ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana f’d up… bigly

Now an innocent UberEats driver is dead

Who is the DA, judge responsible for this death?
When people have done that to themselves and have committed crimes already no reason to ever let them out. Normal people don't do things like that to themselves . Neck tats are almost a gift to police let alone faces for ID . I can't even imagine people doing Uber to begin with esp at night.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
The article says he was out on parole. Had nothing to do with a prosecutor or judge.
Who the hell did it have to do with then? Someone set up the parameters . I know though in the interest of liberalism that doesnt matter nor does the guy he killed. Maybe they can let him out again to find another victim?

Reactions: stollcpa

If it’s the same guy, looks like conviction was out of Laporte County in 2018.

But if he’s a parolee, it would be the parole board’s “fault” I guess.

More: he was convicted of felony battery in 2018 and sentenced to five years. He was paroled six months early, which is normal. The only thing f*cked up here is him.
Besides you GD liberals you parole someone that looks like that? Seriously did you think he was on his way to become a useful member of society. You make me want to puke defending this

Reactions: DANC
Besides you GD liberals you parole someone that looks like that? Seriously did you think he was on his way to become a useful member of society. You make me want to puke defending this
For sure. Indiana’s notoriously liberal legislature and executive branch. Get real.

And not for nothing, Justice is blind. “Someone who looks like that” cannot and should not ever be a consideration of anything related to application of the law, lest one of us ever be on the wrong side of that statement.

• Haha

He was originally charged in LaPorte Co. with a Level 3 Battery ('Aggravated Battery inflicting injury causing serious permanent impairment') which would have carried a sentence of between 3 and 16 years, with an advisory ('presumptive') sentence of 9 years. He plead to a Level 5 Battery which carries a sentence of 1-6 years, with an advisory sentence of 3 years.

He had 5 previous Indiana criminal cases initially charged as felonies, all in the 2010-12 time frame, including 2 Burglaries, a Domestic Battery, a Forgery, and a RSP & RLE combo. I didn't check to see how many of those resulted in felony convictions. With the Level 3 charge, he could have been charged as an habitual offender with two prior unrelated convictions with at least one not being a Level 6 or D Felony. I don't know if he qualified for that charge, or it just wasn't pursued.

The Probable Cause Affidavit says he stabbed a rival gang member 21 times about the head, chest, and arms...however, he was treated and released with only stitches. There does not seem to have been any self-defense claim available.

Its all on mycase indiana for those interested.

For sure. Indiana’s notoriously liberal legislature and executive branch. Get real.

And not for nothing, Justice is blind. “Someone who looks like that” cannot and should not ever be a consideration of anything related to application of the law, lest one of us ever be on the wrong side of that statement.
Bullshit when you do that to yourself you make a statement . Really tattoo your head with gang symbols and think parole should see you being a good citizen?

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
He was originally charged in LaPorte Co. with a Level 3 Battery ('Aggravated Battery inflicting injury causing serious permanent impairment') which would have carried a sentence of between 3 and 16 years, with an advisory ('presumptive') sentence of 9 years. He plead to a Level 5 Battery which carries a sentence of 1-6 years, with an advisory sentence of 3 years.

He had 5 previous Indiana criminal cases initially charged as felonies, all in the 2010-12 time frame, including 2 Burglaries, a Domestic Battery, a Forgery, and a RSP & RLE combo. I didn't check to see how many of those resulted in felony convictions. With the Level 3 charge, he could have been charged as an habitual offender with two prior unrelated convictions with at least one not being a Level 6 or D Felony. I don't know if he qualified for that charge, or it just wasn't pursued.

The Probable Cause Affidavit says he stabbed a rival gang member 21 times about the head, chest, and arms...however, he was treated and released with only stitches. There does not seem to have been any self-defense claim available.

Sounds like an upstanding member of society and a credit to humanity.

Snake pit or a deserted, mountaintop island.

Really? People openly telling us I am I a criminal and being a criminal? I have no fears from that . Who lets this person out on parole ? Lawyers
Examples would be if a J6 defendant has a Q or MAGA tat going in and are kept in jail for an extended time because the Left sees them as radicals that can’t be rehabilitated.

Again, Justice is meant to be blind and, as a judge, you’re not able to say, “see, this guy is never going to be rehabbed because he has tats so he gets treated differently than someone that is 100% equivalent but for the tats.”

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Examples would be if a J6 defendant has a Q or MAGA tat going in and are kept in jail for an extended time because the Left sees them as radicals that can’t be rehabilitated.

Again, Justice is meant to be blind and, as a judge, you’re not able to say, “see, this guy is never going to be rehabbed because he has tats so he gets treated differently than someone that is 100% equivalent but for the tats.”
How did that work out Here? Life decisions should have ramifications on the parole side . I really dont care a lot if you decide to announce to the world who you are then so be it

LMAO. J6 defendants and MAGA members ARE being put in jail for an extended time and it has nothing to do with how they look.

If they can put people away for years for strolling through the Capitol, they could have kept this guy in for the maximum, without parole.

Holy F##ck are you really serious with this line of bullshit? Have you ever seen any one with a MAGA Tat on their head vowing to a gang? You are messed up . This was parole not a trial who lets that POS out?

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
LMAO. J6 defendants and MAGA members ARE being put in jail for an extended time and it has nothing to do with how they look.

If they can put people away for years for strolling through the Capitol, they could have kept this guy in for the maximum, without parole.
Then take it up with the Republican-controlled legislature and the Republican-appointed parole board, instead of just reflectively blaming liberals for everything.

Then take it up with the Republican-controlled legislature and the Republican-appointed parole board, instead of just reflectively blaming liberals for everything.
No, it's not their fault. The judge handed down a light sentence, based on his past history, and the parole board let him out, as you so astutely noted. Link that the parole board is Republican-appointed?

Your attempt to blame Republicans is pathetic and disingenuous.

Criminals gonna criminal.

There is a link for how the parole board is made up.

There is a link of the Governor appointing the head of the board.

The board was all appointed by our republican governor.

There is a link for how the parole board is made up.

There is a link of the Governor appointing the head of the board.

The board was all appointed by our republican governor.
That's from 2015.

She sounds like a Democrat.

That's from 2015.

She sounds like a Democrat.

The link was literally to show that the governor is who picks the board.

They can sound like whoever you want. Indiana has had a Republican governor for how long now? A pub picked the board.

Apologies
I like that you guys think I'm so partisan I can't make a joke about my side.

If she was appointed by Pence - which evidently she was - that sort of makes the point a lot of us make about certain non-MAGA Republicans - they're squishy. Pence may have been Trump's VP, but he was more of a Bush Republican.

And that's why a lot of us don't like Bush Republicans - they're Democrats-lite. They won't stand for their principles when push comes to shove.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No, it's not their fault. The judge handed down a light sentence, based on his past history, and the parole board let him out, as you so astutely noted. Link that the parole board is Republican-appointed?

Your attempt to blame Republicans is pathetic and disingenuous.

Criminals gonna criminal.
The judge handed down an appropriate sentence for the charge. Five years, which was probably based on the statutory advisement of three plus two extra for his criminal history or his use of a weapon. Aggravating factor, at any rate. You got a problem with that, change the definition of a level five felony and its appropriate sentence.

I'm not blaming anyone, other than the killer. I'm simply directing those of you who immediately jumped into the blame game where you need to be focused.

Reactions: UncleMark
The judge handed down an appropriate sentence for the charge. Five years, which was probably based on the statutory advisement of three plus two extra for his criminal history or his use of a weapon. Aggravating factor, at any rate. You got a problem with that, change the definition of a level five felony and its appropriate sentence.

I'm not blaming anyone, other than the killer. I'm simply directing those of you who immediately jumped into the blame game where you need to be focused.
"statutory advisement'. But the sentence range is 1-6 years. And it was pled down from a Level 3 Battery, which carried a 3 to 16 year sentence.

With his history, it should never have been pled down. Judges are to blame - as well as parole boards - for going easy on habitual criminals. Sticate law would be fine if felons were actually convicted of the original charges. And don't give me any bullshit about doing it to get a conviction. One look at this guy and a jury would easily have convicted him ofa Level 3. 5 PREVIOUS INDIANA CRIMINAL CASES INITIALLY CHARGED AS FELONIES. In a 3 year timeframe.

Whatever happened to a lifetime sentence for being a 3-time loser?

From mushroomgod1's post above.

"statutory advisement'. But the sentence range is 1-6 years. And it was pled down from a Level 3 Battery, which carried a 3 to 16 year sentence.

With his history, it should never have been pled down. Judges are to blame - as well as parole boards - for going easy on habitual criminals. Sticate law would be fine if felons were actually convicted of the original charges. And don't give me any bullshit about doing it to get a conviction. One look at this guy and a jury would easily have convicted him ofa Level 3. 5 PREVIOUS INDIANA CRIMINAL CASES INITIALLY CHARGED AS FELONIES. In a 3 year timeframe.

I have no idea why the case was settled with a plea bargain. I wasn't there. Neither were you. I do know the charge was for stabbing a fellow inmate, and that's not an ideal case to make. So maybe give the prosecutor a little benefit of the doubt?

The judge handed down an appropriate sentence for the charge, and the parole board gave the guy the standard six month early release. There is no reason for outrage here, except for at the killer himself.

3 strikes and life has never been the law in Indiana.

I have no clue why it was pled down, typically it comes from evidentiary issues. While a jury may have convicted, if a large part of your case is how a guy looks and not straight facts, then there’s a chance of a directed verdict at trial before it gets to a jury.

And if a prosecutor is EVER on record that a defendant’s look factors into why they’re doing something vs evidence, then they’re gonna get complained about and disciplined because “your client looks like shit and a jury is gonna find him guilty of I only point to him and say that he’s clearly a criminal” is as far from the oath to do Justice as there can be.

3 strikes and life has never been the law in Indiana.

I have no clue why it was pled down, typically it comes from evidentiary issues. While a jury may have convicted, if a large part of your case is how a guy looks and not straight facts, then there’s a chance of a directed verdict at trial before it gets to a jury.

And if a prosecutor is EVER on record that a defendant’s look factors into why they’re doing something vs evidence, then they’re gonna get complained about and disciplined because “your client looks like shit and a jury is gonna find him guilty of I only point to him and say that he’s clearly a criminal” is as far from the oath to do Justice as there can be.
Someone who looks like that generally also has a menacing demeanor, which is something the sentencing judge make take into account.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT