ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school shooting--1 dead (6th grader), 5 wounded

No it’s a black culture issue. There are a ton of poor people in Appalachia. 100,00 blacks in stl will murder more people than all of wv etc.

I know this is a couple years old, but West Virginia had twice as many gun deaths as St. Louis in 2023.

Good news for the Louis, looks like violent crime was down last year.

Where did you see the gender stuff? Just read multiple stories and did not see anything about that.

From his Tik Tok profile before they deleted it. He listed his pronouns as he/they and had the rainbow flag. He posted to Love your trans kids. Things of that nature. Most of the recent high profile shootings as of late have been from people who have a connection to that type of stuff.

Reactions: jet812
I know this is a couple years old, but West Virginia had twice as many gun deaths as St. Louis in 2023.

Those stats include suicides, at least for West Virginia. You can find those same numbers along with stats that says almost 3/4 are attributable to suicide. So you need to divide that 300 figure by 4 to get the number murdered.

Didn't look at the numbers for St Louis but if that 196 is strictly homicide deaths, then McM's assertion is correct.

(ETA: Although I don't think the color of the shooter is the story here but chasing rabbits down holes....)

The issue here isn't who the killers are. It's who the victims are.

Street violence doesn't tend to take a lot of innocent lives. Trouble tends to find trouble. (You'll make this about race. It's not.)

I lost someone to street violence, and without question he was involved in something he shouldn't have been. His father was bitter about it, including the decisions his son made. It doesn't make what happened right, still efforts being made to get information on who did it, but he still wasn't strolling innocently in a mall, at church or some kid in school.

Baltimore was covered -- that was this summer.
St. Louis was covered.
Charleston was covered.

Just off the top of my head.
I'm sorry you lost someone like that. Terrible.

Your extrapolation based on your own experience though is an illogical way to approach this analysis.

Young children in big city poor areas catch strays too often. They are innocent.

Here are some stats:

Between 2000-2021, less than 200 people died in school shootings, from K-college.

Yet in 2022 alone, 306 children, 11 or under, were killed by gun violence. Nineteen of those were Ulvalde, so remove those and add to the 200 above). I think it's safe to assume a very high percentage of those children left were "innocent" and a significant fraction were inner city youth.

So the average number of deaths per year from school shootings, over a 10 year period, is 10. I'm going to bet more than 10 innocent children are dying from inner city shootings, making it just as problematic as the school shootings.

School shootings get more press coverage for a variety of reasons, though, unassociated with race. They are intentional, where the stray bullet scenario is not. They are difficult for us to comprehend, whereas we have an ability to relate gangland activity to stories we've seen or heard. And for middle class and up people, we feel we can avoid the poorer areas and so feel like we have a semblance of control over the issue, whereas psychologically we feel helpless about school shootings.

no 75% of gun deaths in wv are suicides.

What we know about homicides in 2022​

While year-to-year homicides are beginning to decrease, the annual average for the past seven years is about 27% higher than the seven years before, according to the data.

The yearly drop in homicides comes after a state and national spike in 2020. According to the data, between 2020 and 2022 there was a near-38% decrease in the number of homicides committed in West Virginia, from 124 to 77, and a 53% decrease in car thefts, from 2,117 to 1,383.

SO west virginia has between 77 and 124 homicides.

https://www.slmpd.org/images/Homicide_Stats_for_Website.pdf stl city has between 158 and 263. west virginia has about 2 million people. stl city has about 130,000 blacks. the difference is insane to think about. and move one county over that is predominantly white with 400,000 people and maybe you get 5 or 6 homicides a year. it. is. a. black. problem. abortion is another pandering issue. blacks have close to five times as many abortions. dems just want to make excuses and ignore the reality.

all of that said getting rid of the soros backed da and continuing to fight the cori bush defund police should help improve things a little

A girlfriend in college had family around Morgantown. It was the most beautiful worst place to spend Christmas.
There’s a funny documentary the wonderful wild whites of West Virginia. Johnny Knoxville did it. The prosecutor of the county they lived in said at any one time half of the entire criminal docket for the co is the white family

A girlfriend in college had family around Morgantown. It was the most beautiful worst place to spend Christmas.
I had to go to Warsaw, IN twice for a college gf. What a ride. Weirdest family I've ever been around.

She married a state trooper if that tells you anything.

Great story about finding out some family info that was probably better left unsaid. Maybe I'll share it here at some point.

I had to go to Warsaw, IN twice for a college gf. What a ride. Weirdest family I've ever been around.

She married a state trooper if that tells you anything.

Great story about finding out some family info that was probably better left unsaid. Maybe I'll share it here at some point.
I've got a couple of buddies from Warsaw and it's not that far away from where I grew up anyway. All the J&J, Biomet and Zimmer money up there just adds more gas on the fire.

There’s a funny documentary the wonderful wild whites of West Virginia. Johnny Knoxville did it. The prosecutor of the county they lived in said at any one time half of the entire criminal docket for the co is the white family

This is one of those posts of yours where proper capitalization would be really helpful.

The issue is the left focuses on gun control without asking for responsibility and accountability. From defunding the police to the bail project. So you take the most dangerous city in America. 97 percent of shootings will involve blacks. Is it a gun problem or a black problem? Back out blacks and there are a negligible amount of shootings. But the left will never ask for that accountability Bc it’s incongruent with victimhood and vote pandering.

If you’re in West Virginia or St Charles co you’re thinking wtf. I have to have greater gun control bc urban blacks are shooting like crazy?
Except there is more gun violence in rural areas than urban….

These shootings matter & those don’t enough to merit rage, or even discussion….got it.🙄. The good news with that mindset is more folks will focus on school safety as opposed to the guns themselves. I agree, let’s spend more to make schools safe & forget all this nonsense about guns in communities in general .
No because there are shootings at churches, at concerts, at theaters. Nonsense about gun control. Yep just keep counting the bodies of our children because everyone in America thinks they have the right to own assault weapons. Thoughts and prayers does the trick.

No group loves shootings like blacks. But the Dems hate it. I mean how many youth black parties involve mass shootings. Schools. Funerals. Mercy
No groups love shootings like blacks? That’s pretty bad….even for you trying to stir the pot.

No groups love shootings like blacks? That’s pretty bad….even for you trying to stir the pot.
Zeke I know about this stuff. And if you refuse to think try to learn. The actual stats are available. From law enforcement

Those stats include suicides, at least for West Virginia. You can find those same numbers along with stats that says almost 3/4 are attributable to suicide. So you need to divide that 300 figure by 4 to get the number murdered.

Didn't look at the numbers for St Louis but if that 196 is strictly homicide deaths, then McM's assertion is correct.

(ETA: Although I don't think the color of the shooter is the story here but chasing rabbits down holes....)
Why shouldn’t suicide count? Isn’t that a gun death?

• Haha
Zeke. Open your mind. Think. 125,000 blacks in the city kill more than 2 million people living in West Virginia. Think.
Well of course because there are more people in the city, there are going to be more shootings. That’s why you go by percentages.

• Haha
Well of course because there are more people in the city, there are going to be more shootings. That’s why you go by percentages.
Listen to me. 125,000 blacks in stl commit more murders than 2 million people living in the entire state of West Virginia. Think about that. This is a culture problem. Pretending it doesn’t exist serves no one.

Listen to me. 125,000 blacks in stl commit more murders than 2 million people living in the entire state of West Virginia. Think about that. This is a culture problem. Pretending it doesn’t exist serves no one.
Well it does serve some, which is why the left keeps stepping over dollars to pick up nickels as it relates to gun deaths. Confronting reality is waaay too uncomfortable & might cost some votes.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It’s always about race. Remove black violent crime and we barely have a violent crime issue in America. Media should be emphasizing that. Biden should be emphasizing that. But….

And the attendant consequence of same destroy cities. White flight etc
Let's remove all the shootings you find acceptable. The ones where black people are killed. That still means the US has the most gun violence among 1st/2nd world nations.

If don't count the black people being killed on the street, would you then consider tighter gun laws?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm sorry you lost someone like that. Terrible.

Your extrapolation based on your own experience though is an illogical way to approach this analysis.

Young children in big city poor areas catch strays too often. They are innocent.

Here are some stats:

Between 2000-2021, less than 200 people died in school shootings, from K-college.

Yet in 2022 alone, 306 children, 11 or under, were killed by gun violence. Nineteen of those were Ulvalde, so remove those and add to the 200 above). I think it's safe to assume a very high percentage of those children left were "innocent" and a significant fraction were inner city youth.

So the average number of deaths per year from school shootings, over a 10 year period, is 10. I'm going to bet more than 10 innocent children are dying from inner city shootings, making it just as problematic as the school shootings.

School shootings get more press coverage for a variety of reasons, though, unassociated with race. They are intentional, where the stray bullet scenario is not. They are difficult for us to comprehend, whereas we have an ability to relate gangland activity to stories we've seen or heard. And for middle class and up people, we feel we can avoid the poorer areas and so feel like we have a semblance of control over the issue, whereas psychologically we feel helpless about school shootings.
So what you're saying is because fewer kids died in schools shootings than innocent kids on the street, you're OK with it.

Got it.

A deeper argument for more gun control.
Lol they’ll do it a different way. And you can never have a deeper argument. Only superficial congruent with your understanding of issues

Last edited:
Why shouldn’t suicide count? Isn’t that a gun death?

The same reason someone committing suicide by running their car in their garage shouldn't count as a traffic accident death. "It happened in a car and was caused by a car though...."

Less flippantly, I am not concerned with suicides in the context of gun deaths because they only kill the involved person and moreso than any other type of gun death, they are the one that is almost completely negated by other means. That isn't to negate those deaths, I think the remediation to that problem is a different form of treatment than changing the instrument used. In other words, you can make a logical argument that removing guns will reduce mass shootings but I think that is a harder argument to make with suicides. People can kill themselves with a bed sheet.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
@mcmurtry66 is dropping some inconvenient truths. White gun deaths are by and large suicide and black gun deaths are more attributable to murder.

CNN article that is a little older but I would bet that the data still holds true. The gun homicide rate for black men is 29.12 per 100,000 and 2.1 per 100,000 for white men.

For comparison:

The 2.1 rate is still higher than Europe but it is pretty clear what drags our numbers completely out of whack.

Now you can have your disagreements about why this large disparity exists in the US but there is a disparity and it is, by and large, young black men that make our gun murder rate so bad. I don't believe you can address that problem if you aren't willing to admit it exists.

the numbers speak for themselves. here's the stats for a city half white and half black. sadly.

@mcmurtry66 is dropping some inconvenient truths. White gun deaths are by and large suicide and black gun deaths are more attributable to murder.

CNN article that is a little older but I would bet that the data still holds true. The gun homicide rate for black men is 29.12 per 100,000 and 2.1 per 100,000 for white men.

For comparison:

The 2.1 rate is still higher than Europe but it is pretty clear what drags our numbers completely out of whack.

Now you can have your disagreements about why this large disparity exists in the US but there is a disparity and it is, by and large, young black men that make our gun murder rate so bad. I don't believe you can address that problem if you aren't willing to admit it exists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT