ADVERTISEMENT

Is the path cleared for traditional Republicans?

There’s a lot to be said for this. I believe the Founders had the idea of the citizen-politician. Do your term and then go back to your real life. No career politicians.

I’d seriously consider the idea of every office being for one term. No more spending so much time grabbing the campaign dollars. No more seniority, where someone like Pelosi can force newbies to vote her way if the newbie ever hopes to have future influence and success working for his/her constituents.

Politics now seems as if it’s a career for grifters and con men and women.
Then you would put even more power into the hands of the unelected bureaucrats who already have an outsized influence.

Reactions: UncleMark
Finally squared.... They have to have that invisible DC tear drop tattooed under their left eye, proving elegance to DC. Once you have that Invisible DC Tat, you are a made Politician. And don't think that there are actually two gangs... There is not!
Joe, DANC. & Stoll, think I understand your concerns about D.C.

Have my doubts as well.

Where we might differ is my doubts about the Super Majority in the Indiana State Legislature. I've often said we tend to exaggerate the importance of the government on the Potomac and forget how vital state and local governments are on our daily lives (crime, education, roads, garbage, to name a few).

Reactions: DANC

Have my doubts as well.

Where we might differ is my doubts about the Super Majority in the Indiana State Legislature. I've often said we tend to exaggerate the importance of the government on the Potomac and forget how vital state and local governments are on our daily lives (crime, education, roads, garbage, to name a few).
I've been so focused on the Potomac, that I will readily admit that I've turned a blind eye to Indy. I need to do better.

Reactions: hoot1

Have my doubts as well.

I agree with you regarding DC vs state and local politics.

Are you unhappy with our state government at this time?

Ehhh, I’d rather violate the new Abercrombie and Fitch girl.

FbqtewKX0AMBspe
Looks like a pro abortion protester to me!

• Haha
Post in thread 'Why are Pubs attracted to Turkish autocrats?' https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...cted-to-turkish-autocrats.223670/post-3532943

Found the one easily but not the other. So, I will retract the word multiple.
My apologies, good sir.
(There, now you have your "multiple".)

I do remember thinking you were from St. Louis, because your avatar was a shot of the Gateway Arch. Not sure if I apologized for that, but after reading mcm666's posts, I probably owe you one.
:cool:

Have my doubts as well.

I look at the Federal government as setting the direction of the country - the strategic part.

State government affects our lives more directly - the tactical part.

Both need competent, honest, people running them, including politicians a bureaucrats.

Indiana state government is pretty good when you compare it to other states.

North Carolina, where I live now, seem antiquated, by comparison.
No disagreement (although I don't know NC), but I shouldn't allow DC to absorb total attention. It's should be obvious that I thing the wheel have totally fallen off of DC, went over the cliff and killed a bus load of Nun's, but State and local should be worthy of more than 0% of my (our) attention.

My apologies, good sir.
(There, now you have your "multiple".)

I do remember thinking you were from St. Louis, because your avatar was a shot of the Gateway Arch. Not sure if I apologized for that, but after reading mcm666's posts, I probably owe you one.
:cool:

Changed avatar when we hired Archie. Thought a woody avatar would be inappropriate. Lived in Bloomington for 20 years.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Good point. If Romney or any busch is nominated, I will vote any D, ANY. Also the Dem's have a chance if they actually run John McCain as a D. 2020 has already proven that they now have a great play book on how to run someone from below ground.
So you would take your ball and go home.

I don't fit in with either party. I don't like party politics and think it is bad for the country.

But, I mean, there are people in the US who probably think Stalin was on the right track. If they all flock to the Dems, does that mean the Dems are bad? There are 750,000 registered sex offenders in the U.S. Should we poll them, and if we find out they overwhelmingly support one party over another, then use that against the people who are in that party?
If the leader of the party was saying things that attract sex offenders , then yes. Trump says things that draw groups like Naxis, Proud Boys, QAnons, etc. .You know this. Stand Back and Stand By, rather than condemning violence?

If the leader of the party was saying things that attract sex offenders , then yes. Trump says things that draw groups like Naxis, Proud Boys, QAnons, etc. .You know this. Stand Back and Stand By, rather than condemning violence?
Naxi people (纳西族), an ethnic group mainly living in southwest provinces of China.

Wow Trump is really reaching a wide base apparently?

• Haha
Hilarious .. nothing strikes fear into flaccid old men like women with power. When they take power they're going to line you up then laugh at your peen ... is that what you're afraid of? "The squad" ... lmao ..........
Nothing says more about anyone in this thread than the fact that all You see when you look at her is a woman. Not someone with ideas, or policies, or the power to affect change in a manner not everyone agrees with. What a hypocrite….

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT