ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Tuttle....

Ugh … he may or may not think that, and one may or may not be able to reasonably infer it from the quotes provided, but given what’s in the article, it’s hardly “clear” that JT believes TA and the coaches are a “clown show,” as you categorically state.

Reading is fundamental. Don’t *look* to find what you *want*, deal with the material *as it is* before you write stuff like that.
Amen and he even got the school wrong it was a Nebraska former coach that is a jerk that beat his wife.

So they cannot play Tuttle now? or Dexter has passed him on the depth chart? I find this very confusing.
I suppose they could if he's still on the team. But I saw - somewhere - that Dexter is now the backup.

Who knows? Everything's a secret with this staff.

No secrets here... Just no one out there seems to be watching the interviews or reading the multiple articles out on this topic...

A) JT has declared for the Portal purely as a matter of timing (to allow him the flexibility of switching from quarters to semesters if necessary at his next stop).

B) he's still The backup QB (per Tom Allen)

C) he's available to play through the end of December

Here's one article that surmises the above (there are multiple others out there):

We're lucky to have JT, there's a lot of guys out there that would have just said "screw it" and spent the rest of their time wrapping up their MBA versus spending a good portion of it prepping for a game they know they have about a 1% chance of playing in...

**//Thanks for all your hard work JT and your having laid your body on the line in all of the games you've played in...\\**

Last edited:
Well, this quote doesn't indicate he's much of a fan of the coaching staff.

"I love Bloomington, and I love my school, but that's really it."
When I read this, I interpreted the phrase “that’s really it” as referring to the previous sentence where he said “I just want to be somewhere where I can play”.

So to me it says “I just want to play, I love the town and my buds, but I just want to play and that’s really it”.

I wouldn’t read any more into it than that.

After 5 years Jack just wants to play football. I get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
When I read this, I interpreted the phrase “that’s really it” as referring to the previous sentence where he said “I just want to be somewhere where I can play”.

So to me it says “I just want to play, I love the town and my buds, but I just want to play and that’s really it”.

I wouldn’t read any more into it than that.

After 5 years Jack just wants to play football. I get it.
You are correct. I get it too. But, it not Jack's desire to play that is the issue.

The issue is: When a team captain says he is going to transfer in the middle of the season (5 games left) do you keep him on the team? Do you allow him to play? Do you cut him from the squad? What would a good coach do? What would a an inferior coach do? How Allen handles the situation and what's best for the team as a whole is the issue, not Tuttle.

The proof is in the pudding.

You are correct. I get it too. But, it not Jack's desire to play that is the issue.

The issue is: When a team captain says he is going to transfer in the middle of the season (5 games left) do you keep him on the team? Do you allow him to play? Do you cut him from the squad? What would a good coach do? What would a an inferior coach do? How Allen handles the situation and what's best for the team as a whole is the issue, not Tuttle.

The proof is in the pudding.
Most programs would cut him loose. Kudos to TA for taking the high road.

Reactions: MIS01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT