ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stick a fork in DeSantis?

I think it’s safe to say this was a complete failure. And I’m not sure he has.a future in presidential politics, because the guy has no charisma.

Disney pulls back huge development plans. Jobs evaporate. Thanks Ron!

Here comes the Disney fire sale. Who wants something?

QzsJyqk.png

This was a terrible decision by RonRon. ****ed up big time

Seems like a dumb move, but not sure it will really cost Ron. What’s costing him is Trump not dropping dead.

Disney is stupidly alienating some of its core customer base too. No reason for either to get into this type of nonsense over cultural differences.

Seems like a dumb move, but not sure it will really cost Ron. What’s costing him is Trump not dropping dead.

Disney is stupidly alienating some of its core customer base too. No reason for either to get into this type of nonsense over cultural differences.

It's a terrible move for the state of Florida.

On one hand Ron has demonized the states biggest tourist draw to maga republicans. On the other he's made Florida a personal FU from liberals.

Not to mention there's what, three civil liberties groups telling it's people that Florida is toxic to them thanks to Desantis.

So yeah, it's not difficult to figure out why tourism is down sharply in Florida this summer.

It's a terrible move for the state of Florida.

On one hand Ron has demonized the states biggest tourist draw to maga republicans. On the other he's made Florida a personal snub to hard core liberals.

Not to mention there's what, three civil liberties groups telling it's people that Florida is toxic to them thanks to Desantis.

So yeah, it's not difficult to figure out why tourism is down sharply in Florida this summer.

Lol wut? Florida tourism is down in the summer? Since when do people go there during the summer?

It was literally at record levels from Jan - Mar.

Next you’ll question why MSP tourism is down in the winter.

I hope more Alphabet members boycott. Makes it that much more of a pleasant retreat.

Also Florida job creation YoY within the top 10.

Lol wut? Florida tourism is down in the summer? Since when do people go there during the summer?

I hope more Alphabet members boycott. Makes it that much more of a pleasant retreat.

People go there in the summer because school is out and it’s much cheaper and less crowded than spring break or Christmas.

Glutton for punishment I guess. Have you been to Orlando in July?

Hint: don’t wear a white shirt
Oh I would never. It’s why I’d never live there. Addendum: I’d struggle through if the family decided to take the littles to Disney then, but I pray that won’t happen.

It will be interesting to see how much of Florida’s recent success was due to people fleeing biomedical security state’s and how much will be sustained.

DeSantis did a masterful job marketing the state as a bastion of freedom. But the Covid honeymoon is over and FL will have to stand on its merits.

I’m rooting for it. If we could have the two of the three most populous states in the country be models of business friendly, zero income tax, social conservatism it would send a powerful message to NY, CA, PA, IL who’s crown jewel cities continue to rot from the inside. They’ve got the formula wrong, I think the results will prove it over the next decade.

Gotta love federalism.

Glutton for punishment I guess. Have you been to Orlando in July?

Hint: don’t wear a white shirt
I don't know, this site has July as "high season".

Personally my vacation trips to Florida have all been July and August, school was out so it was easy to take the kids. Heck, we took vacations to DC and St Louis in the summer too for that reason, two other places with more humidity than should be legally allowed.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Personally my vacation trips to Florida have all been July and August, school was out so it was easy to take the kids. Heck, we took vacations to DC and St Louis in the summer too for that reason, two other places with more humidity than should be legally allowed.
Tourist season is nov to end of April. “The Season”

It will be interesting to see how much of Florida’s recent success was due to people fleeing biomedical security state’s and how much will be sustained.

DeSantis did a masterful job marketing the state as a bastion of freedom. But the Covid honeymoon is over and FL will have to stand on its merits.

I’m rooting for it. If we could have the two of the three most populous states in the country be models of business friendly, zero income tax, social conservatism it would send a powerful message to NY, CA, PA, IL who’s crown jewel cities continue to rot from the inside. They’ve got the formula wrong, I think the results will prove it over the next decade.

Gotta love federalism.
Problem is all the people who left blue states for fla brought cash. Inflation in fla is brutal. Now the big counties are miserably overcrowded. I used to bounce from wpb to Delray to Miami back to Lauderdale etc and it was nothin. Now forget it. Unbearable traffic. Insurance cos bolting. Fla wasn’t prepared for all this and I suspect will see a correction. Some will move out. The Carolinas etc.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Ron is finding a way to piss off both his base and his opponents. Not sure you can spin it any better than that. He's done.
Beating Trump in a crowded field was always going to be a near insurmountable task.

People coming down on him for not polling within 10% of Trump are being unserious.

That said, his campaign looks like it’s hitting a reset. Good. Whatever their tact has been until now was indecipherable.

I expect he’ll be doing a lot more unfriendly media hits and taking them to task. That’s why people ended up loving him in the first place.

Ron is finding a way to piss off both his base and his opponents. Not sure you can spin it any better than that. He's done.
Ron knows that this is his warm up campaign. This is his 4 year NBA G league. You go learn the ropes, gain some $$ and make some contacts. He knows 24' is not his year. Why no one has discussed this is STUPID ! He's going against the biggest whale in the ocean, and I would bet $$$ that Trump and Ron have a plan and this is all staged.
Just like this "no labels" BS. Trumps teamed up with some dim's to make a way for joe to go to his final resting basement.

• Haha
Reactions: dr.jb
Ron knows that this is his warm up campaign. This is his 4 year NBA G league. You go learn the ropes, gain some $$ and make some contacts. He knows 24' is not his year. Why no one has discussed this is STUPID ! He's going against the biggest whale in the ocean, and I would bet $$$ that Trump and Ron have a plan and this is all staged.
Just like this "no labels" BS. Trumps teamed up with some dim's to make a way for joe to go to his final resting basement.
Assuming Trump is right and the election was stolen from him. What is the plan to make sure it doesn’t happen again?

What is he doing in AZ, MI, PA, WI & GA to make sure Democratic operatives on the ground don’t go into their same bag of tricks?

I would like to hear an answer to this question from those who are confident he can win a General.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania

Both are gross to visit in the summer, but Florida is just as bad unless you are on the coasts (Atlantic side is bearable with a nice breeze). I can't find a monthly stat, but Q1 appears to be the busiest, followed by Q3.

florida-4th-qtr-2022_orig.png

Assuming Trump is right and the election was stolen from him. What is the plan to make sure it doesn’t happen again?

What is he doing in AZ, MI, PA, WI & GA to make sure Democratic operatives on the ground don’t go into their same bag of tricks?

I would like to hear an answer to this question from those who are confident he can win a General.
Interesting that you ask. Allow me to explain what I know.
The RNC is so GD lame that the cabal has such a head start, in every facet of electioneering, That I think the country is truly over, we just have no admitted it yet.
Trump has a large base, but that base is a pin prick compared to the power that is focused against his message/ him personally. There is a very good chance, the way DC power works, is that Trump has enough dirt on DC that they won't allow him to win, but leverage him also so that he can't plant seed in it.
All of the individual state shenanigans that were AGAINST their fvcking laws that simply got swept away.
Trump opened up a cavern. Not because he didn't doo good thing for us AND the world. He opened up an infected wound because DC and Wall street hated him and he won the first round. They won't let that happen again, NO MATTER WHAT they have to do, and the American history gets washed down the drain, because a majority of the American public is ok, with getting into cattle cars for a once in a life time vacation, all expenses paid.
So no, Trump has no fix for this. The problem is exponentially larger than him. And us letting people stay in power for more than 4-6 years, is what built this failure. This is one area that the founding fathers, in all of their knowledge, didn't foresee the greed capable in people HERE, and didn't put safeguards in place to stop the borg for assimilating DC POWER.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Problem is all the people who left blue states for fla brought cash. Inflation in fla is brutal. Now the big counties are miserably overcrowded. I used to bounce from wpb to Delray to Miami back to Lauderdale etc and it was nothin. Now forget it. Unbearable traffic. Insurance cos bolting. Fla wasn’t prepared for all this and I suspect will see a correction. Some will move out. The Carolinas etc.
Tell them to stay the F away from Bama ! Don't pave paradise.

As did California during the same time. It seems to be post pandemic bounce back.

The googles are saying it's down over 20% and over 40% in central Florida for the summer which has the locals concerned.

We'll see if the summer trends continue to play out.

I mean there's an anti Disney movement from the right and an anti Desantis/Florida movement from the left....that doesn't seem like a winning combination.

As did California during the same time. It seems to be post pandemic bounce back.

The googles are saying it's down over 20% and over 40% in central Florida for the summer which has the locals concerned.

We'll see if the summer trends continue to play out.

I mean there's an anti Disney movement from the right and an anti Desantis/Florida movement from the left....that doesn't seem like a winning combination.
Part of it with Disney is pricing. It’s too expensive. People are living with inflation all over and taking cheaper vacas

Gotta love federalism.
Plus, local collection laws make Florida and Texas havens for deadbeats.

Insurance is bolting because the surface temp of the ocean is hitting high 90's at the southern tip and overall is around 5 degrees warmer than average.

Bean counters know what a consistent rising ocean temp means for hurricane season.

Desantis said they were being woke, of course.

Again I have no idea what is ever going to convince people that we're getting consistently hotter than when what, 4 top insurance companies won't even offer any home coverage.

They know. It's not woke. That's a clown response from him (which is his go to response for everything it seems).

Put it another way, this is probably going to be one of the coolest summers over the next 25 years.

What would Rudy do?

Gotta love federalism.

Anyone who has children in high school who took them out of school to move because of temporary lockdowns need to thrown in prison for child abuse.

How f#$ked up in the head politically are you if you're uprooting your family over a temporary lockdown??

My point being that's a common talking point that's used, and I have one friend who did this (which yeah, he's a complete maga moron) but I have my doubts that made as much of a dent as you think.

It's a total clown move by a paranoid head of household.

Insurance is bolting because the surface temp of the ocean is hitting high 90's at the southern tip and overall is around 5 degrees warmer than average.

Bean counters know what a consistent rising ocean temp means for hurricane season.

Desantis said they were being woke, of course.

Again I have no idea what is ever going to convince people that we're getting consistently hotter than when what, 4 top insurance companies won't even offer any home coverage.

They know. It's not woke. That's a clown response from him (which is his go to response for everything it seems).

Put it another way, this is probably going to be one of the coolest summers over the next 25 years.
Same in calif. Farmers all state and State Farm not writing new home owners bc of wildfire’s catastrophic risk. But what’s the answer in these states? We don’t control the world’s climate

Same in calif. Farmers all state and State Farm not writing new home owners bc of wildfire’s catastrophic risk. But what’s the answer in these states? We don’t control the world’s climate

I'd like to think first step is some kind of common acknowledgement but yeah, we're too divided to do anything at this point.

Hope that 100 year old power grid can keep up going forward.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Anyone who has children in high school who took them out of school to move because of temporary lockdowns need to thrown in prison for child abuse.

How f#$ked up in the head politically are you if you're uprooting your family over a temporary lockdown??

My point being that's a common talking point that's used, and I have one friend who did this (which yeah, he's a complete maga moron) but I have my doubts that made as much of a dent as you think.

It's a total clown move by a paranoid head of household.
You’re operating from hindsight. And it’s much more likely that those families wanted to escape an overbearing government and denying their children an education was just the straw that broke the camels back.

We’re going to let your kids go to school. We’re going to take less out of your paycheck and your cost of living will be lower.

Why would you NOT move?

Families uproot for all manner of reasons and I don’t judge them for doing so.

Some sort of straw man of an overly politicized parent forcing the rest of their family into a move they don’t want is something out of your imagination.

Reactions: DANC
You’re operating from hindsight. And it’s much more likely that those families wanted to escape an overbearing government and denying their children an education was just the straw that broke the camels back.

We’re going to let your kids go to school. We’re going to take less out of your paycheck and your cost of living will be lower.

Why would you NOT move?

Families uproot for all manner of reasons and I don’t judge them for doing so.

Some sort of straw man of an overly politicized parent forcing the rest of their family into a move they don’t want is something out of your imagination.

It's a common right wing talking point that families moved to red states 'because of lockdowns'.

Well if true than you better move fast, get your house on the market or take a penalty on your rent, box all your shit up, find a new place to live and have your children be the awkward newbies at their new school having to start their social life from scratch.

When you finish your move, the temporary lockdowns were probably over.

Speaking of school, the top states with the highest rated public school systems are majority blue states (particularly east coast) so why are you taking your kids out of better schools? That seems dumb.

Speaking of economics, blue counties make up over 70% of the US GDP. So if you're leaving for red counties, well hopefully you are able to work remotely.

Common sense is there have been recruiting tactics for red states to provide an appealing economic opportunity, which is the #1 reason why families move.

Now granted, I give the right credit on painting city life as a hell scape because you probably have a better chance of getting a conservative to move out of a liberal city than to get a liberal to move into a rural community.

Meaning yeah, there are a shit ton of liberal millennials and gen z coming through over the next two decades but, it doesn't mean much if the majority move to cities.

The popular vote could be 20 million in favor of the libs but it won't matter if cities end up having 90% of the population (it's currently around 80%)..

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I think bama will see growth. You bought at a good time
But I didn't buy to sell. STAY AWAY ! This is my montana mountain side with the closes neighbor 200 miles away, but I have white sand beaches and crabs. and street after street of Trump signs! IT'S Friggin heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
But I didn't buy to sell. STAY AWAY ! This is my montana mountain side with the closes neighbor 200 miles away, but I have white sand beaches and crabs. and street after street of Trump signs! IT'S Friggin heaven.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. Filling the streets with Trump signs keeps the neighbors 200 miles away. Now I get the purpose of the signs. 😉

Sorry, it was too easy of a setup to resist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT