American demonstrators support the barbarians. They don’t even understand they prolong the bloodshed with these images.

Reactions: 76-1
On the first anniversary of the most barbaric attack on innocent Americans and Israelis in decades, idiots take to the American streets and celebrate the barbarism. We can’t ever be a superpower with military might alone if the citizens can’t agree how to use that might.

This has nothing to do with opposing Israel’s response. These American demonstrators support the barbarians. They don’t even understand they prolong the bloodshed with these images.
Link?

Still no sympathy for the "Palestinians". Ship them to Iran.

If the Pro-Palestine movement did NOT then, and do NOT now, support the atrocities of October 7th, why did they stage rallies on the 1-year anniversary of that terrible date?

There is a pretty prominent post that showed up where someone out in Twitter land had asked, "What do you think decolonization looks like?" They were fine with the violence. To be fair, I am also fine with the (restrained) violence that Israel has shown in dealing with this issue. The world is a messy place and nobody is perfect. That being said, generally the "colonizers", as these leftists would label them, are currently the better civilization. Even with their warts. Now in some instances (think South Africa or Rhodesia) I can see why the native populace wasn't so happy with the status quo. That being said, the racism component not withstanding, other things appeared "better" in those countries under the colonial rule. And yeah I know, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play....

I think the whole decolonize movement is stupid because in their fervor to end colonialism, they end up trying to remove everything that came with it along with it because of the brutal treatment it took to make the native populations get in line. The thing is, some of those things they were getting in line for were superior to what was there before.

And just to save some people time, "That's racist!" If that is all you have to contribute in response, save us both the time since I did it for you and I feel that is a non-responsive response.

Reactions: Spartans9312
There is a pretty prominent post that showed up where someone out in Twitter land had asked, "What do you think decolonization looks like?" They were fine with the violence. To be fair, I am also fine with the (restrained) violence that Israel has shown in dealing with this issue. The world is a messy place and nobody is perfect. That being said, generally the "colonizers", as these leftists would label them, are currently the better civilization. Even with their warts. Now in some instances (think South Africa or Rhodesia) I can see why the native populace wasn't so happy with the status quo. That being said, the racism component not withstanding, other things appeared "better" in those countries under the colonial rule. And yeah I know, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play....

I think the whole decolonize movement is stupid because in their fervor to end colonialism, they end up trying to remove everything that came with it along with it because of the brutal treatment it took to make the native populations get in line. The thing is, some of those things they were getting in line for were superior to what was there before.

And just to save some people time, "That's racist!" If that is all you have to contribute in response, save us both the time since I did it for you and I feel that is a non-responsive response.
I’m not sure this is a debate one can have within academia or a progressive school anymore. It’s an axiom of the belief system that colonialism was evil within anti-racist/woke ideology (ironically highlighting that they contradict their underlying professed cosmopolitan relativism).

I think we need to be careful, though, in at least three ways:

1. Being a better society or having better norms (I define better pragmatically and from a humanist perspective) doesn’t give you carte blanche to do anything to impose your norms on others. If you use an ends-justify-means approach, you risk losing the very characteristic that made your society better in the first place.

2. Norms might be better or worse but probably should be judged within a range of reasonableness and need to be balanced with the value of local rule;

3. Every society’s ruling class thinks their society is a good one. This leads to another point—few (maybe no) societies want rules imposed by another society and the pushback will be strong and violent.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT