ADVERTISEMENT

Indianapolis Crime

Doesn't Indy have a Democrat mayor? Sounds like Dems don't want to hear about it or address it either.
I would say acknowledging and admiting a problem exists and even just attempting to do something about it always beats ignoring a problem and inventing boogeymen.

Indiana has a Republican majority state government, majority Republican federal Reps, two Republican federal Senators, and Republican govnernor: what is your point?

I would say acknowledging and admiting a problem exists and even just attempting to do something about it always beats ignoring a problem and inventing boogeymen.

Indiana has a Republican majority state government, majority Republican federal Reps, two Republican federal Senators, and Republican govnernor: what is your point?
That the mayor of the city is a democrat, We have a Democratic president and a dem majority federal government , so what is your point?

That the mayor of the city is a democrat, We have a Democratic president and a dem majority federal government , so what is your point?
It appeared to me that you were trying to blame the Democratic party for crime, and my point was you could just as easily blame the Republican party for crime.

It appeared to me that you were trying to blame the Democratic party for crime, and my point was you could just as easily blame the Republican party for crime.
That is funny because I was replying to your initial post blaming republicans before I said anything. If the mayor is a Dem pretty much seems like buck stops there. I admit to not knowing all of Marion county/Indy politics but guessing it's heavily Dem so take care of it there.

That is funny because I was replying to your initial post blaming republicans before I said anything. If the mayor is a Dem pretty much seems like buck stops there. I admit to not knowing all of Marion county/Indy politics but guessing it's heavily Dem so take care of it there.
That would be a misrepresentation of my words: I never blamed anybody for anything, including a political party. I did state that the Republican party isn't interested in acknowledging the root cause of crime because it does not mesh with the politics. The next page of the big city crime boogeyman is the Democratic mayor, which you introduced.

Ballard was mayor for 8 years and Trump was President for 4, and Marion County didn't turn into a kumbaya campfire during their time, either. Actually, Indiana politics is very conservative. I could also very easily show you bunch of crime that occurs in non-Marion Indiana counties.

Obviously there are exceptions... but the very vast majority of violent crime in Indy (like most everywhere else) is occurring between people that know each other. Get in some dispute and then settle it by shooting each other. Random violent crimes are pretty rare.

Violent crime has increased significantly in basically every city in the country since Covid began. Not excusing Indy, as there are valid criticisms here.

C'mon, Jim, every Dem mayoral candidate runs on a pro-murder platform.
I checked...Hogsett hasn't been charged with any murders while in office. Now, if he would just fix the pot holes.

Anyway, my wife and I walked to the Central library where she returned a book. We then strolled on over to Bazbeaux for lunch, and then on to The TJ Maxx's because, wife. We then walked around the circle and used Market Street to return home. Believe it or not, we were not shot, or even shot at, nor did we witness any acts of violence. No marauding gangs of thugs approached us, unless you want to count the two blondes with green vests, who were pushing some charity in front of McCormick and Schmick's. I politely declined, and they moved on to the people behind us.
Of course, there are about 50,000 firemen, EMT, etc., in town for the weekend, so that may be the reason for the lack of rampant crime. I guess no one told them about the dystopian hellscape that is downtown Indy because everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood.

Obviously there are exceptions... but the very vast majority of violent crime in Indy (like most everywhere else) is occurring between people that know each other. Get in some dispute and then settle it by shooting each other. Random violent crimes are pretty rare.

Violent crime has increased significantly in basically every city in the country since Covid began. Not excusing Indy, as there are valid criticisms here.
Being locked down, masked up, stressed out and just grumpy in general surely didn’t help.
Familiary breeds contempt as the old saying Goes.

Indy downtown clan, you can put a stop to all this, all the pain. Just walk away from the gasoline.

3GyT.gif

Reactions: larsIU
The problem is there to see, but we won’t look.

Too many black young men have no fathers, no home, no education, no structure, and no discipline. But they do have gangs guns and drugs. Meanwhile the idiots in Washington keep saying white racism is the #1 problem in America.

Black lives don’t matter to our leaders.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-10.05.31-PM.png

Almost all crime statistics are black on black statistics.
We do have a problem hen a white cop shoot a unarm blk man in the back of the head. Yes we have alot of blk on blk crime but no 1 is talking about jobs education,housing or opportunities.

Yes..., and anyone who thinks everything is still "okay" in Indianapolis just because they were lucky enough to get to and from their car safely on Mass Ave is clueless... (and they were "lucky" because a guy was shot right next to Mass Ave last month)...

Dim Mayor & Administration = out of control crime... That sad equation has once again shown itself to be valid...
Mayors can have a great impact on the safety of their city. Giuliani cleaned up New York and it wasn't by accident. It is all about enforcement. If people want to go downtown then they have to feel safe and all laws must be enforced. Loitering and public urination and defecation are not minor crimes when they are allowed to go on. You will end up getting more of it.

Mayors can have a great impact on the safety of their city. Giuliani cleaned up New York and it wasn't by accident. It is all about enforcement. If people want to go downtown then they have to feel safe and all laws must be enforced. Loitering and public urination and defecation are not minor crimes when they are allowed to go on. You will end up getting more of it.
Last time you were downtown Indy? Be honest.

As a downtown resident who has a five minute stroll to Mass. Avenue, as I walk along the Cultural Trail and look at the housing boom (apartments, condos, townhomes, etc) and eat/drink/listen to live music at some of the new restaurants opening weekly, the only thing out of control is the parking on Mass. Avenue.
Go ahead and stay away, though. Uptight out of towners are usually annoying.

Edit to add: I don't want to seem like I am trivializing the events of last weekend...the gun violence was bad in every way, and it was a horrible weekend for the Indy metro area, as it is anywhere, big city or small town, when criminals murder innocent victims. The father who was shot in front of his family at his daughter's birthday party was particularly tragic.
Nothing more relaxing than stepping over the homeless and ignoring the panhandlers around the circle... sorry, I am an uptight out of towner who won't return to downtown.

From a feel good story about a small business reopening on the East Side of Indy...

To a WTF moment in a matter of days.

I used to eat there a few times a month when I worked for a nearby bank back in the late 90's. WTF is wrong with people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT