ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Lion Closing?

What's the price?

Sounds to me like the owners want to start another Irish Lion in another location. That would be bad move, imo. Part of vibe is Kirkwood and next to the Crazy Horse and around the corner to Janko's or downtown. Unless they're planning on another location on or around the square.
Buy the property and equipment, keep the same sign (with one letter changed) and promote breaded tenderloin. Tell the current owner to fu*k right off with his IP. Our new bar and restaurant-The Irish Loin. 😎

Hoosier Bar and Grill in Elletsville has good tenderloins..

Serious question: does Bloomington have any legit BBQ?
Don't know, but on football game day, the convenience store on the corner of 17th and Dunn, across from MS, has/had a smoker going and it was pretty good.

EDIT: When I had the deli, I bought a used smoker and tried to do BBQ. I had some success and it was pretty good, but very labor intensive.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Don't know, but on football game day, the convenience store on the corner of 17th and Dunn, across from MS, has/had a smoker going and it was pretty good.

EDIT: When I had the deli, I bought a used smoker and tried to do BBQ. I had some success and it was pretty good, but very labor intensive.
I bet a day doesn’t go by where people don’t say. What do you want for lunch?
Danc’s?
Stop it!!! So mean.
Would kill for a DANC hot pastrami

I bet a day doesn’t go by where people don’t say. What do you want for lunch?
Danc’s?
Stop it!!! So mean.
Would kill for a DANC hot pastrami
I still can't find a corned beef Reuben as good as the ones we used to have at the deli.

Pastrami with Swiss on Rye is tough to beat, too.

You know what people tell me they really miss? Chicken and Noodles on Tuesdays. Like printing money in Kokomo.

I still can't find a corned beef Reuben as good as the ones we used to have at the deli.

Pastrami with Swiss on Rye is tough to beat, too.

You know what people tell me they really miss? Chicken and Noodles on Tuesdays. Like printing money in Kokomo.
On a Friday when you're coming through for a home game, we should go down to Fat Dan's in South Broad Ripple.

Sit outside, drink a beer and eat pastrami sandwiches.

It looks like they have a location in Bloomington too.

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DANC and larsIU
On a Friday when you're coming through for a home game, we should go down to Fat Dan's in South Broad Ripple.

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg
Send pics when you guys do. Love this

Reactions: DANC

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg
You ever hit the one in Carmel

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg
The one in Bloomington is pretty cool. MMA/Jujitsu bar manager that runs comedy shows as well. Kinda like a psuedo-Rogan. Good dude.

Always has cool tunes, and they have the ability, and will put forth the effort, to find hard to find games.

We used to hit the Broad Ripple one when daughter was at Butler Soccer Camp. Cool place as well.

That corner store still has a badass griddle. We stop there headed out of town on soccer mornings for egg sandwiches, etc. Custom made hot off the griddle for $3.

Popular with the kids up the road as well.

You ever hit the one in Carmel
Yeah, and it's not the same. Been a few times and disappointed each time. Although it's been a while and should probably give it a try again. IMO they tried to keep too much of the menu from the pizza place that was there before. I assume it's because they had the oven and wanted to take advantage of it.

Reactions: larsIU and twenty02
Yeah, and it's not the same. Been a few times and disappointed each time. Although it's been a while and should probably give it a try again. IMO they tried to keep too much of the menu from the pizza place that was there before. I assume it's because they had the oven and wanted to take advantage of it.

The OG one in SoBro is still the best

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg
Absolutely! That's a plan. I've heard about that place - thought about sueing them for using my name and likeness.....

Last time we stayed in Westfield over the holidays, I got take out from the Thai place. Wife loved it and she's so-so on Thai.

Bottom of the menu
BfiUgYw.jpg
Right across the street from The Graduate on Kirkwood

Not really. Some "decent" pork BBQ spots, but brisket is hard to find. The food trucks around town usually have the best BBQ for some reason.
Yeah there are some that just set up on weekends. Flying Pig, maybe?

Sometimes Hollyhock Hill for some chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans is all you need.

We had some takeout from there for a family dinner a few months ago and I was pleasantly surprised. My expectations were low as last time I had dined in it was just average. But was quite good this time around.

Reactions: RedFan1
Duh. Come on Sunday mornings. We’ll call it THE CONFESSIONAL and all the students who feel guilty for sat night can confess. We’ll do that in back. Up front we’ll have epl on all the tvs and mimosas
Free confessions for those doing the Sunday Morning walk of shame, with disheveled cloths, hair a mess and willing to tell the whole story, on tape. 2 Free Mimosas after taping. (all confidential of course, with signed Non Compete).

Free confessions for those doing the Sunday Morning walk of shame, with disheveled cloths, hair a mess and willing to tell the whole story, on tape. 2 Free Mimosas after taping. (all confidential of course, with signed Non Compete).
One of our sayings in the church is, "The church is a hospital for sinners, so you have to know you are sick. But you also have to have the desire to get well".

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Last time we stayed in Westfield over the holidays, I got take out from the Thai place. Wife loved it and she's so-so on Thai.
That place is really good. It would be our go-to if we didn't have Thai Indy just down the street.

My son has a place in Greenwood that he likes, Thai Spice that's also pretty good.
FAdRsAC.jpeg

Padd Kemau w/shrimp

Reactions: DANC
We had some takeout from there for a family dinner a few months ago and I was pleasantly surprised. My expectations were low as last time I had dined in it was just average. But was quite good this time around.
It had been going steadily downhill for a while, but is under new management / ownership. Seems like the quality has returned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT