ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa getting dismantled

yep B1G really shat the bed in the tourney this year. UM still has a shot but without Livers they are not the same team.

I almost put up an OP on this at the 15 minute mark but it looked like OR could still blow it and I didn't want to jinx the outcome 😉...

The Big Ten has been a bad joke so far...

This just confirms Dolsons pulling the trigger on Archie... How low have we been allowed to sink if we can't seriously compete in this version of the Big Ten...?!?!

I almost put up an OP on this at the 15 minute mark but it looked like OR could still blow it and I didn't want to jinx the outcome 😉...

The Big Ten has been a bad joke so far...

This just confirms Dolsons pulling the trigger on Archie... How low have we been allowed to sink if we can't seriously compete in this version of the Big Ten...?!?!
10th place and Aloha Hoosiers and his fellow Apologists were gonna give him another year if he would have snuck into the NCAA, boy is that guy really dumb.

10th place and Aloha Hoosiers and his fellow Apologists were gonna give him another year if he would have snuck into the NCAA, boy is that guy really dumb.

I'm not gonna pile on Aloha... He just wants the best for INDIANA basketball and was trying to be supportive...

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought Archie was a great hire when we first brought him in...

Somewhere along that long boring drive between Dayton and Indianapolis Archie lost his mojo... 🙈

I can almost understand it... There's only two other more spirit sapping drives in the country and not surprisingly they're both on I-70 also (#2 Indy to St.Louis and #1 KC to Denver)... 😞

I'm not gonna pile on Aloha... He just wants the best for INDIANA basketball and was trying to be supportive...

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought Archie was a great hire when we first brought him in...

Somewhere along that long boring drive between Dayton and Indianapolis Archie lost his mojo... 🙈

I can almost understand it... There's only two other more spirit sapping drives in the country and not surprisingly they're both on I-70 also (#2 Indy to St.Louis and #1 KC to Denver)... 😞
Those that were highly critical of Archie in the early years also wanted what was best for Indiana, but Aloha and the Apologists would bully those as stupid, uneducated and not really true fans. He needs to STFU

starting guards 0-8... coulda been us.

Also, salute to Luka Garza, really enjoyed watching that kid play and he went out giving his all: 36 and 9. I've had the argument about whether he'll play in the NBA but I think he will and have a solid career. Not All-Star, but I think someone will be able to take advantage of his talent and motor.

Iowa's defense wasn't worthy of an NBA All Star game effort...

That's a pretty damn strong indictment. Anybody have any stats to back this up? On its face, and given the visuals, I'd bet their points allowed per possession is awfully high.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Maybe Iowa should focus on making it past the 2nd round of the tournament for the 1st time since 1999 before talking national championship like they were all year.

For a program that:

A. Hasn't won a Big 10 regular season title since 1979

B. Hasn't, like I said just now, made it to the Sweet 16 since 1999

C. Hasn't been to a Final Four since 1980

Iowa fans sure like to live in a fantasy world where they're right up there with the top programs in the country.

Aloha Hoosier was tooting Archies Horn after Archies big win in Iowa City, if he were AD ARchie would still be the coach, let that sink in.

Lil' Vickie doesn't even understand what I said. I think he's a high school drop out, but even if not, his reading comprehension is horrible.

Those that were highly critical of Archie in the early years also wanted what was best for Indiana, but Aloha and the Apologists would bully those as stupid, uneducated and not really true fans. He needs to STFU
Heed your own advice.

For a program that:

A. Hasn't won a Big 10 regular season title since 1979

B. Hasn't, like I said just now, made it to the Sweet 16 since 1999

C. Hasn't been to a Final Four since 1980

Iowa fans sure like to live in a fantasy world where they're right up there with the top programs in the country.
The Iowa fans that have ever come by here have seemed like pretty good fans overall and I don't remember any being obnoxious, which I can't say for many fanbases. But I definitely don't think of them as being cocky or thinking they are a top program in the country. I do think they have a pretty solid bball fanbase, that exceeds the results of their program. In terms of annoying B10 fanbases, they certainly aren't in the top half to me.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Token defense at best by Fran & Co
Embarrassing at times for BIG
I'm not sure it's only that, Altman can coach. I wouldn't be at all upset with him here, although that's not happening. Oregon has infinite Nike money to match any offer

Reactions: kkott
The Iowa fans that have ever come by here have seemed like pretty good fans overall and I don't remember any being obnoxious, which I can't say for many fanbases. But I definitely don't think of them as being cocky or thinking they are a top program in the country. I do think they have a pretty solid bball fanbase, that exceeds the results of their program. In terms of annoying B10 fanbases, they certainly aren't in the top half to me.
Oh trust me, Iowa fans can be cocky and obnoxious. I come from a family of Hawkeye fans (both parents born and raised there, was born in Iowa myself, but have spent most of my life in Indiana). And have cousins that are Iowa grads that can be a little over the top. You should go over to their forum and see of their comments about IU fans, mine about them are mild in comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and PH31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT