ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana is gonna have to raise big money to play players…..

Not everyone is doing this. The entire bottom half of the B1G isn’t. We’ll never get ROI chasing players.

Not everyone is doing this. The entire bottom half of the B1G isn’t. We’ll never get ROI chasing players.
Yep. There’s no arms race we’re gonna win. We could put every donor dollar in a basket and not be able to bring in more than a small handful of impact players. Then get out of for them after their first year.

Bc everyone else is. With the Big Ten going to premium status, IU risks getting absolutely buried.

Set up a solid well funded NIL program ASAP.
Yeah. I wish they’d have let Allen coach out his contract and used the buyout money for NIL.

Makes me wonder about "reverse roster building" with all the other teams buying their rosters. How much money are top recruits out of high school demanding? Could IU survive the current and future CFB environment by going against the grain by recruiting and building a roster of only their high school recruits year after year???

My quick answer to myself was NO .... because after their first year ... those good freshman or sophomore's go to the highest bidder as soon as the season is over.

With UDub, Oregon, USC and UCLA added to the conference, it will not matter the East and West divisions are disovlved, it will be brutal trying to survive B1G Football and not only for IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT