ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana teacher arrested after hitting student in school

• Thread starter anon_6hv78pr714xta
  • Start date
A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

Amazingly, most of the community on FB is supporting the teacher and blaming the kid. They think he should have been let go, but allowed to receive his full pension and quite a few think the kid "had it coming," because he had apparently been previously expelled and was a handful.

Anyone know if Indiana teacher's lose their pensions if fired instead of allowed to retire? I find it hard to believe that someone could lose an entire 40-year's-earned pension but the news reports seemed to imply that would have been the case.

Obviously teachers need to show better restraint than that but unless the teacher has a history of altercations, I hope it doesn't cost him his pension.

Back when I went to school, kids with constant behavior issues went to a different school. I believe that is not allowed any more but unfortunate because teachers having to deal with disruptive kids takes time away from the other kids that are there to learn.

Reactions: Bill4411
On Tuck Carlson tonight, "Teacher fights Antifa kid."

The teacher has some history... https://www.southbendtribune.com/st...from-jimtown-high-school-classroom/117127876/

Edit: From the article...

In their complaint, the student claimed Hosinski was pushing his personal political opinions on students during a lecture on Aug. 16, rather than teaching social studies.

“Hosinski told the class Hillary and Obama are criminals, President Donald Trump is great, and Democrats are liars. He told them abortion should be illegal,” the statement complaint alleged. “My student says ‘he told the class Bill Clinton’s friend takes little girls to a sex island and anyone who finds out is killed. Korea has nukes, something about Muslims taking over, and something about gay people getting married.’”

Sounds like Hosinki was a big proponent of CRT.

Last edited:

Amazingly, most of the community on FB is supporting the teacher and blaming the kid. They think he should have been let go, but allowed to receive his full pension and quite a few think the kid "had it coming," because he had apparently been previously expelled and was a handful.

Anyone know if Indiana teacher's lose their pensions if fired instead of allowed to retire? I find it hard to believe that someone could lose an entire 40-year's-earned pension but the news reports seemed to imply that would have been the case.

If the kid was a problem, that context should be taken into account. However, two key points:

1) The confrontation was over clothing, which is not an acceptable reason to use force under any circumstance. If the kid was assaulting his classmates or something, then maybe. But he was walking out or away.

The school's district, Baugo Community Schools, confirmed the incident in a statement saying Hosinski confronted a student about their attire, specifically a hoodie, and the verbal exchange culminated with "an open-handed slap." The district said the student “suffered visible injuries.”

2) He's keeping his pension

The school board approved early retirement and full pension for Hosinski, NBC affiliate WNDU of South Bend, Indiana, reported.

I was just about to post that article, from it:

In photos obtained by NIA, some of the posters and stickers found in the classroom said things like “Proud to be a conservative,” “Choose life, your mom did” and “Liberalism is a mental disorder.”​
I can't imagine how he was integrating CRT into his curriculum.

344150309da9caf98e93e636c36efa3c.jpg

Astonishing that the school allowed that teacher to have such a bulletin board. Sue the teacher, Sue the school. That kid will have a pension before he graduates from high school.

Lot of people getting worked up over this guy showing his politics in a classroom who have been saying, "no big deal..." on the exact same thing for months now.

I think that none of it should be allowed, but hey, if my kids have to listen to politically motivated leftist bull shit, then I give zero ****s about somebody else's child getting force fed conservative politics. Looks like the guy was just teaching history to me....

Lot of people getting worked up over this guy showing his politics in a classroom who have been saying, "no big deal..." on the exact same thing for months now.

I think that none of it should be allowed, but hey, if my kids have to listen to politically motivated leftist bull shit, then I give zero ****s about somebody else's child getting force fed conservative politics. Looks like the guy was just teaching history to me....

Show one post saying that teachers should be allowed to put "Conservatives sucks donkey balls" in their classroom and then you'll have a point.

CRT isn't anywhere close to what he had on his bulletin board. Nice try but not comparable.

Reactions: UncleMark
Is it possible there was another display of "lefty" bumper stickers? If not,then he's completely out of line.
Actually, I followed that story at the time. I think there were some lefty ones. His excuse was that former students would bring him most of those and he would put them up as examples of political speech and that most former students brought in conservative slogans.

He's an avowed conservative, though. Here's some more flavor:

Who is Mike Hosinski?​

Hosinski has been an educator for 40 years, and was named Teacher of the Year in 2020, according to a Jimtown High School social media post.

Students organized a walkout Monday morning in support of Hosinski, hours before video surveillance footage was posted on The Tribune's website.

A Change.org petition supporting the teacher had secured more than 1,300 signatures by 9 p.m. Monday.

The district's original message said he was no longer employed, which created a large online and in-person show of support for the teacher.

On the Monday following the incident, the Baugo school board voted unanimously to award Hosinski early retirement and allow him to collect his pension . Dozens of parents defended the longtime social studies teacher at the meeting and applauded the board's decision.

Not Hosinski's first time in spotlight​

In 2019, Hosinski drew the ire of families and a local atheist group for materials and lessons that some believed pushed Hosinski's political and religious beliefs on students.

The Northern Indiana Atheists issued an alleged statement complaint: “Hosinski told the class Hillary and Obama are criminals, President Donald Trump is great, and Democrats are liars. He told them abortion should be illegal."

"My student says ‘he told the class Bill Clinton’s friend takes little girls to a sex island and anyone who finds out is killed. Korea has nukes, something about Muslims taking over, and something about gay people getting married.’”

A formal complaint with the Freedom from Religion Foundation led to the school taking action and had all materials that could advance partisan or religious viewpoints removed.

The school district also addressed Hosinski's lessons, enforcing guidelines that ensure "teaching techniques in our schools do not violate civil liberties and a clear separation between church and state is honored."

I forgot to add: he was also a shitty basketball coach. He must have one of the worst high school records in state history. I wish they would report on that.
Maybe all of the players on the Jimtown Jimmies had to have the name Jim, Jimmie, or Gym. That would limit the talent pool.

Some on here who often rail against "the indoctrination of our kids" seem fine with the indoctrination of our kids, as long as it is indoctrination of the type that they believe in.

Should have lost his job long before for that display alone.
You know, i'm hesitant to say that was prominently displayed in the classroom, so to speak. There are clearly shelves right next to that cabinet so maybe it's in a side office or closet of some sort. I don't know. Seems almost inconceivable that display would be allowed to stand for what looks like years (based on some of those stickers).

Reactions: Crayfish57
That teacher is revered in that school.
I had a teacher that was revered not only by me but by anybody with a brain that was in his class. He taught all the AP history and geography classes. Was the football coach for some years as well. Brilliant guy. Big time Republican. But you'd never know it other than saying he dressed conservatively. His classroom was a place you could offer any opinion as long as you were willing to be challenged on it.

Retired several years ago. Had the biggest fingers I've ever seen in my life as well.

You know, i'm hesitant to say that was prominently displayed in the classroom, so to speak. There are clearly shelves right next to that cabinet so maybe it's in a side office or closet of some sort. I don't know. Seems almost inconceivable that display would be allowed to stand for what looks like years (based on some of those stickers).
To the right looks like a painted wall map of the world, suggesting it is right in his classroom. The stickers cover your typical in-class corner supply cabinet of any teacher's home room, and one that has been expanded regularly over a decade or more.

I had a teacher that was revered not only by me but by anybody with a brain that was in his class. He taught all the AP history and geography classes. Was the football coach for some years as well. Brilliant guy. Big time Republican. But you'd never know it other than saying he dressed conservatively. His classroom was a place you could offer any opinion as long as you were willing to be challenged on it.

Retired several years ago. Had the biggest fingers I've ever seen in my life as well.
did he touch you? last sentence was concerning

To the right looks like a painted wall map of the world, suggesting it is right in his classroom. The stickers cover your typical in-class corner supply cabinet of any teacher's home room, and one that has been expanded regularly over a decade or more.
Fair enough. Like I said, just unreal this was allowed to occur in a classroom. blows my mind. Even in rural Indiana.

Reactions: outside shooter
My wife's band teacher was well-liked too, if you took a vote. This was in the Texas Bible belt. He used to begin every band practice or performance with forcing the kids to all to bow their heads in prayer, while he had some decidedly non-secular prayers that trended toward what you would hear from the Westboro Baptist Church. He would berate the kids who didn't bow their heads. My wife, a Catholic, complained to her father. He in turn complained to the school principal and created a bit of a controversy. The band director didn't get fired (this was late 70s) but he was apparently asked to "tone it down a bit".

I had a teacher that was revered not only by me but by anybody with a brain that was in his class. He taught all the AP history and geography classes. Was the football coach for some years as well. Brilliant guy. Big time Republican. But you'd never know it other than saying he dressed conservatively. His enough classroom was a place you could offer any opinion as long as you were willing to be challenged on it.

When I was a kid they still used a laminated paddle with holes drilled in it (for a faster swing) on anyone who disrupted class... Just seeing it hung up next to the blackboard dissuaded most...

As to the teachers themselves, they were some of the best in the country (yeah, yeah, obviously I didn't take advantage of my bounty 😉) , several moonlighted by teaching college classes at then Indiana Central (Indianapolis University now)...

Couldn't have told you who any of them voted for or what type of political beliefs a single one of them had... They focused on the job, not their flavor of activism...

Last edited:
On Tuck Carlson tonight, "Teacher fights Antifa kid."

The teacher has some history... https://www.southbendtribune.com/st...from-jimtown-high-school-classroom/117127876/

Edit: From the article...

In their complaint, the student claimed Hosinski was pushing his personal political opinions on students during a lecture on Aug. 16, rather than teaching social studies.

“Hosinski told the class Hillary and Obama are criminals, President Donald Trump is great, and Democrats are liars. He told them abortion should be illegal,” the statement complaint alleged. “My student says ‘he told the class Bill Clinton’s friend takes little girls to a sex island and anyone who finds out is killed. Korea has nukes, something about Muslims taking over, and something about gay people getting married.’”

Sounds like Hosinki was a big proponent of CRT.
His opinion of the Democratic Party of liars is almost as low as mine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT