ADVERTISEMENT

Iran President's helicopter down

Nah I'm too young to have owned in FL. I wish lol. State will be uninsurable soon enough due to climate change.

I am well but I am concerned for the future with the $35T and counting in debt led by the uniparty, while the public focuses on any distraction of the day. We've got a recipe for disaster on our hands. Then throw in deglobalization and that means no more cheap crap from China at Walmart. The public has no idea what's about to hit them.

Old Florida is uninsurable. But the next gen of Florida will be dominated by those that can afford hurricane proof homes.

Not really though. Yes in the 50s, 60s and 70s. But Iranians haven’t been able to partake in much western culture since the Islamic revolution that our stupid country supported.

You’d think the Western world would have learned of Islams poisoning of culture, freedom, etc. and yet UK is being overrun, along with France and other countries.
I think you are confusing the revolution with something else. Our country never supported it.

Reactions: UncleMark
Our country never supported it.
Right, they took 50+ American hostages. That revolution in a way is a good lesson for the current liberal protestors..

The mostly liberal university students that were a major part wanted to bring down the Shah's Kleptocratic Monarchy - which we did support - allied with religious zealots who took over and created a hardline theocracy. They were used.

You never know how chaos will sort itself out ... and allies need to be chosen wisely.

Revolutions don't work out well for those seeking more liberty. The American being the only exception....

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Right, they took 50+ American hostages. That revolution in a way is a good lesson for the current liberal protestors..

The mostly liberal university students that were a major part wanted to bring down the Shah's Kleptocratic Monarchy - which we did support - allied with religious zealots who took over and created a hardline theocracy. They were used.

You never know how chaos will sort itself out ... and allies need to be chosen wisely.

Revolutions don't work out well for those seeking more liberty. The American being the only exception....
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is not always true.

Just so everyone remembers

I wonder how many migrants the UN complex could house...
th_coffee.gif

Best hedge against inflation is owning equities. As shown by their significant outperformance of metals
I agree, but gold performed much better than equities in the 70s. Bitcoin is of course the best choice, but diversifying into gold seems reasonable until inflation is below 2%.

I agree, but gold performed much better than equities in the 70s. Bitcoin is of course the best choice, but diversifying into gold seems reasonable until inflation is below 2%.
Yup. And you know we’re bitcoin brothers. Til death. But damn there is something pleasing about those little gold bars.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Oh, brother! Where art thou have been?

You have obviously neglected your popular culture vices.
Thou ain't owneth a TV. We were actually watching an Egyptian show recently on Hasan Sabbah. They put it out during Ramadan. The Iranian govt wasn't happy about it because it reflects poorly on him. Even though they are not Nizari. Weird stuff. There are some factual inaccuracies in the show. Anywho the show does show the danger of blindly following any one individual. Whether religious or political. It's cult like. And everyone is convinced their god is the real one.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Thou ain't owneth a TV. We were actually watching an Egyptian show recently on Hasan Sabbah. They put it out during Ramadan. The Iranian govt wasn't happy about it because it reflects poorly on him. Even though they are not Nizari. Weird stuff. There are some factual inaccuracies in the show. Anywho the show does show the danger of blindly following any one individual. Whether religious or political. It's cult like. And everyone is convinced their god is the real one.
You need to watch “O’ Brother Where Art Thou” for the music alone.

I assume they will bounce him out of his coffin into the street to show the required amount of pseudo-grief ala Josef il Sung “Rules for Despot Funeral”?
I remember listening to Dennis Miller right after this happened to the Ayatollah.

I was laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe.

Only two good things I can say about Texas are the cost of living and no state income tax. The whole freedom thing and capitalism bleating are just hogwash. Florida is a much "freer" state not that I'm into the term. Two examples that come to mind are yearly car inspections and the fact that they sold the toll roads to Spain. Otherwise, we don't particularly enjoy it. St Louis has more character. You just don't feel any character in this place imo. I would move to Mississippi but I don't think my wife would go along. We were supposed to go on a world trip this August, but that's now postponed till January so we can bank some more $$ and hopefully find a way to put the $$ to work. Will see her folks in Dubai and then go to Italy instead in August.
Buy NVDA and thank me later.

Not really though. Yes in the 50s, 60s and 70s. But Iranians haven’t been able to partake in much western culture since the Islamic revolution that our stupid country supported.

You’d think the Western world would have learned of Islams poisoning of culture, freedom, etc. and yet UK is being overrun, along with France and other countries.
Yeah, I heard a talking head say they had no idea anti-semitism is so strong, world wide.

DUH! Look at who is flooding Europe and the US.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT