ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana not very happy.

California is in the top 10 happiest states? But, but, I'm told it's a hellhole?
shit california should be number 1. what other state can you snow ski and water ski in the same day. everywhere you look is gorgeous. incredible weather. california has it all. come over to missouri and dodge potholes while arguing over which of the three things to go do that we've all done 8,309,476 times. we're heroes for being as positive as we are here

• Haha
Reactions: Cortez88 and larsIU
Interesting that Maryland is 3rd. Anecdotally, that’s the one place I’ve lived that people were way over worked and constantly tried not to just keep up with, but outdo the Joneses. I think people like it there, but I also think some of the most stressed people probably would tell you they’re the happiest because they assume their neighbors or other families at their kids schools are.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
come over to missouri and dodge potholes while arguing over which of the three things to go do that we've all done 8,309,476 times.
Screamin-Eagle-scaled.jpg

now that place is a shithole. and what fond memories i have from there as a kid. it was immaculate. arcades with all the good video games. dragon's lair!! remember that video game? dirk the daring. changed everything with the graphics. it also cost 50 cents which was mind-blowing. we used to take the bus! my friends and i. they had the six flags route. mtv concerts there. milli vanilli. downtown julie brown. my first hookup with my first longtime stoker i probably should have married and flown straight with happened behind the mine train. wow wow.

now it's a living hell. rides are all broken. workers filthy. crowd even worse. they get their season pass the day they are available at a discount. then their first visit they buy their six flags free refill soda bucket and keep it going all year. a cloud of flies following them in tow. inedible food. just awful. girly pop won't even go. not even for fright fest

now that place is a shithole. and what fond memories i have from there as a kid. it was immaculate. arcades with all the good video games. dragon's lair!! remember that video game? dirk the daring. changed everything with the graphics. it also cost 50 cents which was mind-blowing. we used to take the bus! my friends and i. they had the six flags route. mtv concerts there. milli vanilli. downtown julie brown. my first hookup with my first longtime stoker i probably should have married and flown straight with happened behind the mine train. wow wow.

now it's a living hell. rides are all broken. workers filthy. crowd even worse. they get their season pass the day they are available at a discount. then their first visit they buy their six flags free refill soda bucket and keep it going all year. a cloud of flies following them in tow. inedible food. just awful. girly pop won't even go. not even for fright fest

Dragon’s Lair changed everything.

shit california should be number 1. what other state can you snow ski and water ski in the same day. everywhere you look is gorgeous. incredible weather. california has it all. come over to missouri and dodge potholes while arguing over which of the three things to go do that we've all done 8,309,476 times. we're heroes for being as positive as we are here
You have awesome lakes. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Behind the mine train.

How could a girl resist after such a romantic encounter 😄.

Comparing states can be very deceptive as within each state there are a variety of communities which can be vastly different.

Also people can vary in terms of what makes them happy. Some of us like urban communities and others find happiness in a rural environment.

Heck, within walking distance of my home there are neighborhoods with folks who have different levels of happiness regarding their immediate surroundings.

We haven't won a national title in our sport since 1987, I reserve the right to be grumpy.
Hey, Lunardi has us as a 10 seed this year!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reactions: IUCrazy2
If they talked to me, Indiana would be #1.
Finding out Hoosiers aren't all that happy makes me happy. Proves I am a well adjusted person in spite of my home state :) .

Just kidding, actually think rankings such as this are a crock.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
Finding out Hoosiers aren't all that happy makes me happy. Proves I am a well adjusted person in spite of my home state :) .

Just kidding, actually think rankings such as this are a crock.
Agree, these ranking are bullshit. Complete waste of time.

I canoed it when I was 50. Best thing about it was when I got to St Louis, I kept going.
Amazing. I honestly don’t remember anything about it. We went a few times with my best bud and our dads when were little kids. I can’t remember if it was the current or the huzzah but one was miserable. We kept having to carry the canoes. My buddy’s dad had a bronco. We would take out the back window and ride in lawn chairs looking backwards. Funny I had dinner with the two of them this past weekend and he brought that up. I don’t do any of that stuff with my daughter. She turns 13 this weekend. Im probably running out of time

Amazing. I honestly don’t remember anything about it. We went a few times with my best bud and our dads when were little kids. I can’t remember if it was the current or the huzzah but one was miserable. We kept having to carry the canoes. My buddy’s dad had a bronco. We would take out the back window and ride in lawn chairs looking backwards. Funny I had dinner with the two of them this past weekend and he brought that up. I don’t do any of that stuff with my daughter. She turns 13 this weekend. Im probably running out of time
It's never too late to make your kids miserable on a gravel bar in the Ozarks. Toughens 'em up!

Need to introduce her to this guy...he's a musician.

banjo-deliverance.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT