ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the attitude required to win?

Nintendo Eating GIF

Kirby and Ga should be given the death penalty for this! Maybe vacate the NC trophy! Some millennials feelings have been hurt because of it! They should LEO🥴.
Not mine though, id actually prefer this type of coaching. This is the type of coach I would be. Instead of LEO it should be FEO! You should know what the F stands for so I wont spell it out because Itll hurt someone feelings if I do! Boohoo!

Kirby and Ga should be given the death penalty for this! Maybe vacate the NC trophy! Some millennials feelings have been hurt because of it! They should LEO🥴.
Not mine though, id actually prefer this type of coaching. This is the type of coach I would be. Instead of LEO it should be FEO! You should know what the F stands for so I wont spell it out because Itll hurt someone feelings if I do! Boohoo!
No thanks on FEO. I only like the ladies. You do you though.

less LEO. more this. please
You would just laugh and say how disgusting it was if they told you this was CTA. People love to make fun of CTA for his intensity in pregame but the team seems to play hard for him. All of that profanity is not necessary. Georgia was plain and simple the better team. The results had zero to do with the profane rant.

More swearing, less LEO.

There are studies that have been conducted that demonstrate several benefits to dropping expletives.

Funny, coach Allen says the same thing [without swearing] and people criticism him saying he is a clown. I guess it just depends on the level of success of the team determines how fans see the coach.
Thank you for this! I was thinking the same thing listening to it. From the other comments on the thread, it appears that people don't actually care that CTA sounds like a lunatic in the locker room, it's that he's not a profane lunatic.

*NOTE* I have zero problem with profanity.

We swore like no one else when I was in the Marines yet I came and cut it out completely when at home on leave. The occasional swear word may grab someone's attention but it isn't necessary to get players to play hard as I never swore around my player or coaches.

We swore like no one else when I was in the Marines yet I came and cut it out completely when at home on leave. The occasional swear word may grab someone's attention but it isn't necessary to get players to play hard as I never swore around my player or coaches.
He acted like a real ahole on the sidelines the whole game, imo. A hugely successful ahole obviously. I wish him nothing but the worst, other than his health,

Reactions: vesuvius13
I have spent considerable time with Mack Brown, Matt Wells, Joey McGuire, and now a little time with Tom Allen (along with their coordinators/coaches). Coach Allen seems to run a cleaner program than the rest of that group...but he is not far off from where Mack and Matt were. Now some of them had "hammers" on their staff that took care of the business those guys were not comfortable dealing with. May be the case here? Not sure.

Bottom line - you can win and win big running a clean program. It does take some dogs in certain position groups that will set a tone with their peers and handle things internally when someone is not meeting a standard. I do like the fact we got a couple of guys from Tech that have been a part of the turnaround there...we probably have some more guys like that; I am just not aware of them yet.

@vesuvius13 - thank you for your service.

so you don't like naughty words. these are young men. you think they've never heard them before?

I have spent considerable time with Mack Brown, Matt Wells, Joey McGuire, and now a little time with Tom Allen (along with their coordinators/coaches). Coach Allen seems to run a cleaner program than the rest of that group...but he is not far off from where Mack and Matt were. Now some of them had "hammers" on their staff that took care of the business those guys were not comfortable dealing with. May be the case here? Not sure.

Bottom line - you can win and win big running a clean program. It does take some dogs in certain position groups that will set a tone with their peers and handle things internally when someone is not meeting a standard. I do like the fact we got a couple of guys from Tech that have been a part of the turnaround there...we probably have some more guys like that; I am just not aware of them yet.
so what is a CLEAN program?

so you don't like naughty words. these are young men. you think they've never heard them before?
I don’t think he’s clutching pearls or anything. Just not his bag.

Like I said, I’m indifferent to profanity. In my mind, as long as it’s not a slur of some kind or said to a person with ill intent it’s just for emphasis. Like, if I’m okay with my 3rd grader saying he doesn’t like Jimmy at school because he’s mean, I don’t have a reason to be upset to say he doesn’t like Jimmy because he’s an asshole. Means the same thing, just words.

With that said, most people are uncomfortable having someone cussing a blue streak in front of strangers. This being a private locker room speech, no big deal, but I can see how one may not want to do something to encourage the guys to act like that in public.

I'll take winning. If profanity is needed to get more of it fire away. Hell if it takes the home crowd dropping f bombs, let's go.

That being said I've found if you are the bully you don't have to say much. Just carry the big stick

You would just laugh and say how disgusting it was if they told you this was CTA. People love to make fun of CTA for his intensity in pregame but the team seems to play hard for him. All of that profanity is not necessary. Georgia was plain and simple the better team. The results had zero to do with the profane rant.
People? Did you actually watch Tom’s pre-bucket game speech? Half the players slept thru it and the other half rolled their eyes. It was hardly motivational.

@vesuvius13 - thank you for your service.
Thanks for the compliment and we won a State Championship without any coach swearing to set the example for teenagers that include poor families and number of inner-city players. I also gave an example to care about others like bringing up a good man that cleaned the locker room. I asked him to come up when I was talking to the team and threw down wadded tape and told the guy to pick it up. He was such a good man he started to do that and I said no and I picked it up along with putting it in the garbage can. I explain what they were doing to good people if they didn't do it. Our players kept the locker room spotless even got a bucket and mop to clean up the muddy floor when it was rainy. I didn't tell them to do that they took it on their own.

Most people need to understand that most conservatives like me care about others and no matter where kids come from most want to do the right thing. I had one very talent QB from the inner city that committed armed robbery and got caught. When I got calls from him from prison, he told me I would never have done that if you were still my coach; the new coach didn't do those things because he didn't want to have anything from the past because he was going to win more than we did. Yet, he never on a sectional much less a higher championship level.

Last edited:
People? Did you actually watch Tom’s pre-bucket game speech? Half the players slept thru it and the other half rolled their eyes. It was hardly motivational.
It was motivational no matter how the players responded because they understood coach Allen and played hard until Williams went out and the QB they didn't want to play for, just like Palmbeach said.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
It was motivational no matter how the players responded because they understood coach Allen and played hard until Williams went out and the QB they didn't want to play for.
Are you saying that the players quit playing hard because Bazelak was the quarterback? Really?

• Haha
Reactions: mk30
It was motivational no matter how the players responded because they understood coach Allen and played hard until Williams went out and the QB they didn't want to play for, just like Palmbeach said.
End results. Pretty sure we don't have the damn bucket because they played hard for a few minutes. And I've said it before, but you and your beach buddy need to get a room somewhere and stop this never-ending public display of affection.

Reactions: IUgradman
Are you saying that the players quit playing hard because Bazelak was the quarterback? Really?
I've never understood how this board 1000% blames Bazelak for everything wrong with IU, while he got the coaches blessing for being the starter, but yet they want to chastise the ones who want to blame the coaches. Double standards are fine I guess if you post more than others.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I've never understood how this board 1000% blames Bazelak for everything wrong with IU, while he got the coaches blessing for being the starter, but yet they want to chastise the ones who want to blame the coaches. Double standards are fine I guess if you post more than others.
The staff made the CB decision very early, despite the coach speak about “QB competition” we were not going to see two QBs as some claimed here.

CB struggled in every aspect especially given the OL situation.

Tuttle was voted Captain.

This was not CB’s fault.

End results. Pretty sure we don't have the damn bucket because they played hard for a few minutes. And I've said it before, but you and your beach buddy need to get a room somewhere and stop this never-ending public display of affection.
You don’t like it because we agree on most things. What is the problem with that? Also I respect him because one he was a coach and two he has done something that not many people have done and won a state championship. If you have ever coached before you understand the many nuances that it takes to win. Just saying you want to win doesn’t make it happen like many on here think happens. I am sorry that you don’t see that.

You don’t like it because we agree on most things. What is the problem with that? Also I respect him because one he was a coach and two he has done something that not many people have done and won a state championship. If you have ever coached before you understand the many nuances that it takes to win. Just saying you want to win doesn’t make it happen like many on here think happens. I am sorry that you don’t see that.
I see it. I know it. I’ve lived it. Coached for many years. Studied it for almost all of my 64 years. I’m all in on IU football. Started going to games as a little kid playing on the knothole hill.

I’d love to see Allen have success as much as any coach we’ve ever had. But his antics drive me nuts. It’s hard to imagine how players have composure under duress when the coach spazzes out constantly. Make sense?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT