ADVERTISEMENT

Indoor Football Facility

What are your thoughts on these? Do we need one? Will we get one eventually?
We already have a nice one.

John Mellencamp Pavilion
In addition, the Indiana Football practice fields are directly connected to the North End Zone facility by a tunnel that leads onto the south end of the fields. Mellencamp Pavilion, which opens onto the practice fields, gives the team a place to practice during inclement weather.

Mellencamp Pavilion features a new Sportexe Momentum 41 artificial surface that was installed in 2007.The Indiana practice fields, attached to the North End Zone by tunnel, provide two full side-by-side grass fields.Memorial Stadium, used for walk-throughs during game week, features a FieldTurf surface that was replaced during the summer of 2008.

John Mellencamp Pavilion
In addition, the Indiana Football practice fields are directly connected to the North End Zone facility by a tunnel that leads onto the south end of the fields. Mellencamp Pavilion, which opens onto the practice fields, gives the team a place to practice during inclement weather.

Mellencamp Pavilion features a new Sportexe Momentum 41 artificial surface that was installed in 2007.The Indiana practice fields, attached to the North End Zone by tunnel, provide two full side-by-side grass fields.Memorial Stadium, used for walk-throughs during game week, features a FieldTurf surface that was replaced during the summer of 2008.

I mean.....

Reactions: limestonecowboy
I do think we need a miniature golf course and a water slide installed in the football complex. That is when you know you’ve reached the big time. Maybe a koi pond?

Call it “Koi Cronk’s Pond” and maybe include a little nature trail?
But is it Keto-friendly?*ducks*.LOL

John Mellencamp Pavilion

I would say that this is an area of opportunity for our next major facilities investment. Mellencamp is pretty mediocre and is a very shared facility. I'm not on the "football only" bandwagon but Mellencamp is not really completely functional for football.

I would say that this is an area of opportunity for our next major facilities investment. Mellencamp is pretty mediocre and is a very shared facility. I'm not on the "football only" bandwagon but Mellencamp is not really completely functional for football.
When you're right, you're right!

It's what, 30 or more years old? It was fine when it was first built, but it's probably outdated by now.

That is definitely an area for improvement. Absolutely. But OP asking "when will we ever get one" when we've already had one is just...

Does every Big Ten school have an indoor football practice facility?

I’m not talking about weight rooms, lounges and lockers.
I’m talking about climate-controlled artificial turf fields that are fully enclosed.

Every one I’ve seen looks like almost a carbon copy of each other, Mellencamp included.

Reactions: midwolfe and DANC
Yeah. We have one. Not sure I'd call it "nice". Serviceable is more like it. It's pretty bare bones and I don't think it is even big enough for a full sized field.
There's talks of upgrading in the near future though I believe it's all just in the talking phase at this point. No actual plans drawn up. The powers that be know that there needs to be upgrades and there's been a push for that the past year or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT