ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school shooting--1 dead (6th grader), 5 wounded

Well it appears there were white people involved, so the left won’t ignore it like the exponential amount of these things happening daily in black communities…
You don’t care about that. Those are the communities you rely on when you stricter gun laws won’t eliminate gun deaths. You need that crime to justify your position.

You don’t care about that. Those are the communities you rely on when you stricter gun laws won’t eliminate gun deaths. You need that crime to justify your position.
What’s my position?

Well it appears there were white people involved, so the left won’t ignore it like the exponential amount of these things happening daily in black communities…

Yeah they will. This was another of the gender confused mentally ill individuals who have been shooting up schools with more frequency lately so he will get memory holed pretty quickly.

Yeah they will. This was another of the gender confused mentally ill individuals who have been shooting up schools with more frequency lately so he will get memory holed pretty quickly.
Didn’t pickup on the gender stuff, but I agree that if he was a member of that community it will get pushed aside rather quickly. Attention to that might put focus on the root cause of these events being mental health instead of the weapons used.

Didn’t pickup on the gender stuff, but I agree that if he was a member of that community it will get pushed aside rather quickly. Attention to that might put focus on the root cause of these events being mental health instead of the weapons used.
LOL

The gender bendy nonsense seems to be the break glass in case of emergency option for social misfits and outcasts these days.

When that doesn’t make them happier…. It’s time to get your gun.

Bullying is reportedly involved as well. They scrubbed his social media pretty quickly but people got screen shots before they did and it appears that he was either "gender fluid" or he had bought in to that whole narrative. All of which to say is that this probably falls under the mental health thing again.

Reactions: jet812
It seems your position cares about race when it comes to people who are murdered since you brought it up, and I always presume people like you project when you inject your what-about-isms into the discussion.
I’ve been conditioned to care about race for several years now, why wouldn’t I or shouldn’t I? I’m curious what you mean when you say “people like me”, let’s explore that some more….😃

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Oh there are lots of school shootings involving blacks? Care to link? Because that’s the subject here.

Bullying is reportedly involved as well. They scrubbed his social media pretty quickly but people got screen shots before they did and it appears that he was either "gender fluid" or he had bought in to that whole narrative. All of which to say is that this probably falls under the mental health thing again.
What whole narrative?

Where did you see the gender stuff? Just read multiple stories and did not see anything about that.

Oh there are lots of school shootings involving blacks? Care to link? Because that’s the subject here.
These shootings matter & those don’t enough to merit rage, or even discussion….got it.🙄. The good news with that mindset is more folks will focus on school safety as opposed to the guns themselves. I agree, let’s spend more to make schools safe & forget all this nonsense about guns in communities in general .

Glad to see the talking points hit your inbox.

Actually Blacks commit the plurality of school shootings. You’re confusing (either accidentally or purposefully - only you know) mass school shootings with school shootings which are different.

Part of the reason you might not know this is because this info is being withheld from you by the media. Why is that?

From the same study:
Since Parkland, students and parents have been more concerned about gun violence (Graf, 2018), although the research demonstrates that school shootings have been declining (Nicodemo & Petronio, 2018). Research conducted by The Pew Research Center shows that the growing fear of school shootings is higher among minority students than Whites (Graf, 2018). A study by the Washington Post yields similar findings, showing increased media attention surrounding gun violence on White schools, although minority students are more likely to face gun violence while at school (Cox & Rich, 2018). The Washington Post analysis also noted the rarity of media reports of gun violence that occur due to gangs or accidents

No group loves shootings like blacks. But the Dems hate it. I mean how many youth black parties involve mass shootings. Schools. Funerals. Mercy

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

No group loves shootings like blacks. But the Dems hate it. I mean how many youth black parties involve mass shootings. Mercy
I like how people say something like, "The media didn't cover it," while producing a link of the media covering it.

I like how people say something like, "The media didn't cover it," while producing a link of the media covering it.
Media will cover it but certainly not to the same extent. We’ve become desensitized to black shootings and it doesn’t benefit left-leaning journalists political activism.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Media will cover it but certainly not to the same extent. We’ve become desensitized to black shootings and it doesn’t benefit left-leaning journalists political activism.
blah, blah, blah.

We've become desensitized to children being gunned down in schools.
National news covers black shootings.

You probably don't watch NBC News.

blah, blah, blah.

We've become desensitized to children being gunned down in schools.
National news covers black shootings.

You probably don't watch NBC News.
coverege and presentation aren’t the same. The left uses white shootings opportunistically for activism while both ignoring the greater frequency of black shootings and using same for activism. Just reality.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
coverege and presentation aren’t the same. The left uses white shootings opportunistically for activism while both ignoring the greater frequency of black shootings and using same for activism. Just reality.
Regardless, any school shooting will lead to this exact thread of people wanting better gun control vs people that want gun rights for all.

No one here is to blame for whatever media bias you are wanting to debate.

Regardless, any school shooting will lead to this exact thread of people wanting better gun control vs people that want gun rights for all.

No one here is to blame for whatever media bias you are wanting to debate.
The issue is the left focuses on gun control without asking for responsibility and accountability. From defunding the police to the bail project. So you take the most dangerous city in America. 97 percent of shootings will involve blacks. Is it a gun problem or a black problem? Back out blacks and there are a negligible amount of shootings. But the left will never ask for that accountability Bc it’s incongruent with victimhood and vote pandering.

If you’re in West Virginia or St Charles co you’re thinking wtf. I have to have greater gun control bc urban blacks are shooting like crazy?

I don’t like it AND I’m right
The issue here isn't who the killers are. It's who the victims are.

Street violence doesn't tend to take a lot of innocent lives. Trouble tends to find trouble. (You'll make this about race. It's not.)

I lost someone to street violence, and without question he was involved in something he shouldn't have been. His father was bitter about it, including the decisions his son made. It doesn't make what happened right, still efforts being made to get information on who did it, but he still wasn't strolling innocently in a mall, at church or some kid in school.

Baltimore was covered -- that was this summer.
St. Louis was covered.
Charleston was covered.

Just off the top of my head.

The issue here isn't who the killers are. It's who the victims are.

Street violence doesn't tend to take a lot of innocent lives. Trouble tends to find trouble. (You'll make this about race. It's not.)

I lost someone to street violence, and without question he was involved in something he shouldn't have been. His father was bitter about it, including the decisions his son made. It doesn't make what happened right, still efforts being made to get information on who did it, but he still wasn't strolling innocently in a mall, at church or some kid in school.

Baltimore was covered -- that was this summer.
St. Louis was covered.
Charleston was covered.

Just off the top of my head.
It’s always about race. Remove black violent crime and we barely have a violent crime issue in America. Media should be emphasizing that. Biden should be emphasizing that. But….

And the attendant consequence of same destroy cities. White flight etc

The issue is the left focuses on gun control without asking for responsibility and accountability. From defunding the police to the bail project. So you take the most dangerous city in America. 97 percent of shootings will involve blacks. Is it a gun problem or a black problem? Back out blacks and there are a negligible amount of shootings. But the left will never ask for that accountability Bc it’s incongruent with victimhood and vote pandering.

If you’re in West Virginia or St Charles co you’re thinking wtf. I have to have greater gun control bc urban blacks are shooting like crazy?

If you're talking about Memphis, I think a big reason is they have a lot of poor people.

Their poverty level is like twice as high as the national average, while child poverty is over 30%. They almost have a survivor mentality. Not condoning what is going on at all, but desperate people will do desperate things.

If you're talking about Memphis, I think a big reason is they have a lot of poor people.

Their poverty level is like twice as high as the national average, while child poverty is over 30%. They almost have a survivor mentality. Not condoning what is going on at all, but desperate people will do desperate things.
No it’s a black culture issue. There are a ton of poor people in Appalachia. 100,00 blacks in stl will murder more people than all of wv etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT