ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa -3

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone taking the points? My heart says yes but I’ve been burned too many times trusting my heart.And I’m not just talking about when it comes to football games🤣

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
I'm going to sit on that. I still think the IU name will cause people to pump money into a low line at Iowa once we get to gameday. I think at kick-off you will see it around -4.5. So if you're planning on taking the points.....I'd wait.

If you look at the “type” of teams we played best against last year…it’s more traditional pro set type teams. That run the ball more, mix in play action, etc… We dominated Wisconsin, MSU, Michigan… The teams that aired it out more we struggled more. PSU had us dead to rights. OSU beat us. Ole Miss beat us.

If our OLine is, in fact, improved, I think we beat Iowa. Possibly handily. I’ll probably take IU and the points but will wait until close to kickoff.

My OSU buddy says the line is a joke and to take the points. Says IU should be favored and is easily the better team. Thats coming from an OSU fans mouth not mine.
So, he’s put a large bet in for the Hoosiers here, or is he just talking?

Asking for a friend. 😉

Reactions: vesuvius13
If you look at the “type” of teams we played best against last year…it’s more traditional pro set type teams. That run the ball more, mix in play action, etc… We dominated Wisconsin, MSU, Michigan… The teams that aired it out more we struggled more. PSU had us dead to rights. OSU beat us. Ole Miss beat us.

If our OLine is, in fact, improved, I think we beat Iowa. Possibly handily. I’ll probably take IU and the points but will wait until close to kickoff.
Season opener. On the road. Packed stadium. Nationally ranked opponent. IU QB in his first start after a season-ending injury. IU punter playing in his first game. Unproven offensive line. Forget about winning handily. I just want to get out of there with a W.

That said, a huge wild card for them is Petras. I expect we'll come at him from all different directions right from the get-go. Some early pressures and/or sacks could set a very favorable tone for us.

Lol we have been best friends since pre school. Hes a good guy despite liking OSU
Same here. I have had two friends who were OSU fans, which I can understand because they were both from Ohio. But they both had respect for IU and never put them down. I did have a situation where I met someone from Ohio at a South Bend Cubs game and he was insulting. It was all I could do to keep from telling him what I generally thought about Buckeyes fans.

Same here. I have had two friends who were OSU fans, which I can understand because they were both from Ohio. But they both had respect for IU and never put them down. I did have a situation where I met someone from Ohio at a South Bend Cubs game and he was insulting. It was all I could do to keep from telling him what I generally thought about Buckeyes fans.
In my experience the quickest way to shut up a Buckeye fan is ask them what year they graduated.

Defense is always ahead of offense. Iowa plays a very basic bland offense and defense. Really I can’t think of a better team to open with on the road as far as first game scheme. The big wildcard is the crowd. I’m sure they’ll be jacked. There’s just no way to experience that in real life and it’s been a long time since we’ve been in that environment.

Defense is always ahead of offense. Iowa plays a very basic bland offense and defense. Really I can’t think of a better team to open with on the road as far as first game scheme. The big wildcard is the crowd. I’m sure they’ll be jacked. There’s just no way to experience that in real life and it’s been a long time since we’ve been in that environment.
I think we force them into a passing game early. Petras is no gunslinger and if they try our secondary will feast. I just can’t see Iowa keeping up with our offense. We literally kept up with Ohio state and had no running attack. I’m betting IU offens is good for 27 and our defense is good for 7. If we score 30 or more we win this game.

In my experience the quickest way to shut up a Buckeye fan is ask them what year they graduated.
I heard something funny yesterday on The Sports Hub radio in Boston where the 2-6 p.m. broadcast is also simulcast on TV. Mike Felger was talking about former OSU cornerback Shaun Wade and said Ohio State players are generally jackasses. When Wade fell from a projected first round to not go until the 5th to the Ravens, Felger questioned if that was because of Wade's "jackassery" and that's why they shipped him to the Patriots.

Anyone taking the points? My heart says yes but I’ve been burned too many times trusting my heart.And I’m not just talking about when it comes to football games🤣
On Wednesday, I got us at +3.5 and then put a little cash down on the ML too @+144.

Fanduel still has the spread at 3.5. The total is 46.5. I'm tempted to take the over as I think we'll put up 4 TDs.

If the line moves to 4.5, I'll put a little more on it.

Last edited:
On Wednesday, I got us at +3.5 and then put a little cash down on the ML too @+144.

Fanduel still has the spread at 3.5. The total is 46.5. I'm tempted to take the over as I think we'll put up 4 TDs.

If the line moves to 4.5, I'll put a little more on it.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT