ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

Labor force participation for black workers is currently higher than that of white workers.
That statistic doesn’t mean what you think it does, but that’s okay. No one here expects you to be able to interpret data.

I’m not sure how we got into discussing black people vs white people but I’ll simply point out that with a median white age in the U.S. of 44 and median black age of 35. The fact that their labor force participation rate are equal is rather baffling.

We have a bunch of aging boomers retiring early which of course yanks down the White participation rate. Why the black rate is so low with such a younger population is inexplicable.

i‘m glad they fly those flags. When my niece was looking at new places she wouldn’t even go in if the neighborhood had lots of Trump flags. Supposedly real estate agents even asked neighbors to take them down and gave incentives to do so.
Yeah, sure. I'm sure that's a true story....... lmao

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
No, lots of flags you might fly wouldn't reflect well on you. The flat-Earther flag. The Pedo flag. Good old stars-n-bars Confederate flag. They all represent free speech, so the last thing I would want done is to take away your right to fly them. But remember, flying them has consequences, when they make you look like a moron.
Not everyone rocks the Rainbow flag like you do.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
It is a fair question until you look at the facts on the ground. If the impact of global warming is primarily on developing countries, why should the US bother to reduce its use of its resources? That's a fair question too.

The reason is we're all inhabitants of this planet, developed or not. And the warming is global . . . southwestern US, Iran, Europe, Africa . . . you name it, it's warming.

Timing may be a bitch . . . but it is what it is. There are other potential ways to compensate for the loss of development using one's own "resources". Who's to say that those are the only, cheapest "resources"? With an infrastructure based on new technologies, wouldn't the developing have a leg up on the rest of us? That may be sufficient compensation. All oil and coal do is capture energy from the sun indirectly . . . why not do that directly?
What was the cost of installing your solar panels & have you been able to go off of the grid completely?

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Tapper mentioned to DeSantis that a poll showed "woke" as the number 9 issue facing voters, DeSantis said, "Not everyone really knows what wokeness is." I said in the thread about Vivek, that isn't going to be a decisive issue. First, are there any Republican candidates out demanding woke be policy? How does it distinguish one from the pack. Second, as Clinton's campaign once said, "it's the economy stupid". If tomorrow some town had a notice that a very wealthy person would give a million dollars to one home flying an unaltered rainbow flag the next day, that town would be awash with rainbow flags. Personal economy is the right bower in politics.

If woke were something the party was divided on, I could see it being an ace. But it isn't. Is there a single Republican candidate that wants trans women competing against cis women in sports?

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I want to know where people live where they see all these Trump flags. I don't see hardly any around where I live and I travel around Indiana quite a bit and you do see random ones here and there, but entire neighborhoods full of them? Give me a break.
It's mass Trump hysteria. Someone said it, so they believe it. Dupes.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I want to know where people live where they see all these Trump flags. I don't see hardly any around where I live and I travel around Indiana quite a bit and you do see random ones here and there, but entire neighborhoods full of them? Give me a break.
I might have utilized a little dramatic exceptionalism, I've not seen more than 2 in the last 6 weeks actually. :)

Wait for 2024 and then go look.

Will never have a political sign in my yard.

Keeping neighbors as friends is important and politics is way down on my list of importance.
I won't have a national political sign in my yard. Maybe not even a candidate's sign . . . we did have a local ballot issue sign in the yard this last election . . . completely the diametrically opposing view of our neighbor's signs . . . didn't matter one whit in our relationships . . . .

This is true. Whenever I drive through worst neighborhoods in Chicago you see quite a lot of Biden/ Harris signs. Democratic yard signs in my neck of the woods are a sure sign the area is a bombed out violent hellhole.

That and the folks milling in front of the liquor store at 1 PM on a Wednesday.
Doubtful. Very doubtful. I’m sure you see Biden signs and flags at the liquor store. Do better trolling

Reactions: outside shooter
Rainbow Gay GIF by York University

Nope, your lefty cultist fly these flags all year around. They’re the mirror image of hardcore Trumpers, but not as funny. The only question is which group looks worse with very little clothing?
No they don’t.

I won't have a national political sign in my yard. Maybe not even a candidate's sign . . . we did have a local ballot issue sign in the yard this last election . . . completely the diametrically opposing view of our neighbor's signs . . . didn't matter one whit in our relationships . . . .

Sope, what was the issue and why did your neighbors disagree with you ?

Sope, what was the issue and why did your neighbors disagree with you ?
Local ballot initiative was for the making of a city in our part of the county. It was a GOP-led initiative that would have raised taxes in year 2 and beyond. The backers sold it as a "taxes neutral" in the first year initiative.

I said "no" to the initiative. Neighbors bought the line about the initiative being revenue neutral . . . and assumed that feature was permanent.

Doubtful. Very doubtful. I’m sure you see Biden signs and flags at the liquor store. Do better trolling
You’ve come back from your hiatus somehow even angrier and less substantive. A break from this place is healthy I think. I sometimes even force myself into them by insulting moderators.

Usually I come back with the POV that nothing said here really matters so no need to get angry about it.

But it seems your hiatus has had the opposite effect. Somehow your real life is even more miserable than this cesspool. Which makes me pity you.

DeSantis went on Jake Tapper last night. Tapper is mostly fair compared to his CNN counter parts but still by far the most hostile interview he’s accepted since announcing. Next week he’s going on Megyn Kelly, another who will press him.

Hopefully this is a build up to taking on more hostile media hits. He is smarter than these people, he had the track record. Take the fight to them.

The next nominee will be a fighter, and Trump still is viewed as the most aggressive fighter.
He didn't really answer Tapper's questions, and when Tapper pointed out that Jack Smith prosecuted two Dem politicians (Menendez and Edwards) prior to his current role of prosecuting Trump, (which DeSantis idiotically claims is politically motivated) DeSantis ignored that inconvenient fact. He launched into some nonsense babble about "going after your political opponents" when he has no actual basis to even define Smith's political affiliation. He then compounds that with more babble about "stretching statutes"...

A weird line of criticism considering how dedicated DeSantis has been in going after his political opponents, and businesses and schools who don't fall in line with his authoritarian measures. I guess Ron will be able to go back to screwing up FL by this time next year, since he conspired with his cronies in the Legislature to change FL law so he wouldn't be unemployed after he loses...

It appears he may be trying to help out some of the actors on strike, by hiring them to appear to be lone protestors at some of his events. I can't even fathom the reason someone would appear at a DeSantis event and issue a threat towards "kids". But it sure gives Ron the opportunity to give the same nearly identical reaction/speech for a new crowd...

But hey if it gives his craziness exposure to a wider audience, then I'm for it. Especially when it allows someone like General Hertling to demolish his anti-woke nonsense so brilliantly...

Same in calif. Farmers all state and State Farm not writing new home owners bc of wildfire’s catastrophic risk. But what’s the answer in these states? We don’t control the world’s climate
Honestly, I think the only answer for Cali is state-run homeowners insurance. Or at least separate wildfire protection from other catastrophes and make that state-run, and let people shop for coverage for the other stuff on the market.

Although it was for wildly different reasons, policy considerations eventually dictated that a private worker's comp system didn't really make sense, and so we decided to make that a state-run insurance program. So there's precedent for coming to that conclusion.

You’ve come back from your hiatus somehow even angrier and less substantive. A break from this place is healthy I think. I sometimes even force myself into them by insulting moderators.

Usually I come back with the POV that nothing said here really matters so no need to get angry about it.

But it seems your hiatus has had the opposite effect. Somehow your real life is even more miserable than this cesspool. Which makes me pity you.
Oh yeah, my life is really miserable. Was on vacation at the lake for two weeks with spotty internet. Sorry you missed me, Heading to CO pretty soon, and will be without for a few days then too. This miserable life of mine….

So you still can't stand each other?

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
Honestly, I think the only answer for Cali is state-run homeowners insurance. Or at least separate wildfire protection from other catastrophes and make that state-run, and let people shop for coverage for the other stuff on the market.

Although it was for wildly different reasons, policy considerations eventually dictated that a private worker's comp system didn't really make sense, and so we decided to make that a state-run insurance program. So there's precedent for coming to that conclusion.
Railroad workers

Oh yeah, my life is really miserable. Was on vacation at the lake for two weeks with spotty internet. Sorry you missed me, Heading to CO pretty soon, and will be without for a few days then too. This miserable life of mine….
Domestic travel is not an indication of a happy life.

How are your kids?

How is your spouse?

Do you have anyone in your life that you care about more than you care about yourself? Anyone that cares about you in that way?

Do you know my friend Joe?

Hopefully bud light doesn't have any real estate in Florida.

"Wherever there is wokeness, you will find me. Wherever there is hurt feelings, I'll be there. Wherever whiteness is threatened, you will find...Herr Desantis!"

Three Amigos GIF

We already have separate policies for earthquake and flood coverage that are government-administered in some way. I could see wildfires being next.

He's part of the movement to sabotage the brand, and then wants to sue the brand for underperforming.
Do you think Desantis will demand lawsuits against the managers of that state employee pension fund for purchasing an unsuitable investment in the first place?

Surely, those pension managers knew there was an element of social risk that would affect any investment in an alcoholic beverage company.

Maybe they should have just bought bank C.D.s or bond funds.

Do you think Desantis will demand lawsuits against the managers of that state employee pension fund for purchasing an unsuitable investment in the first place?

Surely, those pension managers knew there was an element of social risk that would affect any investment in an alcoholic beverage company.

Maybe they should have just bought bank C.D.s or bond funds.
Crypto, they should have bought crypto.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT