ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Tuttle....

jsenleo

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2003
He's a class act... It's clear Tuttle truly loves his teammates and IU and I believer there has to be a number of players on the team who believe he should have been playing too.... but, by not ever mentioning CTA or any coach it's clear he also believes CTA and the program is as the ex-Iowa coach said.... a "clown show". https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/breaking-indiana-hoosiers-quarterback-jack-tuttle-enters-transfer-portal-for-2023-will-stay-with-hoosiers-through-season
I don't know how good Tuttle is or isn't. The amount of playing time Shivers is getting over Henderson leaves me little to no confidence in the coaching staff.

Good luck to Tuttle going forward.

He's a class act... It's clear Tuttle truly loves his teammates and IU and I believe there has to be a number of players on the team who think he should have been playing, too.... but, by not ever mentioning CTA or any coach it's clear he also believes CTA and the program is as the ex-Iowa coach said.... a "clown show". https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/breaking-indiana-hoosiers-quarterback-jack-tuttle-enters-transfer-portal-for-2023-will-stay-with-hoosiers-through-season
Ugh … he may or may not think that, and one may or may not be able to reasonably infer it from the quotes provided, but given what’s in the article, it’s hardly “clear” that JT believes TA and the coaches are a “clown show,” as you categorically state.

Reading is fundamental. Don’t *look* to find what you *want*, deal with the material *as it is* before you write stuff like that.

He's a class act... It's clear Tuttle truly loves his teammates and IU and I believe there has to be a number of players on the team who think he should have been playing, too.... but, by not ever mentioning CTA or any coach it's clear he also believes CTA and the program is as the ex-Iowa coach said.... a "clown show". https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/breaking-indiana-hoosiers-quarterback-jack-tuttle-enters-transfer-portal-for-2023-will-stay-with-hoosiers-through-season
I believe that was an ex-Nebraska coach, but point taken.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Ugh … he may or may not think that, and one may or may not be able to reasonably infer it from the quotes provided, but given what’s in the article, it’s hardly “clear” that JT believes TA and the coaches are a “clown show,” as you categorically state.

Reading is fundamental. Don’t *look* to find what you *want*, deal with the material *as it is* before you write stuff like that.
Well, this quote doesn't indicate he's much of a fan of the coaching staff.

"I love Bloomington, and I love my school, but that's really it."

It was obvious to me too... but I guess Radio Zero didn't get it. Never mention the staff to thank them for, anything?!?... clearly, he's not a fan.
Remember when many here were critical of Ramsey transferring?

Reactions: BayernFan
I agree with that. Just making the point that jsenleo was inserting into Tuttle’s mind thoughts that can’t be said with certainty to be there.
Come on Radio!... You mean to tell me you didn't see the little clowns dancing around inside the cartoon thought bubble above Tuttle's head when he was talking?!?!?.... I saw them clear as day as did DANC and Crayfish57.... open your eyes!! Honestly, I get what your sayin'.... BUT I'M PISSED!!! :)

Except jsenleo … he knows what JT is thinking, right down to the precise wording. 🙄
I think there is a lot of frustration right now, don't you?

If you watched the game Saturday, I would say 'clown show' isn't far off. I'm not ready to declare it yet, but honestly, I believe Allen has lost control of this team and it started last year.

Come on Radio!... You mean to tell me you didn't see the little clowns dancing around inside the cartoon thought bubble above Tuttle's head when he was talking?!?!?.... I saw them clear as day as did DANC and Crayfish57.... open your eyes!! Honestly, I get what your sayin'.... BUT I'M PISSED!!! :)
I told my buddy after the game Saturday that I was disgusted the week before, but this week I was PISSED.

Reactions: jsenleo
Its obvious when not one mention of coaches is made and esp the thats about it statement. As a RMK fan and he had his moments and all but TA just looks like a mad man out there and thats why they play so poorly. Who takes him seriously?

It’s cool, man. I was just trying to make a very limited point. I agree that his failure to mention the staff is notable.

I suppose there *could* be some other factors of greater or lesser importance, but who knows?

If you watched the game Saturday, I would say 'clown show' isn't far off. I'm not ready to declare it yet, but honestly, I believe Allen has lost control of this team and it started last year.
Nothing I’ve written in this thread has been a defense of the coaching staff or where we are at this point in the season, nor was it intended to be read as such.

Bad trouble …

How can you say the coaches have lost control of the team? They battle to the end of every game. If they had lost control of the team do you really think they would come back time and time again?

We pulled a RB last year who fumbled close to the goal line against Cinci. He rarely played after that.

Baz in an interception machine, and he stays in.
The funny thing is the final IU drive where the TD was scored, Baz was literally heaving the ball to the opponent. 9/10 times one of them would have been picked. The two balls that were miraculously tipped to IU. I understand having to just throw it up there, but the balls were practically thrown to the opponent. 😆

Reactions: Chriselli and DANC
The funny thing is the final IU drive where the TD was scored, Baz was literally heaving the ball to the opponent. 9/10 times one of them would have been picked. The two balls that were miraculously tipped to IU. I understand having to just throw it up there, but the balls were practically thrown to the opponent. 😆
Excellent point. Two of those catches were of the miraculous variety.

How can you say the coaches have lost control of the team? They battle to the end of every game. If they had lost control of the team do you really think they would come back time and time again?
I meant in terms of their paying attention to him. For whatever reason, they come out flat both at the beginning of the game and after halftime.

There may be a natural letdown on the part of the other team when they get a big lead and allow us back in.

I just think there is a lack of focus and that's on the coaching staff.

I meant in terms of their paying attention to him. For whatever reason, they come out flat both at the beginning of the game and after halftime.

There may be a natural letdown on the part of the other team when they get a big lead and allow us back in.

I just think there is a lack of focus and that's on the coaching staff.
I do agree it is puzzling as to why they come out flat. It is like they have to get used to the other teams playing speed. But if they continue to fight back as opposed to just lying down then that is a sure sign the coaches have lost the team. however I don't think that has happened yet.

I do agree it is puzzling as to why they come out flat. It is like they have to get used to the other teams playing speed. But if they continue to fight back as opposed to just lying down then that is a sure sign the coaches have lost the team. however I don't think that has happened yet.
They do fight to the end, I'll give you that. It's more than last year's team did.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
One thing I hadn't realized was that Tuttle had gotten the majority of the snaps in preseason. ( I did know that one or two podcasters thought he'd start).

Makes me wonder if CTA was afraid of the fan/press reaction if Tuttle started and we struggled. Also makes me wonder (more) why CB's gotten ALL of the snaps. Was CTA afraid of a QB controversy?

Reactions: jsenleo and DANC
One thing I hadn't realized was that Tuttle had gotten the majority of the snaps in preseason. ( I did know that one or two podcasters thought he'd start).

Makes me wonder if CTA was afraid of the fan/press reaction if Tuttle started and we struggled. Also makes me wonder (more) why CB's gotten ALL of the snaps. Was CTA afraid of a QB controversy?
I can tell you one thing and that is that most coaches could care less what the media thinks. If they are making decisions based on the media then that is a major issue.

The thing is, Allen could have kept Tuttle - and Ramsey - happy, presumably by alternating QBs and see who does better and then go with one if one of them stood out.

It's been done before by other coaches. For some reason, QB is a sacred position on most teams. I get it - it's the most important position on the field. Which is one reason selecting the right person is critical.

When you mention everyone and thing but leave out one person there is generally a reason for that.

Do you think he left out the coaches on accident? Dude didn't even leave out tom brady.

When you mention everyone and thing but leave out one person there is generally a reason for that.

Do you think he left out the coaches on accident? Dude didn't even leave out tom brady.
You’re reasoning deductively but we have *actual quotes* from JT which we can consider when trying to get insight into his thinking. Goddamn … 😑

Directly from the article: “‘ This just gives me the best chance to play next year and be in the best spot. … There's a lot that kind of goes into it.‘“

EDIT. Copy and paste error.

Last edited:
You’re reasoning deductively but we have *actual quotes* from JT which we can consider when trying to get insight into his thinking. Goddamn … 😑

Directly from the article: “‘ This just gives me the best chance to play next year and be in the best spot. … There's a lot that kind of goes into it.‘“

EDIT. Copy and paste error.
Reading is fundamental

I don't know what people are complaining about. Allen obviously taught Tuttle to love. Isn't that the primary IU football team objective? Tom loves Jack, Jack loves Tom. Jack loves the school, Jack loves the town.....he just wants to play for another team....and because we love him and he loves us, he can play for us even though he's decided to leave us after the season. Makes perfect sense....Ahhhh, IU football. There's a reason it is what it is.

I don't know what people are complaining about. Allen obviously taught Tuttle to love. Isn't that the primary IU football team objective? Tom loves Jack, Jack loves Tom. Jack loves the school, Jack loves the town.....he just wants to play for another team....and because we love him and he loves us, he can play for us even though he's decided to leave us after the season. Makes perfect sense....Ahhhh, IU football. There's a reason it is what it is.
I would say this very differently. Jack wants to play for IU but was beaten out for the spot. He wants to play and I don't blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT