ADVERTISEMENT

Intentionally mispronouncing names of political opponents

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
Have you noticed how Trump, even after being corrected, always intentionally mispronounces the name of his presumptive opponent? Apparently, to show disrespect. Fox News regularly does the same thing.

People have explained this to him and others. It's pronounced "COM-a-la". It begins sounding like the punctuation mark, a comma. It’s not ka-MAH-la, or CAM-uh-la, or any other variation.

Just a pet peeve. It’s not hard to pronounce people’s names correctly, but it’s easy to intentionally get it wrong for some sort of power trip. His opponent should start calling Trump DOUGH-nuld, instead of DON-uld.

But, as they say, “they go low, we go high”.

Have you noticed how Trump, even after being corrected, always intentionally mispronounces the name of his presumptive opponent? Apparently, to show disrespect. Fox News regularly does the same thing.

People have explained this to him and others. It's pronounced "COM-a-la". It begins sounding like the punctuation mark, a comma. It’s not ka-MAH-la, or CAM-uh-la, or any other variation.

Just a pet peeve. It’s not hard to pronounce people’s names correctly, but it’s easy to intentionally get it wrong for some sort of power trip. His opponent should start calling Trump DOUGH-nuld, instead of DON-uld.

Were you going high last night posting about the N word trying to attach it to crazy. 🤡🤡🤡. I’m sure you’re a pet peeve to all you encounter on top of being dumb as hell

I was simply removing the "code words" that a MAGA nut on here used, and maybe a few others, every time they talk about, for example...
Kamala Harris
Serena Williams
Stacey Abrams
Karine Jean-Pierre
Britney Griner
many others...

Their harshest criticism seems to focus specifically on successful black women. I wonder why?

Last edited:
I was simply removing the "code words" that many MAGA fans on here use, every time they talk about, for example...
Kamala Harris
Serena Williams
Stacey Abrams
Karine Jean-Pierre
Britney Griner
many others...

Their harshest criticism seems to focus specifically on successful black women. I wonder why?
No you tried to impute it to crazy and looked like a fool in the process. And that is in keeping with you. A fool. Probably bc you have isolated yourself in a world of misfits who are easily manipulated. You’re in a cult with a view that doesn’t comport with reality. The world should have you on ignore

Stay on the sidewalk out of the way of normal people

I would have thought with Trump its more likely that he doesn't have the decency to care what the correct pronunciation is. He lacks common decency on many things, just assumed this was another of them.

You might be giving him too much credit? If he is intentionally mispronouncing it, he's pandering to his own base, and continuing to make himself look bad to most everyone else.

In the end...not a big needle mover, for me.

Well, before she became a person who's name I would remember, there was only one Kamala I was aware of and that Kamala Harris predated her by about 14 years. He pronounced it ka-MAH-la so I won't be changing how I pronounce it any time soon.

images

It's been discussed since 2020.

There's even a Senate staff softball team poking fun at it.

The Oxford Kamalas

GTQR7XjWwAAkQOb.jpg

Reactions: Ohio Guy

I guess this must be an ultra triggered far left thing. Nobody else cares, I assure you.

I would have thought with Trump its more likely that he doesn't have the decency to care what the correct pronunciation is. He lacks common decency on many things, just assumed this was another of them.

You might be giving him too much credit? If he is intentionally mispronouncing it, he's pandering to his own base, and continuing to make himself look bad to most everyone else.

In the end...not a big needle mover, for me.
You, my friend, are a baby.

Thanks Shooter for the correct pronunciation.

From now on she will be COMala until someone corrects me...which is bound to happen.

If I happen to see her at Aldis, I'll hold the door for her and call her Mrs. Harris.

Last time I held the door for one of those progressive females, she told me she could do it for herself.

Trump is a 7 year old child. I am surprised he doesn't start each rally with "Hi, I'm Donald. Pull my finger".

Well, before she became a person who's name I would remember, there was only one Kamala I was aware of and that Kamala Harris predated her by about 14 years. He pronounced it ka-MAH-la so I won't be changing how I pronounce it any time soon.

images

Ironically, that guy’s real name was James Harris.

I guess this must be an ultra triggered far left thing.
Is the Washington Post "far left"? How about USA Today?

Google finds many other articles on the topic
A theme at the Republican convention: Mispronouncing Vice President Kamala (Comma-la) Harris’s name.

Mispronouncing ‘Kamala’: Accident or message?

I have heard it compared to a slave owner demanding to give his slave a new name as a sign of empowerment. I'm not sure I would go that far, but it certainly has a racist tinge to it in some cases.

Last edited:

A theme at the Republican convention: Mispronouncing Vice President Kamala (Comma-la) Harris’s name.

Surprised Trump doesn't call her... Commie-la.

After all, he is a very clever and humorous guy with his name calling, ugh.

So presidential :).

What a funny thread...It makes me laugh thinking back on all the people I've gone up against in whatever. The super competitive ones will stoop at anything. Christ, even Trumps grand daughter said if he's playing against her he'll try to get into her head. Then she reminds him she's a Trump too. Gamesmanship is part of the game. Libs and other p*ssies get so GD offended over the crap he says I love it. Grow a pair or gtfo.

What a funny thread...It makes me laugh thinking back on all the people I've gone up against in whatever. The super competitive ones will stoop at anything. Christ, even Trumps grand daughter said if he's playing against her he'll try to get into her head. Then she reminds him she's a Trump too. Gamesmanship is part of the game. Libs and other p*ssies get so GD offended over the crap he says I love it. Grow a pair or gtfo.
Holy shit. Now you’re quoting his granddaughter?

TDS, dude. You’ve got it bad.

I’m reminded of the response attributed to G. Gordon Liddy by Deep Throat in “All the President’s Men” when somebody had asked him what the trick was to keeping his hand steady while it’s burning in a flame.

“The trick,” Liddy said, “is not minding.”

I certainly wouldn’t say that Trump’s foes “go high” when talking about him. I mean…they basically sought to bankrupt him recently.

Anyway, I find it best, for me, to just ignore this sort of taunting. It’s all done to elicit emotional responses. And I’m just not that interested in ceding that sort of power over me to manipulative politicians.

Last edited:

Remember playing a tennis match in a tournament to see who could represent Indianapolis against players from a suburb of Toronto.

I had managed to advance far enough that my competitor was a far better player. Not knowing how good I was, he played mind games with me such as asking why I didn't have a back up racquet.

Instead of being intimidated, I was honored he thought his put downs were necessary.

Remember playing a tennis match in a tournament to see who could represent Indianapolis against players from a suburb of Toronto.

I had managed to advance far enough that my competitor was a far better player. Not knowing how good I was, he played mind games with me such as asking why I didn't have a back up racquet.

Instead of being intimidated, I was honored he thought his put downs were necessary.
Okay hoot he’s not talking about amateur suburban tennis. He’s talking about holding the life of another man in his hands and having a decision to make.

I absolutely would love to hear your tennis stories. Put them under the X thread or start a new one

Reactions: hoot1
Wow! I like how you said this. Any of it mortal? Like you knew it was going to either have to be you or him?

@snarlcakes when you get back from the convention can you shoot him out an invitation to The Annual
In anything...I remember golfing as a kid and people who tried hustling you on the putting green or wherever. The would walk in your line. press a putter down hard in your line, stand behind the hole, behind me OR shadow in the line. All kinds of crap. Playing cards, shooting hoops, you can't tell me you've never done it. You'd be lying if you did. I think it's hilarious because if you're soft, you've already lost and Trump damn well knows libs are soft and easily offended. Hell, you just say his name on this board and half this place gets so full of rage it's a comedy show. Thats a fact!

In anything...I remember golfing as a kid and people who tried hustling you on the putting green or wherever. The would walk in your line. press a putter down hard in your line, stand behind the hole, behind me OR shadow in the line. All kinds of crap. Playing cards, shooting hoops, you can't tell me you've never done it. You'd be lying if you did. I think it's hilarious because if you're soft, you've already lost and Trump damn well knows libs are soft and easily offended. Hell, you just say his name on this board and half this place gets so full of rage it's a comedy show. Thats a fact!
Okay but we’re not really talking about stepping on someone’s putting line at the country club. Just so you know @DANC was a sniper fluent in multiple languages with kills. Ranger has kills. Mas was a sarge. Anyway.

@snarlcakes pull that invite

Okay hoot he’s not talking about amateur suburban tennis. He’s talking about holding the life of another man in his hands and having a decision to make.

I absolutely would love to hear your tennis stories. Put them under the X thread or start a new one

Edit hoot. He was talking about cc golf. Sorry

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
Thanks Shooter for the correct pronunciation.

From now on she will be COMala until someone corrects me...which is bound to happen.

If I happen to see her at Aldis, I'll hold the door for her and call her Mrs. Harris.

Last time I held the door for one of those progressive females, she told me she could do it for herself.
Lucky @outside shooter wasn't there. He’d have run over and said “yeah! she can do it herself, white man!”

Okay but we’re not really talking about stepping on someone’s putting line at the country club. Just so you know @DANC was a sniper fluent in multiple languages with kills. Ranger has kills. Mas was a sarge. Anyway.

@snarlcakes pull that invite

MM66, didn't know DANC could criticise (snipe at) people in several languages.

MM66, just poking fun at your post which I thought was the theme of this thread. Couldn't resist.

No I'm not talking about that murt FFS. This thread should take an immediate turn and begin about whatever you did to get in an opponents head, because that is all Trump is doing. My ex boss reminds me of Trump totally. He would say all kinds of sh!t to try and get an advantage on me playing backgammon. Some of it was hilarious. I remember him and my brother doubling down on the last hole on a double or nothing golf game. I hocked a loogie in the air caught it, chewed it and swallowed it. Before every shot they would hit I would threaten to do it again...We won the hole and the double or nothing.

Can you go a day without thinking about Orange Man?

I have heard it compared to a slave owner demanding to give his slave a new name as a sign of empowerment. I'm not sure I would go that far, but it certainly has a racist tinge to it in some cases.
You guys are always searching for things to be offended by…

Words hurt you,
Clothes hurt you,
Memes hurt you,
Jokes hurt you,
Half the time you probably don’t even know what hurt you,
But you’re super mad, trust we heard you.

You've never gone high.

It's been discussed since 2020.

There's even a Senate staff softball team poking fun at it.

The Oxford Kamalas

GTQR7XjWwAAkQOb.jpg

Couple of things here:

1. There a LOT of managers on this softball team. Like, a LOT.
2. The 2nd Gentleman's hand is on the offensive and she's clearly seen this trick before. I can respect it.
2a. He's holding her glove. Awww
3. I feel for the guy on the far left sticking out above everyone. Basically every picture I'm in these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT