ADVERTISEMENT

Inherent Algo Bias?

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
The CPUs don't like Indiana this year. iubb is only favored once in all of Jan according to ESPN Analytics. Still slogging in the 80s in KenPom. Literally the lowest Power Conference school w/ 10 wins. Why do they hate us?

Bias would indicate there is something wrong with the algos, rather than the more obvious answer that the team just isn't very good.

I think Kpom has us like #2 in the country in 'luck'.... So we've got that going for us.

Bias would indicate there is something wrong with the algos, rather than the more obvious answer that the team just isn't very good.

I think Kpom has us like #2 in the country in 'luck'.... So we've got that going for us.
Our luck ran out tonight...and we were awful. My junior year daughter was disgusted lol. Our ceiling is high, but our floor is disapportionately lower. Starting X was a mistake imo.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
Our luck ran out tonight...and we were awful. My junior year daughter was disgusted lol. Our ceiling is high, but our floor is disapportionately lower. Starting X was a mistake imo.
Well, XJ might've looked good in practice, so Woody started him. But remember, he probably looked good against IU's backcourt players. They've not exactly been the early 1990 Pistons on Defense, so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT