ADVERTISEMENT

Integrative Dry Needling. Anybody have any experience with this?

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
(I know there are an unusually high number of needlers here, so all the jokes that you come up with have already been heard at the bar this afternoon. So, let’s keep this real.)

This has been recommended by my PT group for the last spot of unrepentant pain near the total knee replacement surgical area, deep and on the inside of the knee. Found the spot with some intense massage and probing around the knee. I levitated about a foot off the table when she found it.

Anyway, they gave me some info about IDN and said we should try it at the next session. Looks a lot like acupuncture, “but it’s NOT acupuncture; it’s based on neuro-anatomy and modern scientific study of the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular systems.” Hoo-boy. That’s really helpful . .

Checked it out and it looks legit. Anybody had any personal experience with this?

TIA

(I know there are an unusually high number of needlers here, so all the jokes that you come up with have already been heard at the bar this afternoon. So, let’s keep this real.)

This has been recommended by my PT group for the last spot of unrepentant pain near the total knee replacement surgical area, deep and on the inside of the knee. Found the spot with some intense massage and probing around the knee. I levitated about a foot off the table when she found it.

Anyway, they gave me some info about IDN and said we should try it at the next session. Looks a lot like acupuncture, “but it’s NOT acupuncture; it’s based on neuro-anatomy and modern scientific study of the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular systems.” Hoo-boy. That’s really helpful . .

Checked it out and it looks legit. Anybody had any personal experience with this?

TIA

If this were the run an electric current through the needles, I had it a couple years ago. It didn’t help much and I told the PT that we prosecuted that as a war crime.

TIA
My PT did several sessions on my lower back. It didn’t help. He gave me 4/5 exercises that worked great.

Reactions: Univee2
If this were the run an electric current through the needles, I had it a couple years ago. It didn’t help much and I told the PT that we prosecuted that as a war crime.
“War crime.” Classic. I’m stealing that and using it . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT